opposite gender day

joeshoething

would you participate in an opposite gender holiday?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. would you participate in an opposite gender holiday?

• yes
    • no

kikepa...........yea. Man you must be on Venus or had the sword of damiclease over you when you made that last post. I have never met a woman outside of family that does not want a man to be the "knight in shining armor " when it suits or --it hits the fan. However I deal mostly with Kentucky women and let's face it some give a whole new meaning to tooth count. Hell just watch Jerry Springer.

I have been Banned for emailing abuse to tech when he tried to help me.

• 2 weeks later...

i would LOOOOVE for something like this to happen, although i dont think it would ever gain enough popularity and participation for me to feel comfortable in the womens atire infront of anybody i knew. but it would be something id definatly go out and do for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

I said yes. Even though my normal style is a man's shirt with a short skirt, pantyhose, and high heels presented as a guy, I would be willing to make a full female presentation just for the fun of it once in a while. I think a nice pair of pants would go great with a wig and makeup.

I said "no" because I'm not into wanting to be or dress like a woman. I wear heels because I like them, not because I want to be "pretty". If we have a cause to support, I think participating in an event that asks us to dress like a woman may be appropriate for some, not unlike the walks and races in high heels for men to support female victims of crime. Still, I know I'd be one kinda butt-ugly MF'er dressed up as a girl. It's not likely to ever happen. For those who would, bravo. You have my best wishes.

The only reason I'd say no is that it is further acknowledgment that there are womens clothing and mens clothing. I don't want people to think what we do is a freak show or only appropriate for Halloween. Years ago when men started wearing earrings it was a clear indication that you were gay, or so people thought... Today it's perfectly acceptable. I think if we are to gain acceptance we need not to fall into a mode where we participate in cute events. When I buy lingerie, stockings, heels, or skirts they are MINE, a guys clothing. Not a womens clothing... Just my opinion...

• 2 weeks later...

On a related note, I've done Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, but was probably the only one of several hundre males there who drove to the event, approached it, participated in it, returned to my car, and drove away while wearing the same 4" boots.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Just pick a charity and offer up the idea to them. Participants could gather sponsers who would pledge a given amount if the participant dresses for the day. Or a given amount for every hour they are out in dress. Right now, being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, would be a worthy cause.

Just pick a charity and offer up the idea to them. Participants could gather sponsers who would pledge a given amount if the participant dresses for the day. Or a given amount for every hour they are out in dress. Right now, being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, would be a worthy cause.

Wouldn't the charity that you pick have to have some association with "female" maladies or abuse? I doubt that you'd get many participants if the charity you chose to support was something along the lines of "Save the endangered Amazon River eels." (hmmm, that would work.....wear heels to save the eels. :chuckle::lmao::w00t2:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I go along with what Utahnylon says---just because some of the items came from the other side of the store doesn't mean that they are strickly ladies garments, men are wearing them and they become part of the men's wardrobe. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I hope theres a day like this, I would like to attend too :blinkbigeyes: ! Im not courage enough to go outside my house alone ! But if I know there is many to join that day ! I would be able to blend in pretty well hehehe @_@ !

Sure - why not? I already enjoy skirts and heels, have long hair and wear earrings. Not a big stretch at this point.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.