opposite gender day

joeshoething

would you participate in an opposite gender holiday?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. would you participate in an opposite gender holiday?

• yes
    • no

I'm the first no vote, so let me explain. I'm not opposed to the idea of an "opposite gender day," and I'd happily cheer on the participants. However, my love of women's clothing, be it heels, leggings and catsuits, or even skirts and dresses, stems from the fact that they are part of my repertoire as a guy. I like the idea of wearing high heels and a workshirt together or a catsuit and a NFL hoodie. I'm not saying men are wrong for dressing totally femme, some of my pals do it and look great, I'm just saying it's not my style. -MJ

I would do it in a minute. After all I have done it for halloween many times. It is fun to dress up and having an excuse like opposite gender day would take the pressure of trying to be passable off. I know that there are many men who use halloween just for the chance to dress up. I dont want to live my life as a woman or wear womens clothes all the time but what the heck once in a while it is fun. A mans got to lighten up and live a little. :)

Having such a day may be good for a laugh and an enjoyable party time. I like a laugh as much as the next person and being silly has been part of living from the beginning. There are even worthy causes that have been and can be promoted with the same type of activities. So do them along with the personal heeling outings. The more integritive exposure society gets that males are willing to wear high heels, the sooner male heeling will become the norm.

I'm not sure. I have often said that there would be far less gender altering surgery if men and women could dress and behave in any way they wanted. I have gone to parties in full drag quite a few times and would once have called myself a cross dresser. I saw the light quite a few years ago and realised i just wanted to wear whatever I liked yet obviously be a man! I feel most comfortable with tags such as interdressing, fashion forward or freestyle. Style is a state of mind...

Having a special day for gender bending could be as much fun for some of the girls as for all of us. Mickey and I went to a Halloween party one time, she dressed as a little girl and I dressed as the Mother. Besides having a lot of fun, we took first prize on costume judging. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

of course i would, i do every day....

even for work, earrings, nails, womens flats...

heels to visit clients for the first time is a bit scary for them i fear....

But your not really changing your gender if you still appear to be male.

I think the Original Post was talking about appearing female.

Pumpfan:-) A lot of the ladies who say that they can't wear heels have never really tried. Putting them on once and saying I can't do it isn't trying. As you know, you have to start with a low heel and work your way up to a higher one with a lot of practice. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Pumpfan:-)

A lot of the ladies who say that they can't wear heels have never really tried. Putting them on once and saying I can't do it isn't trying. As you know, you have to start with a low heel and work your way up to a higher one with a lot of practice.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I'm not totally sure that needing a lot of practice to know whether or not you can wear heels is accurate, at least in some cases. It could be the fit and/or the structure of ones feet has a bit to do with their ability to wear high heels. With my first pair of 4" stilettos court shoes, I put them on and started to walk in them right away. Oh! There was some teetering from unfamiliarity in the first few steps, but otherwise I was stepping in heaven. Walking in my first 5" heels wasn't that much different either. Now when I tried my first 6" stilettos many years later, the walking difficulty was quite dramatic, but within three to four minutes, I wanted them secured to my feet forever. I would have walked out of the shop wearing them, but after a few more minutes, reality set in. I realized I needed to build the strength in my lower limbs to sustain wearing them for the greater distances and the longer periods of time.

maybe they should redesign some island somewhere in the world as a holiday destination purely for CDs or anyone who likes to wear just certain items like shoes boots etc a sort of fantasy island where you spend a few weeks dress how you damn well like, i reckon you'd be booked out every week wish i had the cash to do something like this i reckon its a winner.

Histiletto:-) I, as you, have been the exception to the rule. I put on a pair of 4" stiletto pumps the very first time and walked off in them without any difficulty, and the rest is history. Not every one can do this. I had perfect balance at that time in my life, which most of it has been robbed from me by age, surgeries, and sickness. But I refuse to give in and keep fighting all the way through and will to the very end. They don't call me the "Old Gun Fighter" for nothing. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I think it would be great if there are a lot of participants in this from school age to the elderly and everyone in between. I for one would love to see some of the ladies I have the pleasure of working with go without a bra for a day!:)

I have been Banned for emailing abuse to tech when he tried to help me.

I voted yes in this poll. And since Halloween is my favorite holiday, I use that as my opposite gender day.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

maybe they should redesign some island somewhere in the world as a holiday destination purely for CDs or anyone who likes to wear just certain items like shoes boots etc a sort of fantasy island where you spend a few weeks dress how you damn well like, i reckon you'd be booked out every week wish i had the cash to do something like this i reckon its a winner.

I like that idea a lot. Well with the power ball at 148 million, maybe I can be lucky enough to win that and do just that sort of thing. Not to mention going to work would be a gas. Just imagine all those sexy shoes and wearers that you would get to see. Needless to say, I would have one heck of a collection of shoes.

I would do it. Sounds like great fun. People need to loosen up and have some silliness in their lives.

Me, too. That and the fact that letting loose in that way shows most women that you're someone who's more than nominally sensitive to the differences between the sexes.

I've found most women actually dig that in a man - at least most of the more reality-based women I enjoy hanging out with!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Me, too. That and the fact that letting loose in that way shows most women that you're someone who's more than nominally sensitive to the differences between the sexes.

I've found most women actually dig that in a man - at least most of the more reality-based women I enjoy hanging out with!

The question becomes, then, "What do women do on opposite gender day?"

- They already wear pants

- They already wear flats

- They already wear nearly all guy clothing, including shirts and pants which zip/button to the right...

I dunno... Wear a jockstrap? Go without a bra? Grow hair on their chest?

Seriously... This day is all about attempting to engender (there's a word for you) sensitivity in males towards females. But it does so by encouraging men to wear clothing females choose to wear voluntarily, so I'm at a loss as to how this helps males to understand females...

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.