flats

hhdude159

stw8: I couldn't get your link to work. P;lease try again if you can. I know the style to which you're referring. They're still popular here. BTW, I couldn't resist and I bought the Nine West Naughty Flats (black) today. A few days from now I'll post a pic.

stw8: I couldn't get your link to work. P;lease try again if you can. I know the style to which you're referring. They're still popular here.

BTW, I couldn't resist and I bought the Nine West Naughty Flats (black) today. A few days from now I'll post a pic.

Thanks for the lookout! Let's try that again...Yeah, the link expired, but I was able to jpg it.

post-30054-133522947555_thumb.jpg

I have been drooooling over these for some time now. I really love them to bad they are slightly out of my budget :irked:

http://www.toryburch.com/CLASSIC-REVA-BALLET-FLAT/50008606,default,pd.html?dwvar_50008606_size=5%2e0&dwvar_50008606_color=051&start=63&cgid=shoes-flats

I agree - those flats are cute! Just luv the logo! I wish I could afford them!

• 3 months later...

Well, I wanted to share my experience today with ladies shoes, yet, at this time it wasn't in the form of heeling. I've been reading the posts of heeling, about the experiences and first times, which does provide me with encouragement to go heeling as well...someday. But for me today, I felt very satisfied having walked out in public in ladies flats. I wanted to look at heels today as I was driving toward downtown. Then I realized, the sun has set and it's dark outside. I have a pair of slingback flats (the same pics I posted in this thread) and a pair of pantyhose with me. Also, since the cuff of my jeans fell to the floor with me flat-footed, it would cover up the slingback. The sight actually looked like a pair of loafers, and no one would've been the wiser (unless you happened to see the sling from behind) Anyway, as I made way from the parking garage to the courtyard of downtown, I immediately felt warm, on a mild evening, wearing my flats and pantyhose through the courtyard into a department store. I don't know if it's because I know I'm wearing women's shoes, but I had this strange feeling of confidence looking at the heels on display AND, had an intent of wanting to try them on. Though there weren't any styles I really wanted to try, the fact for me that I walked out in public in women's shoes was exciting. Maybe it's just me that notices shoes, or I really just didn't care at the moment what others would say, should they happen to notice. I really would've loved to have tried on some heels, but alas, I felt very satisfied to have tried that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I wanted to share my experience today with ladies shoes, yet, at this time it wasn't in the form of heeling.

I've been reading the posts of heeling, about the experiences and first times, which does provide me with encouragement to go heeling as well...someday. But for me today, I felt very satisfied having walked out in public in ladies flats.

I wanted to look at heels today as I was driving toward downtown. Then I realized, the sun has set and it's dark outside. I have a pair of slingback flats (the same pics I posted in this thread) and a pair of pantyhose with me. Also, since the cuff of my jeans fell to the floor with me flat-footed, it would cover up the slingback. The sight actually looked like a pair of loafers, and no one would've been the wiser (unless you happened to see the sling from behind)

Anyway, as I made way from the parking garage to the courtyard of downtown, I immediately felt warm, on a mild evening, wearing my flats and pantyhose through the courtyard into a department store. I don't know if it's because I know I'm wearing women's shoes, but I had this strange feeling of confidence looking at the heels on display AND, had an intent of wanting to try them on.

Though there weren't any styles I really wanted to try, the fact for me that I walked out in public in women's shoes was exciting.

Maybe it's just me that notices shoes, or I really just didn't care at the moment what others would say, should they happen to notice. I really would've loved to have tried on some heels, but alas, I felt very satisfied to have tried that.

Thanks for sharing your story. I too luv to wear flats when shopping, they are so comfortable and look so cute!

Don't own any flats and never thought about wearing them UNTIL I wore some men's slippers, which I had bought at Nordstrom Rack, into a home improvement store and they were more comfortable then loafers or tennis shoes it did give me pause to think about them. A whole lot of girls are seen in ballet flats these days even while shopping for heels so they must be cumfy. HappyinHeels

Thanks for sharing your story. I too luv to wear flats when shopping, they are so comfortable and look so cute!

In a way, for me to wear ladies flats in public was a gateway to wear heels. I didn't even think of it in a comfort sense, moreso of feeling comfortable out in public.

I actually did this pretty much a whole week, and felt rather comfortable doing so. Funny thing is that when I wore the flats, I had more of a motivation to want to try on heels in public at the stores.

In doing so I may try a pair of slingback kitten heels with pantyhose under my jeans next.

• 2 months later...

I had never consider flats, but today I sa a girl with some very pretty sandals and I started to consider the idea. So when I finished my train ride I made a quick stop and got my first pair of flats, I was surprised by how different they feel from any other shoe I have, and my first thought was that if am ever gonna use female footwear in public ill definitely start with this pair, I love them and how they feel.

post-21885-133522972195_thumb.jpg

I am taking some online classes and I had to go meet with the Professor. I decided to wear my new pair of black patent leather flats to the meeting. They are round toed with a small shiny black bow on the top. I walked all over campus trying to find his office and I talked to some other students as I was lost. Once I finally made it to his office I am pretty sure he did not notice. I was hoping for some comment but it was a great experience to be out in my flats!

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I love flats, low heels and low wedges too. I wore my low wedges (1.25-inch heel) out a couple months ago. Even though I love the shoes, wearing them out was a little like drinking flat (no pun) soda pop.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

• 2 months later...

i take it you mean ladies flat shoes well trainers are ok but dress flats are a definate no ...dont do anything for posture or look might as well wear mens shoes and dont get me on to flip flops!!! my pet hate urgh!!!

• 2 months later...

Yes I do buy flats. Apart of wearing heels whenever I have a chance to do so, flats are what cover my feet on a daily basis. They could be gladiator sandals or havaianas flip flops with a flowered pattern in warm weather or damn expensive UGG boots when colder weather strikes. Could be fancy or not but basically the only thing I really care is NOT to pick any of my shoes/clothes on a men's departmet of a store.

post-20134-0-35794500-1375118373_thumb.j

• 4 years later...

I was looking at the Payless "Clinton" flats, just a plain ballet flat with no adornment, and was struck by the fact that when I sorted the reviews by "Most Helpful", the top eight reviews were all from males! Guys are buying these and like wearing them. I shouldn't be too surprised that they are taking the time to review them and also to click on "Helpful" to support other male reviews. Most guys probably don't wear them in public too much, but it looks like a trend might be starting. I'm pleased that my review, from "Essgkay" is the most popular positive review. They're fun shoes, btw. I own two pair and I like them as a change of pace to heels. And I wear them in public.

Steve

Payless Clinton Ballet Flat black 4.jpg

Edited by Steve63130
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

I was looking at the Payless "Clinton" flats, just a plain ballet flat with no adornment, and was struck by the fact that when I sorted the reviews by "Most Helpful", the top eight reviews were all from males! Guys are buying these and like wearing them. I shouldn't be too surprised that they are taking the time to review them and also to click on "Helpful" to support other male reviews. Most guys probably don't wear them in public too much, but it looks like a trend might be starting. I'm pleased that my review, from "Essgkay" is the most popular positive review. They're fun shoes, btw. I own two pair and I like them as a change of pace to heels. And I wear them in public.

Steve

I have been looking for a pair of black flats.  Might have to check those out if they still sell em.

Now Steve,

Firstly, I seem to remember  you, albeit tongue-in-cheek, were suggesting a guillotine for someone posting pictures of flats on this shrine to the high heel. Looks like you've done some sole searching. Secondly, I got the idea you had bought the flats at Payless and had reviewed them there under your "essgkay" review handle. Until I saw the Torrid tag on your flats. Well, I've stirred the pot enough for now. It does seem to be hot enough. HappyinHeels

HiH:

Yes, all tongue in cheek. There's a place for flats occasionally, and among my vast collection of heels, I have about 10 pair of flats: 7 ballet flats, 2 mary janes, and 1 flat sandals. Among the ballet flats, 3 are from Payless, one is from Torrid, 2 are from Crocs, and 1 is from Softstar. So I do have flats from both Payless and Torrid. Sorry for the confusion. And I've put the guillotine away. No danger!

:-)

Steve

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Steve63130 said:

Steve

Very cute!

• 1 month later...