12 inch heels and above

teeza

hi, elite-heels would be the best choice. they have nearly 12" shoes in their program. they also do customer wishes. but two things before: we´re talking about 600 + X euros for shoes and of course even more for boots. payable before they order from the manufacturer. and sometimes it takes up to 12 weeks, before the shoes are ready to ship...

If you're looking for quality and 1st class workmanship, I'd go with Gina each and every time. Elite-heels has a good reputation for in all three areas that are important to customers. Traditionally excellent quality, workmanship and outstanding customer service. They do what it takes to attract and hold satisfied customers.:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Teeza!

I've heard good things about elite heels, the other one I'd give serious consideration to is lapiazza-highheels.com and their site is laid out in English,German,Spanish and French. Boh these companies seemed to have the invested the money in the shoe last molds to turn out incredibly sexy shoes with incredible heel heights. Like others have pointed out though, the prices are steep: I got quotes on three different styles of platform sandals and the prices varied from US $470-520. lot of money but the shoes will be unique and to your specifications.

Good luck and tell us how it goes!

HappyinHeels

so... when do stilettos become stilts? i mean there has to be some guideline, right?

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

It's an interesting question - my boots have a 12 inch heel, and still class them as heels. I think Teeza is being very brave having a 7 inch instep on an 8 inch platform, although I know she is well practiced on extreme heels

I love the feel of that ultimate lift!

let´s point out, what a stiletto is. the name results from the latin word "stilus" wich is still used in english as "stylus". and a stylus (mostly used in the mediaevals) was a true stylus, if it was LONG, THIN, and made out of METAL. today in germany, france and italy the word "stilett" or "stiletto" is still used for some kind of knifes and daggers...but just when the blade is long and thin... so to me, a stiletto heel is long (high), thin and metalmade. high can only be 9cm (about 3,5") and up :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help. I am now sorted out. I will order boots with 15 inch heels and 8 inch platforms.

Tezza (Sue)

It is not the heel height that you should worry about, it is the platform height. Every extra inch of platform height increases walking difficulty by 100%. An 8 inch platform will be very unstable on all surfaces except ultra smooth and level indoor flooring. Any slope in any direction except uphill will be very unbalancing and anything lying on the ground that you step on could make the platform wobble so much, that unless you have very strong ankles, it will cause you to fall over or break or strain your ankle.

Be very, very careful with ultra-high platforms. Take plenty of time to get used to them and let us know how you manage with them.

Good luck