First pair of heels

Alex

nice shoes, Alex I have a similar par of plats to your ones bot mine are 6" and have a stiletto heel (See "Txt-1's favorite sandals") I haven't worn mine out in public yet (waiting for a good enough excuse to wear them outside :wink: ) cool shoes anyway, later, TXT-1

Nice shoes, and more than high enough to start with. Pierre Silber seem well known on the net. Hope they arrive OK. Best of luck!

[Above images are large, and quite slow to load]

Thanks jo. The 4 inch pumps arrived today. I fell in love with them the moment I took them out of the box. Sure, I can't walk that well in them but that'll change in time.

I wish I was a size 10

Best of luck learning to walk in those pumps :wink: They don't look quite like "starter heels" to me, but each to their own. Did you get red or black, Alex?

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I picked up the white. They look good actually. If I had a digital camera I'd take photos and show everyone. What do you think would have been a better set of starting heels?

I wish I was a size 10

I think most people view "starter heels" as something which is fairly low which you can learn to walk in more easily. 4in stilettos aren't ideal for learning, as they are laterally unstable and also quite high that they effect the gait quite a lot, whereas a pair of chunky 2-3in boots will be much easier to learn in. But then, where's the fun in 3in boots?! (Actually depending on the boot it can be quite a lot!) SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Lower heels are certainly better for getting accepted by people, whoever they be... but high spikes (better still lower spikes) are good for learning on, because although it's harder to learn, you'll end up having better balance and control... So knock yourself out! :wink: SH

I probably will be knocking myself out :wink: I haven't gotten to the point where I'm going to tell people. There's only 1 person in my life that I'd tell because I know she wouldn't blab about it.

I wish I was a size 10

If you start wearing them out then you'll find that people will find out by default... especially if they're quite blatent heels like you 4in pumps! I'm assuming this female is your girlfriend.... if so, it'd be best to tell her as soon as you can really, then you're not hiding anything. SH

Ah that's cool. I have a few close friends I know I can trust. I have a few close friends I can't exactly trust... but practically everyone knows so it makes no difference. But it is nice to know that you have someone you can trust with things like these! SH

Most of my friends would be in total shock. They'd never expect it coming from me. Since the majority of the are around my age I think they may get over it after a while but I'm not going to push it on them to test that theory out.

I wish I was a size 10

My friends wouldn't have expected it from me - but they all seem cool about it. I know it's easier said than done, but my experiences have been that it's never as bad as the anticipation.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Quite... I don't think anyone expects it when you tell them, but most people are absolutely ok with it. But if you're happy where you are with your heel wearing and friends, leave it like that, and only push out the boundries once you feel ready to or the need to. SH

I have to be comfortable with the whole thing myself before I start telling people about it.

Now there's a true statement!

This site has helped me get comfortable with it, as has an ex-girlfriend I'd have liked to stay with. I think feeling comfortable with it is the key. (Once you can fake that, you're sorted :wink: )

The fear is the worst part. I sent her an email explaining things. The time it took for her to respond felt like an eternity. Her response(not all of it) how do you do it? and what color are they? :wink: I wasn't expecting that. She did express concern for my health because as we all know, "Heels are bad for you". But that's it. She didn't even say it was weird.

I wish I was a size 10

Hey, guys, -Face it, you will *never* be comfortable with it... -Cause when you might have been, then you start kicking your own a.. Behind (sorry...) for not getting it out much sooner instead of making a mountain of a molehill (that somebody anyhow stumbled over and eradicated without you ever noticing during your painfilled years...). -So in other words, you will continue to suffer as long as you live, but only get a change of reason for it! :D Now that I have explained all this mumbo-jumbo to all of you sufferers out there, please start enjoying your heels and find something much more sinister to darken your nightmares with as a placebo/placeholder. -Like instead of dreaming about being ridiculed by Ruby Wax when she shows all those commercial "bloopers", you might dream about taking her place and/or her life instead... :wink: Happy Easter to all of you! TallSwede

On my own, I am comfortable with it. But when you step outside into the big wide world, I don't think you can ever be fully comfortable because wearing heels as a guy is "socially unacceptable". In all reality it's not, nobody _really_ cares, but it always feels that way. SH

I think it's a slow transition going from "heel admirer" to "heel owner/wearer". If you would have told me a month ago that I'd be sitting here wearing 4" heels I'd think you were crazy. I still don't know why I finally decided to order my shoes. Until I'm comfortable wearing and walking in them I can't go around and be "Mister Confidence" while wearing them. I'm amazed that my friend wasn't freaked out by it. If everyone else I told responded the same way I'd walk around in them 24/7. As it is I've had them off my feet for about 5-6 hours since they arrived. Is that good or bad? :D:wink:

I wish I was a size 10

Alex wrote in an earlier post:

I sent her an email explaining things.

What will (did) she say when she sees you next time. Even telling someone by email or in a letter doesn't alter the fact that that person will ever look at you in the same way, again.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think with some, if not most people, once you've told them and they get over the initial shock... over time they will realise you are still the same person and they will look at you in the same light. Some people on the other hand realise that because you have extra bits of rubber and/or metal under your shoe, it makes you a different person all of a sudden. *sigh*

SH

What will (did) she say when she sees you next time. Even telling someone by email or in a letter doesn't alter the fact that that person will ever look at you in the same way, again.

I hope she says "Hello" :wink:

I only told her through email because she lives 300+ miles away from me now. If we were in the same city, like we were years ago, I'd show her. I might go up and visit her in the summer before I leave the country again. Finances dictate everything

I wish I was a size 10