Just three days in heels and out shopping…

elevated

I got my first pair of heels last week, and today I wore my new boots out - my first time ever in public with heels. They are heels too, black ankle boots with 5" heel and 1" platform (from Kays mailorder - item no. PM6265). Wore boots, boot cut black cords (H&M), burgundy sweatshirt. There is a good 1 - 2 inches of heel showing! I went to a local retail park for some bits and bobs with my 4yr old. I shopped in Kwik-Save, and visited several other stores to ask about furniture for a cottage we're doing up. Then to Halfords for some MolySlip for my Moto Guzzi bevel box and tools etc. Then drive home, with a stop for petrol on the way. The only people that obviously noticed were a few early teens girls who kept looking back - no comments, no bother. We're of to the mother in laws for Easter and I'm planning to travel in heels. I'll take my sensible(?) shoes with me - Swear Air boots! Its good to be wearing what I want at last. Elevated

That sounds cool, elevated! :D I assume then that your family (at least close family) know about your heels then? I've found the same, that you always get a few looks and maybe some giggles, but never any real bother about it. Do you have links to sites where theses shoes can be viewed/bought etc? I've seen swear boots before - are yours flat and/or platformed, or are they heeled as well? Good luck in your future 'adventures'! I wonder what the in-laws would make of it....! :wink: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Yes, my immediate family knows about my heels. Its easier that way, but then they know I'm a little "unusual" anyway! My wife just asked me last night "does this mean your going to wear them (my heeled boots) all the time?" and 4 yr olds don't care. My own parents don't know - they are seriously square - but I suspect that my Mum in law will know by this time next week :wink: !!

My heeled boots were bought from the Kays catalogue - go to http://www.kays.com and then search for item code PB6265. I can't find a direct link as their site is all Javascript. My boots are the black ones.

My Swear boots are black Air 03's - flattish with 3" platform. Wouldn't they be so much more fun if they were wedged? See them at http://www.swear-alternative.com/default.asp?do=1&shoe=4328&color=8248.

I'll have to post my in-laws reactions, won't I. And perhaps the results of a shopping trip in Reading?

it's always good to hear of someone 'coming out', it helps all the other wannabes gain the confidence to do the same. Good on you for sharing your experience with them and us. I have a couple of pairs of boots with similar styled heels to your PB6265 from Kays. Keep us posted on your Reading trip, who knows, you may even bump into Shakedown while you're there :wink:

Elevated that was a heartening story. Bet you wish you'd done it before :wink: I look forward to future happy stories. Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

They sell those Raid boots at argos additions as well. Infact, the kays site looks remarkably similar to that of Argos Additions'. Although they look a lot more expensive! For a pair of raid 4 in wedge heel ankle boots, £25 at AA, £45 at Kays... hmm! SH

I have to say Argos is becoming my favourite shoe shop these days as they are cheap but have a lot of the high street names. Apart from that you can browse from the comfort of your armchair :wink:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

I like the range at Argos, and I can spend all those Nectar points I earn buying petrol at Argos too, I think. Hmmm... I feel a spending spree coming on :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

That's not fair! I don't buy petrol! Nor do I earn nectar points any other way... nevermind. I'll live. *sob* Having said that... Argos are pretty good and the prices are very reasonable, so I can cope without discount! Either that or I can smile sweetly and flutter my eyelashes! :wink: SH

I never heard of buying petrol at Argos! Is it a drive through section at the back or do they sell you it in cartons? :wink: SH, you're lucky that you don't have to buy petrol :D means you don't have to buy insurance, tax, mot, repairs, oil and other associated bits for keeping a car on the road! But cars are useful, even if I am starting to use my bicycle a bit more often. This fat sod needs to lose some pounds from around the midrift or I'll look like the Michelin man soon :D Yamyam will probably say it's due to too much cake :(

I never heard of buying petrol at Argos! Is it a drive through section at the back or do they sell you it in cartons? :wink:

:rofl: Oi! Francis! Behave! (Like that's likely :D )

SH, you're lucky that you don't have to buy petrol :( means you don't have to buy insurance, tax, mot, repairs, oil and other associated bits for keeping a car on the road! But cars are useful, even if I am starting to use my bicycle a bit more often. This fat sod needs to lose some pounds from around the midrift or I'll look like the Michelin man soon :D Yamyam will probably say it's due to too much cake :o

I must admit that certain cake-related thoughts did drift across my mind there :o That's why I didn't have any.

And you left 'tyres' out of your list - that about UKP140 I've got to shell out in the next few weeks :D

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Hahaha! :wink: I'm still at the stage in life where I can eat whatever I like and not put on a pound... So I'm happy with that arrangement!

When I pass my driving test my dad will put me on his insurance for the family car... So I get to use it, subject to his clearance of course, whenever the parental units aren't using it. This has the distinct advantage that I don't have to pay for insurance, repairs, MOT, servicing, car washing (!), petrol, tax, etc etc! "Best of both worlds" is the phrase I believe! It's also a TNG episode(s).

SH

<offtopic>

The best TNG episode :wink:

You're probably right there. There have been other very good ones though. I like the one where all the crew disappear except for Dr Crusher and it leaves her somewhat confused.... That ain't a bad one.

Best save that sort of thing for a different thread though...

</offtopic>

Anyways... back to the real world!

SH

Nice boots. Me want.

I bought some knee length Raid boots a few months ago; nearly a 6 inch heel, and a 1 inch platform, in black leather. They were nice, with a side zip. The shop had only one pair of UK size 5 and one pair of UK size 7 left in stock, and they were heavily reduced in price to clear. I got the 7s, but found they run a little large, and I really needed a 6.5, though I'm sure that UK size 6 would have been a good fit if they had had them in stock.

Next day I was horrified to discover that they were not a matching pair; one had a seam which went down the side of the boot, and the other did not, but had a seam around the ankle. I had to take them back. The shop was really good about it; and had staff looking everywhere to find the matching sides. They could not find them, so came to the conclusion that someone must have bought an odd pair months ago, and either never noticed, or couldn't be bothered to return them for exchange. How odd.

Bet you wish you'd done it before :D I look forward to future happy stories.

Yes, Julietta, you're right. I should have done this simple thing years ago. Interesting though that I've never had "at home only heels". I've just left it until I decided to go the whole way. Too mean to buy shoes which I can't really use properly.

As for future stories - had to get some cat food and groceries today, so off we go in heels, no problem. People just don't look at your feet unless they are into shoes like we are. Anyway they were under extra flared jeans so not too obvious. Don't flared jeans look so much better when they cover your (heeled) foot almost completely rather than big bloke shoes sticking out from under :wink:

The only problem I had was 70 degrees and ankle boots. Might just have to get some sandles or mules… :D

Yes, Julietta, you're right. I should have done this simple thing years ago. Interesting though that I've never had "at home only heels". I've just left it until I decided to go the whole way. Too mean to buy shoes which I can't really use properly.

I work this way too. I have to justify buying a pair on the basis that I must wear it outside if I'm going to buy it, otherwise it's a waste of money, which is scarce, being a poor lil (ok, not so little!) student!

SH