First and certainly not the last Aldo experience(kinda long but worth it)

Mr. X

My journey begins around 10am this morning. There is an Aldo store here in our big local mall. I was actually going to the mall to visit the Claires store and maybe buy some new earrings. The manager there was the one that pierced me and she is really cool with the whole "fashion freedom" thing. I haven't worn heels there yet but I have worn "feminine" earrings there with no problems at all. Just as many of us here are when it comes to heels I am the same way with my earrings. I peered in the store and it appeared that she wasn't there so I decided not to go in. Lucky for me the Aldo store is right across from Claires. I have walked past the Aldo store and even briefly glanced around inside in the past. But I have never done anything concrete in there, until today. Plus I find them to be a little on the expensive side for me. Now don't get me wrong, I have shopped for, and tried on heels. But it is usually in thrift stores or places where the boxes are self serve. I have never dealt with a sales associate or a place where they have to go to the back and fetch the shoes for you. I waked in and there was 2 women besides me. They were having some kind of big sale. I guess they were clearing out end of the line shoes. It's on their website too. Up to 70% off selected styles. I also noticed the sales girl. Not bad looking and I pegged her to be in her mid to late 20's. From the moment I walked in I spotted what I wanted on the table nearest the entrance. A nice pair of plain red patent stilettos with just a bit of detailing on the side. They had been $70 marked down to about $45. I was sold. The sales girl asked if I needed a hand and I said I was just looking for now. So she continued to help the other ladies. I was a little nervous as it was so I wanted to have an empty store. Finally about 5 minutes later the ladies left after making their purchase. Now I was ready. I grabbed the shoe and asked if she had it in a 9 or 9 1/2. She said they don't have half sizes and asked if I wanted a 10 as she said their shoes tend to run small. I said sure and she went to the back. I didn't even say anything else and I could tell that she knew they were for me. And just to confirm that she came back and said we don't have those in that size but we have these in a 9 and they are the same price. And she pulled out another pair of red shoes. A kind of ankle strap sandal with a peep toe. They were nice but I didn't immediately love them as I had my heart set on the other ones. Before I even started to try them on she started showing me and talking about anti slip pads for the bottom because in her words the shoes were "ankle breakers". Finally I grabbed one and proceeded to try it on and she didn't even bat an eye. My confidence was now at an all time high. As I was doing up the strap I asked her in these exact words, "So am I your first?" We were clicking like nobodies business. Just from that she said I had one guy call but he never came into the store so I guess you are my first. that was kinda cool. I got the shoes on and proceeded to the mirror. As I was checking myself out she started in with the questions. Her first question was "Do you do drag?" I replied no. I said I just like shoes. A bit more questioning and she finally realized that I was just a normal guy with a shoe fetish and she was cool with that. She said she likes shoes too and she is in heels all the time. As I was checking myself out further in the mirror she said "if I wanted I could match those up with a bag". She probably notice the camera type bag I was wearing. That one caught me off guard but I was a little intrigued at the same time. Without missing a beat she grabbed a red purse and said this one is on sale as well. This girl was good. I told her it's nice but "I don't do bags just shoes". I probably would do bags but one step at a time for me. She was treating me like any other customer and it was great. We were having so much fun I failed to realize that other people were walking in and out of the store now. But I didn't care anymore. She was giving me nothing but compliments as I looked in the mirror. I was suprised that she said the shoes ran small because these 9's weren't too bad. They were a little snug but I said for $45 I think I can work them in. Then she proceeds to tell me that they are actually $22. I said pardon. She told me that most of the clearance shoes were also another 50% off. Well considering I had planned on spending $45 for the first pair that left me money and she knew it. I proceeded to take of the first pair and asked "What else do you have that's on sale?" At this point I was like a kid in a candy store and she was "Willy Wonka". She proceeded to show me several other pairs which I turned down. Then she showed me a pair of black ankle strap sandals which caught my eye. I said "I like those" and she went to the back for the 9's. I proceeded to try those on and head to the mirror. Not only did I check myself out but I strutted around the store in these ones. I couldn't see her as I was walking but I bet she was impressed at how easily I was waking in heels. And the whole time I was receiving nothing but compliments again. She kept mentioning that both shoes looked "deadly" on me. Her phone rang or something and she headed back to her till. Plus I think she knew I was at my spending limit and didn't want to push her luck. After a few minutes of mulling it over I headed over to her and said "I'll take em!" She proceeded to ask my name and said hers as she was ringing me up. She also told me her manager is gay. I already knew that as I had seem him in there before I just didn't know that he was the manager. That is another reason I figured she was ok with just about anything and that nothing shocks her. Then she asked me if I had a girlfriend to which I said no. Living the single life then she says. I though she was practically ready to give me her number at this point. But unfortunately when I asked her status she said she has had a boyfriend for a long time and they are practically married. Based on our time together I believed her. It would have been a nice ending but even that could not bring me down at this point. So I paid my $50 and left with a big smile on both our faces. This was probably my best outing to date and I will definitely be back. She has a customer for life. Now for the pics. Pic number one is the red pair. It is called the "sebrina". Pic number 2 is the black pair. It is called the "ikeja". Both pairs have heels just a shade under 4 1/2 inches. They are both listed on their website if you want some additional info or pics. Enjoy!

post-3002-133522889174_thumb.jpg

post-3002-133522889177_thumb.jpg

rather than vent about how I wish I could have an experience remotely similar to this, I'll live vicariously through it and encourage you to do that more often.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Nice shoes. I agree with you: Aldo is a great store to buy high heels shoes and boots if you are a man.

Aldo is one of my favorite store too. They are friendly and open minded. (A sale is a sale isnt-it ?)

Looking for less expensive shoes ? Did you try Spring Shoes ? (Spring Shoes is Aldo's sister company)

http://www.myspringshoes.com/ca-eng/women

Their shoes are less expensive and sale personal are also friendly and open minded.

Happy shopping !

Nice shoes. I agree with you: Aldo is a great store to buy high heels shoes and boots if you are a man.

Aldo is one of my favorite store too. They are friendly and open minded. (A sale is a sale isnt-it ?)

Looking for less expensive shoes ? Did you try Spring Shoes ? (Spring Shoes is Aldo's sister company)

http://www.myspringshoes.com/ca-eng/women

Their shoes are less expensive and sale personal are also friendly and open minded.

Happy shopping !

I haven't tried them. I will definitely check them out.

Hi, Very nice experience ;) Yours seems to confirm my little experience as well: confidence is lowest when you enter the store to check out heels (or step out of your door wearing them) but goes rapidly up after the first positive encounter. So far i don't have the confidence to go to a store, try on some heels, and communicate with the sales stuff (have bough all my heels on internet). So i'm a bit envious ;) But i know i will get there sooner or later.. Happy Heeling k6ps

A wonderful experience! I have made a friend at an Aldo recently who has been quite nice to me and is VERY helpful as well. Most of their shoes do not fit me, but she always is ready to bring me her suggestions. Your experience reminds me of one of my "breakthrough" experiences heeling - mine was shopping at a Bandolino store. Once you get that kind of acceptance and confidence, you are on your way. Thanks for sharing and reminding me of some wonderful experiences I have had.

Style is built from the ground up!

What a fantastic experience that you had at the Aldo store and many thanks for sharing it with us. Very nice shoes that you were able to find. I particularly liked the red pair myself. Any chance of some pics of them with you in them? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I figured an update is in order. I figured I would go and see what else they had on sale at Aldo today. I decided on today because I had a day off. Plus it is the same day of the week that I went last time and I figured chances were good that the same sales girl would be working. Now mind you except for about 5 minutes in the past this would be my first outing in anything other than boots. Unlike my boot outings I was nervous as hell. I threw together an outfit in about 2 minutes. I decided I would wear one of the pairs of shoes that I purchased a week ago. Since I didn't have time to coordinate an outfit with the red pair I choose the blacks as they seem to go with almost anything and the colour is a little more discrete. I chose to pair them just with jeans. I also chose a rather loud shirt in a light blue. I figured the loudness of the shirt would keep peoples eyes away from my feet. Plus the shoes didn't make much noise and most of the heel was covered. When I got to the mall I had no trouble walking up to the doors. But I practically froze once I was inside. There was about half a dozen young women sitting on benches near the exit. So I quickly started looking at a clothes rack outside the first store and pretended to check my phone and such. Finally after a few minutes I went for it. Once I got there I was in luck. The same girl was there. As soon as I walked in she said hello and said "I see your wearing your shoes". She then asked if they were comfortable to which I replied "yes they are very comfortable". I proceeded to look around and she suggested a couple of pairs but nothing really caught my eye. The only couple of pair I liked they were out of in my size. She said they could order anything in and it would be the same price. I'm not really a fan of doing that and I let her know. It was short and sweet like maybe 10 minutes. I thanked her and said I would be back. And then I left. For a first outing I think things went quite well. And other than the sales girl nobody noticed or paid any attention from what I could tell. Maybe the shirt did it's job as I intended.....lol. Well here is a pic of what I wore. For a close up of the shoes see the beginning of this thread.

post-3002-133522889351_thumb.jpg

Greatings Mr. X, nice outfit :-) FYI, I order from Aldo when they don't have my size in stock. I have it delivered to the store and they call me when they receive it. It usually takes 2-3 working days. (It is faster to the store than delivered to your home) If you prefer them not to call you, you can trace your order on the internet. If the order status is "delivered" then go to the store for pick-up. I must say I do this only for a pair of shoes or boots I really want This way I save money if they don't have my size in stock :)

Mr.X, what a wonderful experience for you! You may have had a "short and sweet" outing, but you have really expanded your horizons in doing so. I think there is something to your idea that a loud shirt distracts people from immediately noticing the heels and is a good idea for somebody pusing their boundaries - even if it may be just psychological. I like the look however. Also, you are about where I was a year or so ago. I have worn heels in public for years, but instead of doing boots I was usually most comfortable in well concealed pumps. I would go a few places, but really never engage too many people. But the similarity is that when I got a bit bolder, I started shoe shopping while wearing heels. I made a few contacts with really accepting clerks, and though I didn't rule out the possibility that they were just trying to sell me, I have made some wonderful acquaintances. As I got a bit bolder, I started going to other stores in the malls, etc. I made more contacts with accepting people. Eventually, my outings became a lot less about shopping than visiting with people who accepted me. I even stay in touch with several people who worked in the shops long after they have moved on, etc. The only dilemma with this is that since I went shopping for fun and socializing, I began to spend more and more money since I can't pass up a great pair of shoes, jeans, skirts, etc. All of this has helped me gain a great deal of confidence as well as helped me build a pretty good freestyle wardrobe. Your outing today can be the start of something fantastic if you want to build on it. It is so wonderful to find what you seem to have found at your local Aldo store. Keep it up and now that you have an outfit for the red shoes, get out there and wear it proud! As for ordering the shoes into the store, I agree with you about not liking to do that. Daniel6406 makes a great point about ordering them if you really want them, to be sure you get them however. I prefer to try them on before paying for them. Also, there is something about the gratification of finding that pair that is just waiting in the store room for you. A little like hunting for me, I guess.

Style is built from the ground up!