7 or 8 inch next??

Hiline

I got myself a pair of 7inch platform Mary Janes last week that i went on about in another post. Any way there a US11 and i think that makes them a UK9 and what i need is a UK8. So in the next month or so i'll be buying another pair. I love the ones i have http://www.xtremefootwear.co.uk/item--Sky-387-Black-Patent-Shoes--sky-387-b.html

But i was also thinking about these...

http://www.xtremefootwear.co.uk/item--Xtreme-882-Black-Patent-Shoes--Xtreme_782_BlkPat.html

The full house 8inch MJ's. I'm not 100% sure on the thicker strap and they look real ankle breakers. Will they be much hader to walk in than the 7inch ones?. And most of all what pair look the best. The 6.75inchers in a 9 are really 7inch so what might the 8inch's be???. Any help would be great thanx.

I have a pair of similar height to the 2nd pair you have posted. They are fun, albiet not very practical. The ground has to be level, and you can only really go out for night time outings in them. however, they are quite a rush. And i will also let you know, that i dont think its a good idea to spend money on a pair of shoes you already own. I bought 3 pairs of the same boots once, because i felt that i needed to get the "right" size. In hind sight, i could have just put a insole insert in that costed about 10% the price of the boots. All in all, i would say go for the 2nd, as you already have the 1st ;)

• 5 weeks later...

The full house 8inch MJ's. I'm not 100% sure on the thicker strap and they look real ankle breakers. Will they be much hader to walk in than the 7inch ones?. .

Yes they will be very much harder to walk with. Of course there are many factors to consider.

1. What "lift" (height difference between the balls of your foot and the top of the heel) is your maximum comfort zone?

2. How well practiced are you with platforms?

3. How good is your poise & balance?

4. Do you realise that for every extra inch of platform height, the walking difficulty increases 100%

5. If attempting to walk on these huge platforms make sure the ground is flat, smooth and dry. If the ground is outside, something as small as a matchstick could cause you to fall off them. Deep pile carpets can be very difficult. Other things that cause my adrenalin to pump hard and cause me to get very wet when walking in mine are trying to go down a steep hill, uneven ground, ground sloping sideways, slippery surfaces, ice & snow, round topped cobbles are especially difficult and the nobbly pavements at road crossing points here in UK which should be avoided, as should walking outside at night if you cannot see where you are about to step.

Extra long trousers to cover all the heel and platform are recommended, because if you are having difficulty walking, if other people can see your heels, they will stare at you and that often makes you self-concious and even more unsteady.

But good luck with them and let us know how well you manage - or are they really ankle-breakers?

Hope that helps