Who would want to work at a High Heel Shoe store?

zebra heels

Would you work in a High Heel store?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Would you work in a High Heel store?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to work in a shoe store. The employee discount alone would make it fabulous! Anyone notice that most of the Aldos in London have a lot of guys working in them? I keep being served by men when browsing - I've been wondering if any of them are into heels too, so far none have outed themselves to me :)

• 4 weeks later...

I use to work in retail but never again. Even selling heels, the salary would be low. I have a friend who works in Macy's and has for 15 years. They just cut his comission. If I was a millionaire, I might do it but otherwise, I'll leave it to others. And good luck to them!

• 4 weeks later...

As much as I would like it, the pay would not be enough to feed a dog on the way companies are run today. If it were my store then oh yes that would be great. I feel if it were a store where I owned it and the inventory was mine, I would love it. I would carry not only the standard pumps and boots but the higher heels and platforms too. I would set up where a customer could have a fitting room to go into and try on heels and a attendant that could assist them in getting the right sizes and offer a degree of discreteness to clients that required a bit of sensitivity to there purchases.

• 2 months later...

I would love to work at a shoe store as well, but as a part time job. I had suggested it to my niece who is a high heel fashionista as well. She said the same thing about her pay check being blown before is was earned.

It would be ok but I would be pushing all the flats and wedges to the back shelf and displaying all the high heels out the front probably would get the sack first day Could get very frustrating seeing all those heels and not wearing them myself Mind you it would be great to see the ladies trying them on and trying to walk in them steve

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever seen a dude in heels working at Gucci, Louboutin, Walter Steiger, Lanvin, Dior, Chanel, Bally, Balenciaga, Choo, Versace, D&G, Fendi, Vuitton, Gina, Lacroix, Givenchy, Ferragamo or any of the others?

Anyone ever seen a dude in heels working at Gucci, Louboutin, Walter Steiger, Lanvin, Dior, Chanel, Bally, Balenciaga, Choo, Versace, D&G, Fendi, Vuitton, Gina, Lacroix, Givenchy, Ferragamo or any of the others?

No, but when the higher platform shoes for guys were briefly trying to make a comeback at Aldo shoes in the local mall, one of the guys there wore the highest ones they had. I just knew that he had women's shoes and/or boots in his collection as well. I gave him a thumbs up!

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

This is a good question to ask in here. The answer is going to be yes, most definatly, you could argue that this could be our dream job, it would be mine, but difficult at the same time as the temptation to wear the heels myself would be overpowering and therfore could cause a problem. But it would be great. Legs777777

It would be ok but I would be pushing all the flats and wedges to the back shelf and displaying all the high heels out the front

probably would get the sack first day

Could get very frustrating seeing all those heels and not wearing them myself

Mind you it would be great to see the ladies trying them on and trying to walk in them

steve

I would do the same her. But i would like to try them all on and then would get the sack. I think that I can walk better in high heels that most ladie, and have been told so on many occations.

I would so love to work in Kurt Geiger! They have fabulous high heels, and some of the best sales girls I've seen anywhere. I got teased rotten the other day by one who was telling me about going to clubs in her 6" heels and micro mini dress. I know her quite well and she knows the effect she has on me! The pay is absolute rubbish, but it would be great fun!

Oh yes ! What a good idea ! ;) But... :P I'm not qualified :):-? I would make the $ale$ go down, and finally it would be a disaster... Oh, NO ! A High Heel Shoe store into bankruptcy because of me ! Aahhh !!!:unsure: Hum... Excuse me please. :):silly: More seriously, I would love it because it would make me see a lot of kind of shoes and advising clients would be very interresting.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I have been a member here for many years. Mostly I have been reading postings but I have made a few friends. Through your postings I have been inspired to do a bit of streetheeling. This past September I thought I'd try to start an online store. I know this thread is directed toward a more traditional store, but I have to say running an online store has been a lot of fun. I'm not here to plug my store. I just wanted to say that I have taken my interest/passion for high heel boots and shoes and turned it into something I am getting a lot a fun out of. I have met or have been in contact with a lot of wonderful people covering every segment of society. The bonus is I get first crack at all of the new styles.

• 2 weeks later...

It might happen that I'm not going to only work at high heels store but run one :smile: I could say I'm more than excited. Things are in very early stage but wheels are rolling...

It might happen that I'm not going to only work at high heels store but run one :smile: I could say I'm more than excited. Things are in very early stage but wheels are rolling...

It is a pity that I am so far away as I would like to work with you in the store.

Best of luck and enjoy it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to see how it goes. I applied to the Mall's Bakers shoe store. Yet to get a call, but I feel that since I am a frequent face there, that in no time, the manager would allow me to wear a fashionable pair throughout the store, either to show off (advertise, per se) or just because I'd like to.

Formally "HHDude"