Who would want to work at a High Heel Shoe store?

zebra heels

Would you work in a High Heel store?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Would you work in a High Heel store?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

While I say yes, it would have to be a store that, at a minimum, carried sizes to 11 so I could at some point have my fun trying things on (I'd likely volunteer to open or close shop just so I could have the time to do so!). However, I would qualify my statement by saying that I would work at a store, but would prefer it to not be one where the staff had to fit the shoes on the ladies, because for every nice looking lady with clean, un-smelly feet there would be be 15 women that didn't look so nice, had ugly, stinky feet, or were looking to buy the worst looking shoes in the store! I don't think I could deal with that. And also, I'd probably get in trouble for try to sell 4" stilettos to every good looking girl that walked in the store to buy some frumpy flats...lol. In addition, the earlier posted that mentioned his obvious excitement when fitting the hot girl with a great pair of heels would also be a problem for me!

For those that shop at women's stores, have you noticed if the salespeople are wearing their own items? I wonder if at a store say like Aldo, if there's any specific encouragement or direction from management for the saleswomen to wear shoes that are on their shelves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, at first I would say, hell ya. But if I really think about it, I would probably spend more there than I would earn, so it would purely be a side job, it would never pay any bills. But it definitely would be like a kid working in a candy store, so dangerous, I don't think it would last too long.

• 1 month later...

I'd absolutely love to work in a high heel store but I have to agree with those who indicated that it would have to be a side job. I couldn't imagine being able to pay the bills because I'd probably spend more on heels then I would make. I could definitely see myself restocking the shelves with new arrivals though!

One other reason I would love to work in a high heel store is to make sure there were enough larger sizes in stock to sell.

If it was a private shop, you could certainly try to do that. However, if it's a chain (say Payless), I'm not sure how much flexibility you would have. For starters, you are limited to what the parent company makes available for sale (reference being what is available on their website). With Payless, that's already much less (sz 12,13 availability) than in previous years. Next, even with some availability, I'm not sure if it's the local manager that selects the shoes and sizes, and orders them, ir if it's a corporate (probably regional) manager that does that, saying, "I'm going to send X to store 1, Y to store 2, etc."

Yes!!!, just as long as I got to wear the styles of shoes and boots that I was selling. Also that I would be able to purchase the styles that I loved at a discount, and that the store carries larger sizes, 12,13,14. Also that men are able to come in, look at shoes and boots, and be fitted and purchase all while being respected.

High heels forever, ward

• 2 weeks later...