mules

defwax2

Do you wear mules ?

I do wear mules alot. There the perfect heel for spring,summer and fall. Its a shoe easy to slip on and I can take them off at work at my desk.There nice for dangling too.

I do wear mules alot. There the perfect heel for spring,summer and fall. Its a shoe easy to slip on and I can take them off at work at my desk.There nice for dangling too.

Greatings Barbara :-)

I don't own any high heel mules yet but I would like to try (They look nice)

I was wondering if they tend to slip out of your feet while walking.

Do you need to walk a different way while wearing mules compared to regular heels ?

See you ;)

Hi Danielp6406, If the shoes fit right and are the right size I dont have problem keeping mules on. Some are of course easier than others.The only pair that I havent been able to walk in is a pair of 5 inch,red patent mules I bought from Fredericks. Its a shame too because there really pretty.

I have several pairs of mules and also a couple of pairs of clogs. I love wearing mules because it is so easy to slip them on and off. I find them to be as easy to wear and as comfortable as any other shoe as long as they are the right size and fit properly.;)

...Some are of course easier than others...

Hello again Barbara and thank you for your reply :-)

May I ask you which one are easier to walk and why ? (I guess lower heel and lower platform ?)

Would you know which one is best just by looking at them ?

Would be nice if you could post a picture of your preferred mule (or a website link)

so I have an idea of what to look for next time I go to the store.

And I agree with you when you say it is difficult to walk with your 5" mules from Frederick's.

I must admit It would be the same for me ;) (4" is the maximum height I can handle without platform)

Thank you !

I don't own any high heel mules yet but I would like to try (They look nice)

I was wondering if they tend to slip out of your feet while walking.

Do you need to walk a different way while wearing mules compared to regular heels ?

See you ;)

Daniel, I am by no means an expert on mules, but recently I have been out in a few different pair. I have not had my foot slip out, but occasionally I have had my heel come close to slipping sideways off the shoe, so I do tens to take deliberate steps when wearing them. Also, I tend to walk a bit different - smaller, slower steps and I also curl my toes a very little bit, which seems to reduce the shoes slapping a lot against my foot. I have a pair of thong mules, with a strap between the toes, and have noticed that gravity pushing forward on the strap can be a bit irritating to my feet. I will say that mules are not my favorite shoes and I do not plan on wearing them often, but are a nice option in my wardrobe.

Style is built from the ground up!

I have lots of stiletto mules/slides and like them better than anything else. They need to be a little tight so they don't come off. I have also found some brands fit so that my heels go off the inside of the shoe, especially my right foot, for some reason. Ellies are about the only ones that don't do that, and maybe Karos. I have had to put some foam padding inside the right shoe to keep them straight on Pleasers, and even on Shoes USA. It has to do with how they shape the strap across the foot. And Jante I can't wear at all. I also like wedges, Lucious (Pleaser) and Karo, and also Gabriella Rocha. I wear a 12 or 13 in women's sizes, preferably the latter, and wear mini platforms with a 5 or 5 1/2 inch heel. They are much more comfortable than closed shoes for me.

...Also, I tend to walk a bit different - smaller, slower steps and I also curl my toes a very little bit, which seems to reduce the shoes slapping a lot against my foot.

Greatings HappyFeat and BobHH: Thank you for sharing your mule wearing experience with us.

I see women wearing mules without any "slapping" effect and I am curious to know why...

As mentionned by BobHH, they need to be "a little tight" (I don't like shoes which are too tight...)

Barbara seems to be an expert in wearing mules, so I hope she will have the final suggestion on this issue :)

(Barbara, please read my post # 8 on previous page. Follow this link > http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/14264-mules.html#post212951)

• 4 months later...

I'm with Barbara on this.

I took a look through my heels collection not so long ago and almost 50% of my stiletto heeled shoes are mules, or clog mules.

I think they are THE most feminine of high heels - they compliment my small feet and look sexy. They are perfect for Summer, evenings out and parties.

If they fit correctly they are not too difficult to walk in - there's an art to it - and it involves the use of your toes!

I have mules from 3" up to 6". Granted - over 5" and I'm teetering....but then under those circumstances, I usually have my husband's arm to hold onto!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Hi, There is a knack to wearing backless heels. I find the higher a mule the more the shoe stays on my foot, the lower ones I have to curl my toes a bit to keep them on when I walk, otherwise I run the risk of walking out of them and leaving a shoe behind. I definitely have to walk a little slower in lower mules, than I would in any other high heeled shoes for this reason. But they are so much fun..... Heel-Lover