Driving in 5" Heels

legzG

You're no fun.:)

Seriously, does anyone have any "other" solutions?

lol, wrecking your car and not having full control over your pedals is fun is it?

Seriously, if your footwear is making a hole in the floor with "normal use", whats going to happen if you need to slam on the brakes? Floor might get in the way? Thats fun is it?

Why not just wear lower heels, and not "spikes" instead?

Honestly, this really is childs play stuff, and, no offence, but the fact you need to ask others how to drive without wrecking your footwell in shoes that must obviously be too high/sharp is a touch amazing. I wouldnt want to be the one crossing the road when another car causes you to swerve or stop suddenly.... Have you seen how easily the toes slide up the pedal when you jam on the brakes if wearing shoes without any tread on the bottom?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Roniheels, thank you for your question. I suggest practicing different techniques with the vehicle in stationary position before driving. Alternatively wear a lower more pedal friendly heels. I try to wear the older heels more often as scuff marks appear because of the friction between the carpet and the heels. It took me a few years to get the correct posistion and technique. It would not go as far to say it is taboo, many lady drivers wear heels while driving and I refuse to get paranoid about it. I do it because I love heels, and the feeling while driving in heels. Mr Tech, thank you for your humourous take on the Driving in Heels postings. It does give a different perspective on the situation. Every story has different angles. We just prefer the angle wearing the higher heels. Happy driving all! I will be taking it down to 4" boots today, just to be a bit safer. Cheers! LegzG:smile:

I love driving in heels! My cars have automatics though. It's some of the only time I get to wear them. I wore my 4in ankle boots today, and stopped by the store to buy donuts for work. I wore my shoes in the store. I had to take them off and put them in the trunk prior to picking up my car pool riders. ?By the way, legzG, I loved the shoes!!!

• 2 months later...

I have never had a pair of 5 inch heels, since 4 inches is my limit anyway. But I love driving in heels, just drove last weekend to the Canton Heel Meet in my boots from my avatar. Drove for over 800 miles, round trip. It was quite an adventure that I will never forget.

I wear 6 inch stiletto heel boots as I drive. I have never found a problem the wearing heels while driving. Control over the pedals not a problem at least for me. I have driven in sneakers and moccasin boots and my stiletto heel boots. I have logged over 750 K miles in the cockpit with no problems related to the control of the pedals. If one feels their not coordinated enough to drive in heels by all means don't wear them. I have stepped on floor mounted pedals and pivot pedals with out incident to respect to the soles and heels of my shoes, since most of the control of the pedals I do with my toes and upper soles of my feet. Of course what works for me may not work for others. As for the soles of my boots, the treads are substantial enough to provide ample traction when the boots sole makes contact with the treads on the pedal. Floor mats I use a heavy rubber mat on the floor. Have not so far had a problem there. The heavy mats will cause wear to the heels and that's kinda rough, but acceptable.

Best solution for me has been to use 4" wedge sandals, firmly strapped on. I learned, back in the 60's, from an SCCA sports car builder & driver about "heel & toe" downshifting-while-braking technique in one of the many VW's I went thru. Still have a Supra 5-speed that heel & toeing with the wedges works fine. Took some practice to get the heel on the accelerator pedal without first bumping the heel sidewise into that pedal. Granted, an unnecessary technique but after 40-odd years, I'd have to think about it to do it otherwise. In tight traffic situations, taking time to think about it can kill you. The eyeball needs to move the legs & arms automatically without passing thru the conscious mind. For me the real advantage of wedges is that there is solid material for the whole length of the sole to nullify up any forward/rearward misplacement of the feet on the pedals. I also strongly agree that a treaded sole is a must. A smooth sole tends to slip on hard rubber pedal covers. Check the bottom of any shoe sold specifically for driving. Driving an automatic or paddle-shifter with cruise control seems to reduce the problem by half or better. Full attention to what your'e doing is the key!

You know, Loves all you guys, and I hope that is the return. We are Brothers let keep that in mind. <3

Asa

Why the "less than 3" (<3)? Maybe you mean something else and I'm just a math geek.

Hiya, I question why drive in high heels? I don't - I stopped long ago and I carry flatties for this reason in my bag. I like delicate heels and I have wrecked/ slightly discoloured the heels on my shoes from driving in them so now I never do as a matter of principle. If you have shoes that have suede/ velvet/ rhinstones/ ribbons/ tulle/ guipere lace/ opalised leather etc - or embellishments on the heels they're just going to suffer permanent damage instantly. Heel-Lover

Why the "less than 3" (<3)? Maybe you mean something else and I'm just a math geek.

The Symbol in math less than 3 is correct. However in this instance it is a Subculture Symbol that expresses the sign of a heart <3 displaying feelings of affection or fondness for a person or group of people.

Best Wishes

Asa

Hi to all the new posts driving in high heels. Keep the stories coming. I just bought a pair of black stilettos sandals with extremely thin heels 6". My usual height is 5" but it was not a problem to drive at all. My new Chevvy Cruze has 9555km's on the clock, and many happy km's were done in my favourite heels, black classic patent pumps 5.5" heels. We made a holiday trip down to the coast 3 weeks ago and I even went through roadblocks with the heels on. Luckily no traffic cops asked me to, step out. It would have been quite a STEP OUT!! Cheers LegzG

Hi to all the new posts driving in high heels. Keep the stories coming.

I just bought a pair of black stilettos sandals with extremely thin heels 6". My usual height is 5" but it was not a problem to drive at all. My new Chevvy Cruze has 9555km's on the clock, and many happy km's were done in my favourite heels, black classic patent pumps 5.5" heels.

We made a holiday trip down to the coast 3 weeks ago and I even went through roadblocks with the heels on. Luckily no traffic cops asked me to, step out. It would have been quite a STEP OUT!!

Cheers

LegzG

The Cop may be a ninja heeler too.........lol

• 3 months later...

Hi All For five out of seven days I will always drive in stockings and high heels, minimum of 5.5 inches, shoes, sandals and best of all my aldo boots with a 5 inch heel. Never had a problem driving with them so far. So it will continue.

Rock on legs77777!!!! I am so thrilled to know that many other guys know the thrill of driving in heels. I even take my heels on my business trips. Otherwise I miss out. I just found my little KIA Piccanto rental in Cape Town to be very tricky as the pedels are very small and close together, and it was a manual transmission. Clutch, clutch, clutch....... The strappy sandals seem to work better with crampy spaces. Cheers LegzG

Hi All, I am new to this today so I hope that no one thinks that I am just jumping in to the forum. I have only driven in my 5 and half inch platfrom heels for the first time today! There is something daring about knowing that you have a pair of heels on your feet and you may have to at any time get out of the car! I was thinking that if you were stopped by the police and has to get out of the car and walk along a straight line(Not that I ever drink and drive) that what a thrill that would be! Has this ever happened to anyone? Neill

Hi all, I'm drunk as a skunk. I have drank a bottle of wine and four or five shots! I have had my 5 and a half inch platforms on for seven hours! My feet hurt but I love heels so much that I am going to sleep in them! Iwnet for a two mile walk in my heels and felt such a thrill. My next door neighbour may have seeb me but I don't care! I am going to have to get my heels reheeled after only one week. Metal tips and half an inch higher! I have walked two miles in my heels tonight and feel the better for it! Heels rule! Neill

Howzit Neill, Good to see you know how to have fun. The topic is driving in 5" Heels. I hope you did not drive under the influence. That would be something to explain......LOL:unsure:

Talking about driving in heels, it's a hot topic in the news here in the UK that the European Court has ruled that car insurance for women is discrimination, and that insurance companies can't offer cheaper policies on the basis of gender. So, how about cheap car insurance for drivers in heels? Obviously women have been safely driving in heels all this time so it must be safer, and anyone is free to choose to wear them so it wouldn't be discrimination. :silly:

If you like it, wear it.

update. I have practiced and I am better at it now going 4.5 to 5 inch. I agree you drive a lot slower as I don't have the same feel on the gas. But I have auto transmission. No way could I clutch etc in heels. I think I would need years of practice!

I had the opportunity to drive a friend's car while wearing 2" block heeled boots. The experience brought to light something I had overlooked in this discussion. I often drive my car in 4"-5" stilettos with no problem at all. However in my car the back of the shoe rests on the floormat of the car (which is hard on the back of the boot) and the ball of my foot is on the pedal so the accelerator is controlled by only flexing my ankle. In my friend's car the pedal geometry is completely different. The pedals are higher so I can't operate the accelerator with the back of the shoe on the floormat, rather I have to have the heel of my boot resting on the floormat and that puts the toe of the boot on the pedal. This is not a safe way to drive because the slightest movement of your leg is amplified by the leverage the shoe/boot heel and telegraphed to the pedal. It was a major effort to control my friends car and if I had had a pair of flats with me I would have changed. My conclusion is that if you can rest the feel of your shoe/boot on the floormat and operate the pedals with the ball of your foot, then heel height makes no difference and you can safely drive with heels. However, if you have to rest the end of the heel on the floormat, the higher the heel is the more unsafe the situation become. Members of hhplace are too hard to come by so drive safely even if you have to sacrifice some heeling time.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

I love driving in high heels. I travel for a living and always have numerous heels with me that I can slip on and off as I travel. I love looking down and seeing my new pedicure with my 5 inch heels on.

These are a few that I wear while driving. Hope you like.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Driving%20in%20high%20heels/SAM_0639.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Driving%20in%20high%20heels/platformswhiledriving3Small.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Driving%20in%20high%20heels/IMG00639.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173/bernheels/Driving%20in%20high%20heels/IMG00653.jpg

Bernheels