Driving in 5" Heels

legzG

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few possible misunderstandings here: 1. In Benno's first post, he seemed to me to be disagreeing with, if not mocking, the dire warnings of driving in heels. But he now seems to endorse those warnings. Fair enough, and I apologise to him if I misunderstood his stance. 2. My own previous post might have implied that I thought the warnings were nonsense. I don't - there are clearly potential hazards in driviing in any footwear that limits or precludes adequate control. But, aside from the bias in the claims manager's piece, one must recognise that driving in heels etc is commonplace and that this is only one possible factor in causing a motor accident through lack of care or control. 3. I can see that an excessively thick sole can limit sensitivity of control - and so can driving barefoot or in very thin soles. Yes, the article surely meant '7mm' maximum and one can see sense in that. 4. Given that few vehicles (and certainly very few cars) nowadays have 'organ pedals', the area of contact with the foot is in fact very limited. Wearing a high heel makes very little difference to effective pedal contact - the danger is more that the heel will jam against the floor or pedal or that arching of the driver's feet will limit mobility and pressure. (Those who drive trucks etc in work boots will know the difference in driving position, feeling and technique in comparison with a car.)

Maybe I am not "allowed" to answer because I don't have any heels yet which are higher than 4''..... I love driving in heels so I do it often. I like the feeling on the pedals. Driving in 4'' stilettos or block heels has never caused any problems. I guess it was because I started with 2", and build it up step by step. So I can't imagine that 5" will cause troubles either.

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

• 4 months later...

Must admit if I have to drive a long way, say two hundred miles or so, I always take my shoes off and just drive in my socks, never had any problems and it makes driving so much less tireing, could not drive long distances wearing heels. The throttle is harder to push down in heels, your feet feel as if they are at the wrong angle. Never had to do an emergency stop, so can't commet on that. (apart from my driving test).

life is not a rehearsal

I have often driven with 4" stiletto heels, and a few times in 5,5" wedge heels, and I say that for me there's no great difference in risk from normal flat shoes. Just the feelin is better

I've come to the conclusion that it isn't the heels you wear, but the kind of car you drive and your ability to adapt to your existing conditions. Driving an old VW Beetle with a standard transmission isn't the same as operating a Dodge Ram Pickup with an automatic transmission. The same is respectively true for all the other vehicles driven. Some can be driven comfortably in heels, while others become a complete annoyance or an accident waiting to happen should a heeler insist on keep their high heeled footwear on. You know your situation, so heel accordingly. Happy Trails!

“Driving an old VW Beetle with a standard transmission isn't the same as operating a Dodge Ram Pickup with an automatic transmission.”

I hadn’t thought about the old VW pedal system in a long time (I had a 1957 VW). Driving one of those with heels would be a disaster. The VW had a pedal the hinged to the bottom rather than the top hinge of all contemporary cars. A heel would certainly get in the way in an old VW.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I love driving around in my 4&5 inch heels. pic 1 are my 4 inch ankle boots pic2 are my 5 inch thigh high boots pic 3 5 inch knee high boots. all are easy to drive in

post-17210-133522917804_thumb.jpg

post-17210-133522917823_thumb.jpg

post-17210-133522917839_thumb.jpg

noticed it's an auto-box, less room in a manual shift. 80% uk drivers use manual boxes, many in high heels or (worse) flip-flops. That said, so do I, covering some 10,000miles in heels each year and without problem. Only you know if you can drive safely in heels, but I would urge anyone trying extreme, or first timers, to practice somewhere quiet and remote to make sure they have complete control and instinctivly opperate the pedals.

totter along into history

I love driving around in my 4&5 inch heels. pic 1 are my 4 inch ankle boots pic2 are my 5 inch thigh high boots pic 3 5 inch knee high boots. all are easy to drive in

Those are some nice pictures of your stiletto heeled boots. I too love to drive in stiletto high heels. Only problem, and I just discovered this, my stiletto heel drove a hole into my floor mat on the driver's side and I'm going to have to replace it.

Hi all the Extreme Drivers, I left the thread to see what it will evolve into. It is almost one year since I wrote about my first experiences while driving in heels. To all of the loyal supporters of "Driving in Heels" - Thank you for submitting your pictures and stories. Once again be safe and in control when you do your extreme driving. Practice makes perfect. I have just bought a brand new Chev Cruze. I still enjoy driving in my heels, and it just keeps on getting better. I'll post some new pic's soon. Bring the sexy back, have fun!!:wave:

• 3 weeks later...

same problem whith creating an hole under Throttle pedal. Then I wouldn't like needing rushing out of my car wearing black lack tall crotch thigh boots and trying to solve a light traffic accident with another driver discovering that. So I often wear pants over my boots when driving...

I just go a pair of strappy needle heel platforms. They are far too thin and delicate to drive in. I had to try them out. It was a different experience. For the first time the clutch was a bit of a challenge. It was still good as always. :wave:

Like I promised, some pics of my new heels taken from a test drive. Both pairs are tricky to manage, but I am used to getting around pedals by now. The 6.5" needle heels platforms and the elastic 7" heels are equally thrilling to wear for driving. I hope you kike them:wave:

post-13039-133522921559_thumb.jpg

post-13039-133522921586_thumb.jpg

post-13039-133522921603_thumb.jpg

i love driving in my high heels whenever i get chance, i love driving all together, it's another one of my passions along with high heels. As it is a passion of mine, of course i drive a manual, and do find it abit tricky to press the clutch in to change gear wearing my heels because not only is my foot already arched from the 5inch heel, i have to push it down and arch my foot as far as it will go to disengage the clutch for the gear change. It feels good to drive wearing heels though, makes the experiance even more exciting! :)

Legzg, Nice shots of your "heels on wheels". We have similiar sandal style tastes as I bought a pair just like the third one last year from the Bakers chain here in the USA. They were called "KAMBODIA" and featured elastic straps and a 5.8" heel. There is, in 2010, he exact same style called "KAMIE" and it comes in black and neutral taupe. That third one rocks. I can totally see myself stepping out the car in those to go eat or take a stroll down the boardwalk----the sand may be a problem though!! But, I would definitely paint my toes first but that's me. Just how is heeling for you in SOuth Africa or do you only wear yours in private?? We all got a nice dose of SOuth Africa during the World Cup but still can only wonder what it is REALLY like there. Thanks again for the photos. HappyinHeels:smile:

I have done the odd evening out in black boots. Heeling in SA is still a bit of a new thing. South Africa is a wonderful place, we are happy we could share some of the magic with the rest of the world. Post some of your pictures, lets warm the driving in heels club up to super hot!!

After one rush hour with a manual, I've decided my old sneakers are getting perma duty in the car. Count me in for a no thanks, I can drive that way, but I don't want to replace the slip plate on my transmission in 10000 miles.

Help! I need some advice. I was driving around town today while wearing stiletto high hees when I looked down and saw that my heel had worn a hole completely through the floor mat and a hole was starting to wear into the carpet. I replaced the floor mat but I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen again.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Help! I need some advice. I was driving around town today while wearing stiletto high hees when I looked down and saw that my heel had worn a hole completely through the floor mat and a hole was starting to wear into the carpet. I replaced the floor mat but I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen again.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

lol, drive in flat comfortable shoes, its safer too.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!