Driving in 5" Heels

legzG

I do the same Bernheels. Even when I fly out of town at leat 2 pairs of my bestgo with me. I usually stay in guesthouses. They tend to be more quiet, and if you want to wear them around the house, nobody minds. (not that I care). The black leather boots work very well.

Drove in my Black Glitter (Jante) heels today. Black lycra Pantyhose round the picture off very nicely. The feel wonderful.

LegzG (from a very cold Johannesburg)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Legzg:-) I see that you are enjoying your wife's new car while wearing heels. We just got a new car 2 weeks ago ourselves. We traded our 2003 Mercury Marauder for a 2009 Chevrolet Impala Supersport. Mickey hasn't driven it yet as she wants me to know what all of those fancy pictures on the dash are for so that I can show her how to drive it. I haven't tried to drive it in heels yet either as I want to be perfectly comfortable with the controls before I do. So driving it in heels will have to wait a while. It is a very fast car with a V-8 engine like the last one was. I like a fast great handling and comfortable car. This is my first front wheel drive. The manual for it is three quarters of an inch thick so you can see why I must be perfectly at ease with all operations before I attempt to drive it wearing heels, which I will do at a later date. I'm still studying and practiceing for now. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

I have learned a couple of important things about driving with high heels. #1 - When driving without high heels, I apply pressure to the accelerator pedal by keeping my heel in contact with the floor, then bending my ankle so that the ball of my foot applies pressure on the pedal. As for the brake pedal, my foot is above the floor centered on the brake pedal as I push down with my leg. With 6 inch heels and no platform, I have a hard time accelerating since my foot is already extended as far as it can go because of the arch of the shoe. And when applying the brakes, I have to be careful I don't center the high arch over the brake pedal. #2 - With platforms, switching from the accelerator to the brake pedal quickly can be delayed if you don't take into account the thickness of the platform. Otherwise the platform will hit the side of the brake pedal as you try to switch to the brake pedal, thereby creating a delay.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

well drove Friday night in 4" clogs, with 1/2'' platform for the 1st time, and need to admit, not easy, however at the end of the 26km trip, was doing ok, and even got out and opened the gate, actually 1st time out the house in heels!! still plan on trying the 5'' heels soon, will post on that as soon as it happens!! :)

well that soon happened last night!! we needed to go somewhere last night, and so though, tonight is the night!! well, was expecting it to be more difficult then what it was with the 4'' clogs, and well to my surprise, it was actually easier, go figure!! any case enjoyed it!! as time goes on, will be doing more of driving with 5'' stiletto heels!! thanx to all the inspiration on here!!:)

well that soon happened last night!!

we needed to go somewhere last night, and so though, tonight is the night!!

well, was expecting it to be more difficult then what it was with the 4'' clogs, and well to my surprise, it was actually easier, go figure!!

any case enjoyed it!!

as time goes on, will be doing more of driving with 5'' stiletto heels!!

thanx to all the inspiration on here!!:)

you add pics of you that drive in 5" stiletto heels :)

• 2 weeks later...

I drove a little Toyota Yaris in Durban last week. The pedals are so close together. It was a challenge to get the heels to co-operate with what I wanted to do. It was still a great thrill. I had on a pair of 6.5 stilleto sandals with a metalic heel. On Sunday I drove back form the airport in my own car. I picked the heels in my avatar. They always do the trick so nicely. :)

I've been driving for the past couple of weeks in 5" stiletto boots, and it's actually pretty easy once I get in the car. Of course, me being 6'4" and wearing 5" spikes, you can imagine getting in and out of a subcompact Subaru can be a little bit of a trick, but it can be done, and I have gotten it down to an art form.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I attached some of the pictures from my favourite heels for "extreme driving". These pic's are all action pic's. I took them while I was driving. Happy Driving!!!:) (my pictures are too large) I will edit and resubmit.

I have enjoyed driving while wearing heels for along time, once in a while changing into heels while driving,:), NOT the smartest thing to do (my wife makes me pull over to change). Most of my time in heels behind the wheel are 5" stilleto heeled knee-boots, but the other day I tried with my 6" heeled knee-boots. No ankle movment, long heels, and a clutch made for a very interesting and enjoyable trip.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

wand even got out and opened the gate, actually 1st time out the house in heels!!

still plan on trying the 5'' heels soon, will post on that as soon as it happens!!

:)

:) Congrats FX - look forward to reading about your post about 5" outing

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

I finally have some pictures that are the right size, to post on the site. I just did a trip into Swaziland (850km round trip). I wore my 5" patent black stilettos. I also took the platforms along for the hell of it. I am so used to driving in heels now that all the technical issues of turning your foot and bending the knee etc. comes naturally now. Please share some of your pictures if you can! Happy driving:wave:

post-13039-133522891526_thumb.jpg

post-13039-133522891776_thumb.jpg

post-13039-13352289178_thumb.jpg

post-13039-133522891783_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I too drive a stick shift five speed overdrive and I agree that driving in high heels is a rush. I wear 4" and 5" stiletto high heels when I drive and have never had a problem.

The other day I finally tried it with a pair of 4.5" Sketchers I've got. Only problem was getting in and out of the 4-Runner with them - had to push the seat all the way back and kept banging the heels on the running board. No problem with the clutch after the third of fourth push. Had to resort to sideways on the accelerator, not enough flex in the boots to keep leg straight.

Going to get lots more practice in the future though.

Hi Sparky088, I'd practice with different heel types, getting in and out of the car, to not look funny when you decide to get out. The pedals are a different issue all together. Try driving in quiet conditions first. You do not want to screw up and be pulled over by the cops. The answers to those questions will not come too easy. LOL Good luck, post some pics (everybody) Extreme driving is the most fun I have ever had in heels. Cheers LegzG:clap:

• 4 months later...

Don't drive in heels. It's a stupid, stupid, stupid thing to do.

http://www.youclaim.co.uk/car/shoes-and-road-accident-compensation.htm

What kind of shoe will not jeopardise a driver's road accident compensation claim?

Firstly, no shoe suitable for driving should have a sole of any more than seven centimetres thick. Shoes should also have sufficient grip to safely control the pedals

From that article. My emphasis:silly:

Although there is clearly some truth in any warning about driving in unsuitable footwear, you can take most of that article with a pinch of salt. It doesn't reflect either the realities of life or the state of the art in driving ability. And, don't forget, those who are ambulance chasers have a vested interest in maximising all damages awards and anything that might possibly suggest any reduction is to be actively discouraged. As to the 7cm sole reference - I had to laugh when I read it. It does nothing for the adveriser's credibility.

Surely it's a misprint and means a sole of 7mm. Doing a little research I have found another website that's not written by 'ambulance chasers' that says ideal driving shoes should have no more than 10mm thick soles. Either way if you get out of control and need to use the pedals in an emergency then having a tiny area of your footprint to use is not a good idea. I guess we will have to wait until one of us has a serious accident for this stupid bragging to stop. Why not drive blindfolded too. I bet it's a real rush!