Wonders Never Cease

partyshoes

Well .. it finally happened and I have to share it with you! My wife managed to blow my mind yesterday! Never ever thought this would happen so you couldve knocked me over with a feather when it did. She was getting ready for a girls night out and was going through the usual 'what shall I wear - I've got nothing to wear' routine in front of a cupboard full of clothes. Anyway, she finally decided on an outfit and chose a pair of black LK Bennet suede pumps to go with it. She then decided she didnt like that and wanted to change at which point, I laughed and went back to my office. As I walked out, she said, please do me a favour - I said sure, what? "Will you please try and stretch my shoes a bit for me, I've only worn them once and they really hurt" Not sure that I heard correctly, I asked her to repeat it and then asked how she thought I should do it. "I know they're too small but see if you can squeeze your feet in and walk in them for a few minutes" ;) I asked if she was sure and she said "sure .. why not!" Needless to say I didnt need any further encouragement and squeezed them on .. thank God our feet are only 2 sizes apart! Spent the next ten minutes strolling around upstairs in her heels ;) .. they were tight but comfortable! When she came back into the room, she even smiled and said they looked cute. Cant see it becoming a regular thing but view this as a very small step towards some sort of acceptance! Sort of hoping that she buys another pair that dont loosen up as she hopes soon.

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

Certainly something to capitalise on - but how is the question. Perhaps other members may give their thoughts and then you can decide on where to go. Don't leave this too long though, strike whilst the iron is hot.

For instance, you could say that it was fun wearing high heels the other day and you would like to do it again, but as her shoes are just too small and you wouldn't want to ruin them for her, how about I have my own pair 1) for round the house 2) to restore the hight difference etc etc....

Show her the Archie Eyebrows website and see how she reacts to the cuban heels there, especially as they are mens shoes, she may suggest you have a pair.

Barratts/Priceless do upto UK10 hint hint.

Simon.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

What a great opportunity - don't let this one slip by! It's the perfect time for a chance to tell her you really loved how her shoes felt, and that you've always had this passion for heels. Tell her you want to get a pair of your own, or better yet, get a pair and THEN tell her that you already went out and bought a pair of your own, just to wear around the house. Push the envelope but watch her body language carefully. Make sure you don't unleash any insecurity, or if you sense that, back off. Make sure it's fun for her as well as you, and that your partnership is intact. Don't dwell on the shoes as much as what they can do for your relationship. Go for it, dude! GWL

partyshoes, Thanks for sharing! Have you given her any hints or information about your wanting to wear high heels? If not, where do you think she got the idea of you putting on her heels would help with the sizing? This incident could be an entry topic concerning how you felt while you were wearing her heels and that you are willing to do it again, or depending on your conversation, you could tell her how much you would like a pair of heels of your own to wear.

This certainly could be an opening to explore your attitude toward high heels. Obviously, if her reqeust was exactly what she acted it was -- an innocent reqeuest to stretch her shoes for comfort reasons, she must have had the subject on her mind, otherwise I don't believe she would have asked you to "break-in" her shoes. She must have some inkling that you have a "thing" for heels. For instanace, I made sure that my wife knew about my wearing woman's shoes before I asked her to become my wife. I didn't want her to enter into a "life altering" situation without knowing everything about me. I gave her the opportunity to evaluate my personality and suitability to be her mate based on 100% of all of the information about me. There were no secrets. When she decided to accept my proposal, she and I discussed some "ground rules" about when and where I would wear my high heels. And, I strictly followed our agreement until one afternoon, 10 years and three children later, I walked into our bedroom and found my wife sitting on our bed trying on a pair of my high heels. At first she was a little embarrassed at being caught unaware. I teased her lightly about her liking my shoes better than hers and then we sat on the bed and talked through the entire issue. Her analysis of the past 10 years was based on the fact that I was every bit the husband and father that she hoped that I would be and the fact that I liked to wear high heels didn't alter my manliness or interfere with our relationship. The result of this "chance" event is that she became totally supportive of me and my high heels. We've been married for 35 years now and since this incident she's bought more pairs of womans shoes for me than I can even remember, let alone wear -- and I returned more than half of them because I didn't like them. Her taste and mine just aren't the same. My point is that perhaps your wife is in the initial stage of re-evaluating her feelings towards her "man" wearing woman's shoes and, after spending as much time married to you as you two have, she is beginning to see that the only difference between you and some other man is that you are really a great guy that likes to wear heels and wearing heels doesn't alter or interfere with that fact one bit. I might be entirely off base. But, although you mightn't have mentioned your deisre to wear high heels before you were married, she has "picked up" on the fact one way or another. Closeness breeds familiarity. Familiarity in recognizing your subtle ways. And, familiarity picks up on these subtlly telegraphed signals that she has finally decoded and learned of your desire without you ever mentioning it. Perhaps it's time to "sit on the bed" and talk it through. Who knows, she might know a lot more about you than you think she does. After all, it's built into a woman's genes........They know everything about their mate and their nest. Trust me, it's true.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba, that's about the most salient post I've ever seen on the subject of heeling and significant others/girlfriends/spouses.

Ever.

Awesome! It should be required reading for every man who's worn any heel higher than 1/2". Perhaps for any man who does anything beyond what Wally Cleaver would have done.

I salute you, Sir!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

In his very first post on this forum partyheels already mentioned that he had told his wife, and that she wasn't exactly thrilled about it. Perhaps she is changing her mind about it? Good luck! ;)

This is a great thread and it will be interesting to see just where it ends up going. Mickey and I have had me wearing her shoes to stretch them for her on many occations thoughout our married years, but then again, she already knew that I had my own collection and loved wearing heels anyway. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

That certainly was an interesting way to have the door opened. You don't say how often you wear ladies' shoes in your post, but she is giving you a great opportunity. Run with it!!!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

What an excellent story! It does seem to me that your wife is changing her opinion of you wearing heels. In my opinion she wouldn't have asked you to do it, nor would have said 'you look cute' unless she is moving toward acceptance. It would be worth taking advantage of the situation and seeing is she might be opening up. Good luck!

Style is built from the ground up!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the support. Although she has made a couple (2 to be precise) of references to me in heels,things havent exactly moved on at top speed and I dont want to push for fear of scaring her off. If she is moving towards acceptance Im hoping that it will come naturally. That said, I can see that we will have to sit down and finish our initial discussion on the topic. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

I occasionally get comments

"when are you going to wear them all? or

how many now and you have how many "normals"

which is trying to kerb excessive spending but on the other hand it's

"wow those are nice, lets try, so where's mine?"

Chris has very high top arch so many boot styles in her size (5) just does not fit - she's just pinched my last ebay purchase cos she can get them on.

Matching pairs can be fun.

Stay patient

Al