Had a bad day at work

Hi folks, Just returned from work after a shift in which nothing was achieved due to various reasons. Then had to explain this one of the senior bosses as I was on my way to the car after finishing work. Stopped on the way home to pick up a meal only to find I have left my wallet at work. And to cap it all I was stopped by the german police just within sight of my apartment. My breathalyser reading was 0.00. Ok now that I have had a good rant and stamping of feet, does anyone have a bottle opener? as mine has done a runner. Ah well, slip into a pair of heels and relax HHJim:-?

HHJim, At least you made it home in one piece and can now relax! We've been under alot of pressure here at my work the last 2 weeks. We have many schedule deadlines which management has been pressuring us to meet, as our contract with the customer is due for renewal in a couple months. There is no relaxing as there are multiple problems and issues to address during the 10-12 hour days we've been putting in. A few years back I was working for a major German chemical manufacturer in the US. We were working on a large project with a compressed schedule: Any problem was a major problem due to no time available to properly address it. Our German project manager was a pretty cool guy and was very encouraging to the team. One day we had a major setback and I said, "Well, we don't have to worry about how this happened and we certainly don't have time to crucify someone now, we just need to address it." The PM got an evil grin on his face and said "You are wrong. There is always time to crucify someone!" Well, I'm sitting here sipping some wine and wearing some 4" pumps. Have a great day tomorrow and let us know how it goes. ;)

Well at least you weren't working on a 120 F roof top with an acetylene torch only to have to climb into a 200 F attic. Because that's what I did yesterday and I'll be back on that same roof today.

T&H

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Least your boss dont only ask for yes and no answers and when you try to explain thing hes says " Ahhh (my name ) dont you ever !"*$%! LEARN! and throws his keys on the desk but missis an they land in the rubbish bin.... All i was trying to say was he better watch when he opens his car because i loaded it pretty high ;) . And this is the way this guy is all the time what the hells up with him. He has loads of money but has the people skills of.............. i cant think of some1 as bad right now. And now they want me to spend half my time with office work i'm working even closer to this madman ;)

Well Hiline, if jobs are as difficult to find there in the UK as they are around here, I guess you'd better find a way to "overlook" his moodiness and "get along" until you can find alternative employment.....if you like to eat, that is.....;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I had not necessarily a BAD day at work, but it had it's pretty hasty "bar rush". I work in a call centre for internet/phone/video, and I'm in one of the most demanding spots on the floor - late night advanced support, so I get to deal with floor agents, field technicians, commercial customers, priority calls, online chat, AND e-mail - and last night after about 7, I was by myself for the last 5 hours. How I managed to juggle it all and get my work done, I think I will never know. I was running on autopilot and adrenaline. I just pray it's not as busy tonight, but yet, I know another "bar rush" will hit once again. Ah the joys of well-paid employment. I earned my paycheck, that's for sure.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Very very true bubba,vector How will aford another pair of MJ's if i lose my job! ;) . The mad man was on my case again today. Other people have started to notice now how he talkes to me. This guy sooooo drives me crazy. I just cant work him out its at the stage now where i know what ever i say to him is going to be wrong and met with a harsh/sharp answer.... Grrrrr dont wanna think about him any more tonight. I wanna relax not get all eaten up over that ass hole.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well we got the meeting today the one where they tell you "Things are going down the pan " well words along those lines. I dont belive i will be one of the first to go but contact (higher up than me ) told me it looks like they have left it to late to bail out now. I saw today that we are losing just over £12,000 a month. Thing is i hate my job i have done for the last 2years . I so want to use this for the better i just dont know what to do at the moment. I want to retrain but am unsure what to go into. I dont think i'm to old at 27 to change my path i just wish i knew what the hell i wanted to do with my life :). Moan over.........

Very very true bubba,vector

How will aford another pair of MJ's if i lose my job! :) . The mad man was on my case again today. Other people have started to notice now how he talkes to me. This guy sooooo drives me crazy. I just cant work him out its at the stage now where i know what ever i say to him is going to be wrong and met with a harsh/sharp answer.... Grrrrr dont wanna think about him any more tonight. I wanna relax not get all eaten up over that ass hole.

While I really don't know the circumstances, if this kind of treatment from him towards you continues, I would begin to think that he was purposely trying to make your life so miserable that you would seek other employment. Perhaps he knows something about you that you aren't aware that he knows and is trying to edge you out without giving you a reason to file a complaint against him. But then, what do I know. I am self employed and my own boss. And, at times even I don't like my boss. :)

Two things come to mind. One, If I were you I would try to "covertly" find out what it is about you or your work that is bothering him.....And, two, once again, covertly, try to find out something about him that you could use as a "trade off" to get him to stop making your life miserable. I won't tell "this" about you if you quit hassling me -- otherwise I will make sure that your boss finds out what I know about you.....so we both can be equally as miserable together.

At any rate, I hope things work out and you don't have to try to find other employment -- not an easy task these days. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Hiline, Sorry to hear about your problems at work, my advice would be to grin and bear it at work whilst job hunting in a big way. As for a career path to choose I would not be able to hazard a guess, but wish you well for the future. I am self employed and contract out to agencies. last thursday the uk agency I work for rang me to tell me that my contract had finished, due to lack of work, and where would I like a flight back to on the saturday. An hour later I was rung back and informed that it was all a big mistake. Still I am use to this in my work. Had to do some comfort shopping at the weekend. lol HHjim

.....Had to do some comfort shopping at the weekend. HHjim

Comfort shopping will do it every time. :)

• 1 month later...