Am I missing something......

Granted it's dominating the news all across the world, but nothing here about the loss of one of, if not the single greatest entertainer of all time!!! Michael Jackson!!! May he rest is peace and his family find peace as they deal with the loss of a loved one!

Granted it's dominating the news all across the world, but nothing here about the loss of one of, if not the single greatest entertainer of all time!!!

Michael Jackson!!!

May he rest is peace and his family find peace as they deal with the loss of a loved one!

I never really was a big fan of his. While I would assume that each of us will mourn his loss in our own way, his "passing" is just another event that I noticed while engaged in (to me) more worthwhile activity. I haven't lost a wink of sleep since his death was first reported.

It's really sad to hear that another "notable entertainer" slipped away in a fashion that is, it seems to me, becoming the "exit of choice" for the over the hill, financially depleated, physically incapacitated and mentally impaired used-to-be famous personages (Live fast, die young and leave a beautiful memory?)

No doubt about it, while he was a huge success as an entertainer, he was just as big a failure as a person. A captive of excesses while completely removed from reality. And, all the while encouraged and supported by members of his "text book dysfunctional family" that sucked his bank accounts dry.

Undoubtedly, he will be missed (by some). I'm sure that wherever he is, he's more comfortable without all of his earthly desires, addictions and habits.

My he rest in peace (at last).

(but, for all of those wondering, the main event is about to kick off. If you think the fight over Howard Hughes' earthly possessions was a bad show, just wait. The fight over MJ's will and custody of his children, is going to be monumental.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba, don't be so hesitant. Tell us how you really feel about Michael... To me the loss is more personal. While I didn't know them personally I used to play basketball on their block. I knew about their talents before they were "discovered" by Motown. The way he has been exploited and slandered is tragic. He was no more eccentric than you or I and until his death he remained very child-like having never had the opportunity to have a normal childhood. You will find as time goes on that all the sensational prognostications are false and that he and his family have their business in order. He will rest in peace no matter your opinion or anyone else's for that matter. Peace. And enjoy your heeling.

My friend's grandmother died around about the same time... It's what we all do eventually, what's the big deal?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Lets face it life is fatal at the end as to MJ I'm not sure if he wasn't guilty ................ but did bring a lot of people music for their enjoyment. Al

Bubba, don't be so hesitant. Tell us how you really feel about Michael...

To me the loss is more personal. While I didn't know them personally I used to play basketball on their block. I knew about their talents before they were "discovered" by Motown.

The way he has been exploited and slandered is tragic. He was no more eccentric than you or I and until his death he remained very child-like having never had the opportunity to have a normal childhood.

You will find as time goes on that all the sensational prognostications are false and that he and his family have their business in order.

He will rest in peace no matter your opinion or anyone else's for that matter.

Peace. And enjoy your heeling.

There are 1 million and one "Geteeer" pickers in Nashville (as the words of the song go). And, at least 30 times that number claiming a "close personal" relationship with Michael Jackson -- as can be attested to by the number of people the media have interviewed in order to get the "straight story."

I'm sorry you lost a great neighborhood role model that used to live near where you played baskedball. What have I said that isn't true? It's not that I think badly of him. I don't ever think about him much outside of the fact that he "was" an entertainment notable.

Look. It's like I said: each one of us is going to mourn his passing in their own way. My mourning him consists of noting that he died and wishing him well in where ever he winds up as well as wishing all the best to his family, children and those who loved him the most.

But, if you expect me to apologize for not bending over, facing the east and mooning "Never-Never Land" in homage to him, forget it.

Isn't is enough to for me to just say that I'm sad that he passed and that the world lost a very talented entertainer to which I never voluntairly listened to?

And, Dr. Shoe, I'm sincerely sorry about your loss of your Grandmother. If she was as big of an influence you as my matrenal Grandmother was on me, you surely will miss her as much as I miss mine. You have my deep- est condolences.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

There are 1 million and one "Geteeer" pickers in Nashville (as the words of the song go). And, at least 30 times that number claiming a "close personal" relationship with Michael Jackson -- as can be attested to by the number of people the media have interviewed in order to get the "straight story."

I'm sorry you lost a great neighborhood role model that used to live near where you played baskedball. What have I said that isn't true? It's not that I think badly of him. I don't ever think about him much outside of the fact that he "was" an entertainment notable.

Look. It's like I said: each one of us is going to mourn his passing in their own way. My mourning him consists of noting that he died and wishing him well in where ever he winds up as well as wishing all the best to his family, children and those who loved him the most.

But, if you expect me to apologize for not bending over, facing the east and mooning "Never-Never Land" in homage to him, forget it.

Isn't is enough to for me to just say that I'm sad that he passed and that the world lost a very talented entertainer to which I never voluntairly listened to?

And, Dr. Shoe, I'm sincerely sorry about your loss of your Grandmother. If she was as big of an influence you as my matrenal Grandmother was on me, you surely will miss her as much as I miss mine. You have my deep- est condolences.

Why do you feel the need to attack me? Why are you giving me "role model" bullsh*t?

I am not a "worshipper" of Michael, Elvis or any other human than Jesus Christ. Yes, we've all experienced the loss of loved ones in our lives and that is my point. I am just as tired of the "news" overkill with all the misinformation and speculation as anyone else. I'd feel the same way if they were raking your loved one through the coals.

I have no expectations of you nor did I voice any so why the hostility, dude?

I'm here to talk about shoes so why don't we just drop this before you bust a gasket?

I'm not attacking you in anyway, shape or manner. You're reading far more into this exchange than is there. Now, that being said, this is all that I have to say on the matter. Get a grip!

Why do you feel the need to attack me? Why are you giving me "role model" bullsh*t?

I am not a "worshipper" of Michael, Elvis or any other human than Jesus Christ. Yes, we've all experienced the loss of loved ones in our lives and that is my point. I am just as tired of the "news" overkill with all the misinformation and speculation as anyone else. I'd feel the same way if they were raking your loved one through the coals.

I have no expectations of you nor did I voice any so why the hostility, dude?

I'm here to talk about shoes so why don't we just drop this before you bust a gasket?

Shrimper

Please, leave the "attitude" at the door when you come here, you havent been "attacked" or given any BS, nor have you received any hostility. Seriously, you must be reading a different website because Bubba hasnt said anything even close to that at all ;)

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

listened to?

No, not my grandmother, it was my friend's grandmother who died. Mine celebrated her 90th birthday yesterday and is still going strong!

Thanks for the regards anyway!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

No, not my grandmother, it was my friend's grandmother who died. Mine celebrated her 90th birthday yesterday and is still going strong!

Thanks for the regards anyway!

Oh, sorry for the mistake. In any event, please pass along my condolences to your "friend," file my message to you about your grandmother for use at some point over the next 35 or 40 years, and wish her a "belated" happy birthday for me, Congratulations on the 90th Dr. Shoe's Grandma!;)

I remember when Elvis died and I wonder what his funeral, etc. would have been like in a 24 hour news cycle with 200 channels covering it? Like him or hate him, it is always interesting when pop culture icons pass on.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 1 month later...

While the loss of just about any human (except for Adolph Hitler and similar people like that) is tragic, I never could understand the severe levels of hero worhsip some people achieve. Yes Michael Jackson had mass appeal talent and he will be missed. As for his personal life, as long as he was law abiding, it does not interest me. Rest in peace Michael Jackson. Now let us move on.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 6 months later...

WOW PJ how did you get so many posts? This one might be enuf to get in gallery. tineetommie

PJ didn't "get" so many posts. He wrote 'em! He wrote 'em all, every one! He has also been here a while, patience pays.

Now this thread concerns public reactions to the passing of pop icons. Let us return to that topic, please do not take threads off-topic.

Have a happy time!

Oh JMC you're too kind. I would have deleted his post and let him fight a little harder to get his post count up... :devil:

PJ didn't "get" so many posts. He wrote 'em! He wrote 'em all, every one! He has also been here a while, patience pays.

Now this thread concerns public reactions to the passing of pop icons. Let us return to that topic, please do not take threads off-topic.

Posting just for the heck of trying to get to other parts of the website in a hurry will also be wiped out, its pointless, offers zero interest to anybody, and actually still wont get you into the gallery at all if a gallery owner has not set their gallery to be publicly viewable by other members.

If this is apparently the only reason you joined, then maybe he is better off just browsing google images or Flikr?

(I'm still dancin')

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

on the topic of public icons and their passing, Michael died on my best friends birthday. I feel for her because she didn't like him and now every year on her b-day she'll be reminded of that. Also, I think that the fact that it dominates the globe is just making it harder on his children. If it were Tights&Heels (My dad) I wouldn't want people to cover it on the news for weeks on end. It would just hurt.