Do Guys like Guys in heels?

Amanda

I would have to say "yes" . How could I dislike any man for doing the same thing I myself do ??? Futhermore he may know of a better shoe store that I have never been to.

I have been Banned for emailing abuse to tech when he tried to help me.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether I like or don't like someone, man or woman, doesn't depend on shoes or clothes. What interests me is the mind. I have seen some men in heels in Amsterdam that I would certainly not like when you looked at the rest. So blatantly exhibitionistic as they were is completely against my nature. If it is all done in a style that I can find myself in, the person may or may not be interesting. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

With regard to the question "Do I like a guy in heels?", my answer is: I appreciate a well dressed person, no matter their gender. It takes thought as well as confidence to consistently dress to impress in a society where blending in is the norm. A guy who chooses to wear heels in public would therefore be in the same boat as a woman who wears them. They would have to coordinate them into a total style look. If the result is flattering to their build and they are able to properly walk in them, then I think a guy would look just as good as a woman in heels. Do "guys in general like guys in heels?" As of today the answer is definitely no. It's a negative concept consistently fed to them by a society which has very few ideas regarding the proper look and behaviour of a male. Any attempt to break the norm is either ridiculed, considered avant-garde or branded as a sign of sexual weakness. The most tolerant average guy would see it simply as "weird" or have a "whatever floats his boat" attitude.

Absolutely, YES! I would hope that any of us who understands the courage it takes to wear heels in public would cheer on any guy we might happen to see wearing heels. If I had the time, I'd probably offer to go grad a quick beer with him too!

I would have to say that seeing a guy in heels is an ego boost for me. It tells me that I am not alone, or at least not the only one out there who loves to wear heels. I do agree with most that the look must fit. I have on a couple of occassions seen guys wearing heels. I did not approach them as they were going about their business just as if they were wearing flats. That is what I try to do when heeling. I think that if men wear heels as part of the outfit and go about their day and not make the heels the sole attraction then it becomes a non issue to most people. Thanks Amanda for such a thought provoking thread.

This same type of question must have been asked before women were socially accepted to wear pants. The staunch dress wearers would reply in the negative, while the women who saw the need gave their Oaky Dokey. The reality of this situation was that trousers were more versatile than dresses for the activities women have to do most of the time. Now the question Amanda has proposed will reflect the social attitudes of those surveyed. Since male heelers publicly amount to little more than a hand full when compared to the world's population, most replies would be placed as negative, if they followed the norm. Some wouldn't care, but their would be a few who would have the affirmative reply. Obviously, I don't fit with the norm so my options are wide open. Do I care? Being a person who wants people to be considered for their individualism, sure I care. Does this mean I would like guys in heels? This has to be qualified like so many others have expressed. If the outfit isn't giving the right vibes to me, then I probably won't totally like the look, but the guy would still get the respect from me, he deserves for his choosing. I hope he would reciprocate the same respect for me, even though our personalities may be like oil and water.

• 1 year later...

I love this question! It's definitely going to make me pay attention when I'm out and about. For me, it would depend on the rest of the outfit...and it would probably be more of a "you have a bold sense of style" type of like than a "I want to jump your bones" type of like. I'm just saying.

For myself, the question is worded wrong I guess. If I saw a guy in jeans and a pair of pumps or sandals out with his wife, That would be impressive. A fellow guy out and about by himself, I'd probably give him a positive acknowledgment even if his taste was questionable in my viewpoint. If the fellow was gay, and I was also in heels, I would hope that he didn't make an assumption as to my preferences based on what I had on my feet. Unfortunately, thats an area I see as a problem for us hetero men when we are seen by other men. It's assumed by most men I know that anything that looks gay in their eyes implies the dude is gay. It's an image thing that will be hard to crack for some time to come. Living and working around some seriously homophobic militant right wing people is one reason I'm not likely to ever heel in public locally with anything blatantly obvious. The costs financially and socially would be too high.

Hi all, Heelster has said it well. The common thing I get is an assumption that I am gay because I'm wearing stilettos. I meet a lot of people and openly talk to a lot of people about my choice of attire and quite often people realise and understand I'm not gay - which I think is quite cool because it broadens the publics perspective of high heels However I do find it uncomfortable if a guy shows too much interest in me in terms of my legs and my heels. It doesn't happen often but it has happened. Probably 5 or 6 times a year. That said I have had women show too much interest as well..... I'd lover to meet fellow guys wearing heels - and I'd certainly make the time to chat. Cheers Heel-Lover

...That said I have had women show too much interest as well...

Would be nice to know why these women were showing "too much" interest.

How much is "too much" ?

(It is never too much from a women...:))

Maybe they were showing interest for you as well ?

Next time this happens you may want to ask them why ?

"""(It is never too much from a women...:))""" That is unless your SO is standing next to you - - then you may have a problem. Years ago, my wife and I were sitting at a club one night when this chick starts hitting on me big time. My wife is sitting across from me at this little table and this chick scoots a chair damned near on top of me. She's talking away, leaning on me, well on her way to passing out when I mentioned to her that my wife was sitting across from me. She looked at her, then back at me, and then she told me my wife could come along if she wanted. - - WOW - - !! As I looked at my wife in complete astonishment, my wife replied to this chick - - "Maybe if you lost about a hundred pounds, I'd consider it" That girl was gone in seconds flat, and didn't come near us the rest of the night.

I will go back to something I have said in various posts which is a sort of common denominator which serves me well and, I firmly would serve us all well. That is, if more of the world accepted each person AS IS, no trying to modify their style or culture to fit any certain label and as long as the person is doing nothing that is illegal or injurious to others, imagine the barriers that would be crushed and the good that could be done. All the energy that goes into repressing human beings and defending class boundaries could have been channeled into curing diseases sooner and inventing things that benefit all of us. Without WWI and II, apartheid, military dictatorships, and communism we may have been watching big screen TV's and talking on cell phones in the 1960's instead of in the 21st century. Think of these things as you struggle to figure out if someone is "gay" or not based on what shoes, pants, shirt, etc. they wear. What's the prize if you're right or the penalty if you are wrong and why does it matter?? I don't wonder if a girl who passes by me is a lesbian if she has short hair and is wearing guy's jeans and basketball sneakers. I'm sure, 100% positive in fact, that all she wants is the common decency any human being wants. The best way to approach anyone appearing different to you by way of attire is to compliment them of their choice of attire. The endless pursuit to try to label everyone or "figure them out" robs us of the most obvious of opportunities to have a conversation with a complete stranger (and quite possibly a very engaging person) standing right in front of us. All we have to do is try. HappyinHeels:wavey:

As a guy who has worn womens shoes since a teen, and high heels since 1995, I have never seen another guy wearing girls shoes (unusual for California, but maybe I just don't go to the right places). As for my fem shoes and high heeling experiences, I would have to say that most guys are at least tolerant of another guy in heels. My friends who know that I wear heels do not give me a hard time about it, but I don't wear heels that often when with them (usually 'cause we are doing a sport activity or hiking - something you can't readily do in heels) but I wear girls flats all the time with friends, guys and gals. Only two times have I received any comments from a guy about my heels. Once was in a mall when a lady stopped me to complement me on my hh sandals, calling them "beautiful shoes," and wanting to know where she could get a pair. Her male companion did not say a lot, but he smiled, and as we fininshed the conversation, he looked at me and gave me a thumbs up sign (which is a positive sign in the US - unlike other parts of the world - ha ha). The second time was when I was leaving a store and walking to my car. A solo guy stopped me and asked, "are those girls shoes?" I was wearing a pair of sandals with a 2 in heel at the time. I said yes, that I am one of those "starnge" guys that enjoys wearing womens shoes, that I think they look nicer than men's styles. The guy said "that's really cool," several times before we both went our ways. So... do guys like guys in heels? Who knows? Some do, some don't and some just don't care.... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I would love to see another man in heels. But only if theres no other people around because despite my intense passion for heels, I would hate for people to see me talking to a man in heels and thinking Im gay or something. But if it is just me and that other man then yes I would have to strike a conversation and dicuss my love of wearing heels. Even exchange contact info for maybe a walk in heels toghether.

How much is "too much" ?

The only thing I can think of here is when you want to be under the radar and an astute woman picks up on the shoes or boots and strikes up a conversation about them because it's not a big deal for her and it shouldn't be a big deal about the male wearer but both are within earshot of Billy-Joe-Redneck where anything but workboots IS a big deal?

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

The only thing I can think of here is when you want to be under the radar and an astute woman picks up on the shoes or boots and strikes up a conversation about them because it's not a big deal for her and it shouldn't be a big deal about the male wearer but both are within earshot of Billy-Joe-Redneck where anything but workboots IS a big deal?

Charlie

I thought that that is why you guys in the USA all walk around with a gun.:)

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

How much is "too much" ?

Hi,

I get a lot of interest, I get waiters pass comments to me in cafes from another table complimenting me on my attire etc. Often I'll end up talking to people about my shoes/ skirt combo. I deliberately go quite fem on the lower half - but I have no desire to go all girly. I'm quite a polarised combination - and to be fair most be people get it.

In terms of too much attention - well the girls that get tiddly/ pissed can be a nuisance. To cut a long story short I've had women I've been sitting with run their hands up my skirt to see what I'm wearing underneath (which is embarassing when there could be onlookers - and likely there were). I've also been at a busy bar getting drinks and I've had women come along behind me and go ooh.. and run their hands up and down the back of my legs from my heels to my skirt hemline...I had no idea until a have a pair of hands on the back of my thighs.. this attention is not really want I want in that public a forum... if you know what I mean...a different place - a different story..

But I'm up for any experience like that because I do put a lot of time into grooming because it looks better for the way I dress, and I am aware I do sometimes end up in these situations and I like to be well presented.

Back to topic with respect to guys : guys often want to wear my shoes and I will sometimes go along with it (provided I'm confident the heels won't get damaged and they won't be worn on carpets). I get watched equally by men and women, and some guys just keep looking back every few minutes. Women are far more discreet at looking - and I know I get looked at - but guys are more blatant - they just sort of stare. It takes a long time for comments to come from most of the guys, and I feel that a lot more would have wanted to talk more but just didn't know how to go about it. They may well think I'm gay (common misconception) so may be afraid they would be 'showing interest' in me? To be fair hardly ever get negative reactions, just thinking about it now i can't recall details of a negative reaction from guys.. but I have had a few over the years, so it is really insignificant.

All that said I am a bit naughty and I do like to play to peoples reactions - and sometimes this means egging those that stare on... I'll often get up and walk past people that stare more often, or I'll cross my legs over, or I'll slide my feet in anout of my heels while I'm talking to others or working.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

Hi,

I get a lot of interest, I get waiters pass comments to me in cafes from another table complimenting me on my attire etc. Often I'll end up talking to people about my shoes/ skirt combo. I deliberately go quite fem on the lower half - but I have no desire to go all girly. I'm quite a polarised combination - and to be fair most be people get it.

In terms of too much attention - well the girls that get tiddly/ pissed can be a nuisance. To cut a long story short I've had women I've been sitting with run their hands up my skirt to see what I'm wearing underneath (which is embarassing when there could be onlookers - and likely there were). I've also been at a busy bar getting drinks and I've had women come along behind me and go ooh.. and run their hands up and down the back of my legs from my heels to my skirt hemline...I had no idea until a have a pair of hands on the back of my thighs.. this attention is not really want I want in that public a forum... if you know what I mean...a different place - a different story..

But I'm up for any experience like that because I do put a lot of time into grooming because it looks better for the way I dress, and I am aware I do sometimes end up in these situations and I like to be well presented.

Back to topic with respect to guys : guys often want to wear my shoes and I will sometimes go along with it (provided I'm confident the heels won't get damaged and they won't be worn on carpets). I get watched equally by men and women, and some guys just keep looking back every few minutes. Women are far more discreet at looking - and I know I get looked at - but guys are more blatant - they just sort of stare. It takes a long time for comments to come from most of the guys, and I feel that a lot more would have wanted to talk more but just didn't know how to go about it. They may well think I'm gay (common misconception) so may be afraid they would be 'showing interest' in me? To be fair hardly ever get negative reactions, just thinking about it now i can't recall details of a negative reaction from guys.. but I have had a few over the years, so it is really insignificant.

All that said I am a bit naughty and I do like to play to peoples reactions - and sometimes this means egging those that stare on... I'll often get up and walk past people that stare more often, or I'll cross my legs over, or I'll slide my feet in anout of my heels while I'm talking to others or working.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

What happens if a guy runs his hand up your leg?

In all seriousness...