Do Guys like Guys in heels?

Amanda

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting question. I like seeing guys in heels. It conveys the message that they are confident and that we have a similar interest. If I were at a heel meet, I'd want to get to know them better. If it were one guy I happened by chance to see in public, I would definitely introduce myself and start up a conversation. GWL

I'll let you know when I see another guy wearing heels, more then likely I will. As I have said in another thread, IF I see another guy in heels, I would introduce myself and ask him to join me for a cup of coffee so we could talk and share our expieriences. So far (3+ years) the only guy in heels I have seen has been my reflection. One of the frustrating things here is, alot of the guys who post here only put the country they are a resident of. A little more info would be gratifying. Like maybe give N.E., N.W., S.E., S.W. of the state they live in, so others know they aren't alone on their state/country/province. Thanks Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Yes, in SW Florida. Unfortunatly my guy does not enjoy wearing heels himself.. but have had a couple friends want to try out some of my stuff.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Amanda, Trust you to ask this ;) anyway, it really IS a good question. My opinion is that it must depend upon the whole look. I have said often enough that most guys can't do stiletto heels - lets face it most ladies can't either. Slim heels dictate slim everywhere else otherwise the result is just not aesthetically pleasing. Cuban heels on the other hand DO look good on a guy, but he has to pay attention to the whole look as well. 3" cubans really do look well and I would push this to 4", but no further. I feel I will be in a minority because of the dedicated stiletto fans, but I can only say what I feel looks right, and so often I see pictures on the board that frankly do nothing to convince me that men should be allowed to be in charge of their entire fashion choice, let alone what footwear goes with it. Having said that, there are those who really do have it in spades and make the look work well. Bravo to them. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Interesting question! I'm not really sure just how I would react. On one hand, it would be great to see someone that has the same interest. But I'm just not sure what I would think of someone in a public setting. I know I read and enjoy HappyFeats' adventures, etc., but it is only imagined, as I'm not there to see it. Presented with the vision of a guy in heels (and I'm talking about someone actually wearing feminine type heels, not cowboy boots or a an obviously man's shoe but with an elevated heel), I think my first reaction would be some level of unease, because that is how I would feel if in a truly public place in obvious feminine footware. But I think that I would be likely to make a positive comment, just so the person knew I approved of his choice and would stand up for his right to wear whatever shoes he pleased. Geeze, I think my answer is as convoluted as are 4my thoughts of the situation. lol

I look forward to the first real unplanned meet, it may be a bit of a shock/surprise, but then I can assess it (and me) from the otherside. I believe it would be best to match the style, height, show to make it work,Amanda you remember my pictures in a suit? (in the gallery) yes I've done that out to the theatre with shoe boots without any problems in the centre of Portsmouth, but normally whatever heel shape hidden behind jeans. I'm learning and trying (very) also getting more confidence. Thanks for the question Amanda. Al

Fantastic question Amanda! Yes, I must say I like guys in heels, though beyond heel meets, I have never actually met a guy wearing heels. I do enjoy reading the accounts of members here and have received few negative reactions when wearing heels, so I think it has a lot to do with simply liking people who do their own thing. For me heels are about confidence - regardless of who is wearing them and I happen to like confident people.

Style is built from the ground up!

Interesting question Amanda :-)

I obviously don't have anything against a man wearing heels but I

never saw another man wearing heels so I'm not sure how I would react.

I guess I would say something like "Nice heels you got there" and see what happens.

(Note that I would say this to him only If I am wearing heels myself)

If his reaction is positive then I think I would introduce myself and we would talk about it...

Amanda, I'm going to go out on a limb and answer what I believe was the original intent of your questions. "Do guys like guys in heels"? My answer is NO! Of course guys on this board are going to answer yes or at least no opinion, but IMHO the overwhelming populace of guys will answer no.

Amanda, I'm going to go out on a limb and answer what I believe was the original intent of your questions. "Do guys like guys in heels"? My answer is NO!

Of course guys on this board are going to answer yes or at least no opinion, but IMHO the overwhelming populace of guys will answer no.

Vector, Amanda, It's a good question. One to which I've never given thought. It never occurred to me to even wonder if other men would like me in heels or not. Just put them on, went about my business without regard to "wondering if other guys would like them or not.

And, while I would naturally assume they would find it rather disconcerting or would be "uncomfortable" associating with me, I don't care. And, that's all I think about that.

Thanks for the question. It is worth thinking about. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, as Vector raised the point on how the question is asked; I'm not attracted TO guys in heels - but I do like seing other guys IN heels BUT they must be able to wear (walk) in them well. I'm afraid some guys I have seen in heels, dressed in what ever their preference takes them, still walk around like a bloke; rounded shoulders, slumped waist, bow legged - a bit John Wayne if you will. You really need to walk like a woman in heels; shoulders back, ass pulled in, that's what (in my humble opinion) makes wearing heels look so good and why I am a sucker for women (gracefully walking) in high heels. It's been mentioned before; a woman walking gracefully in a pair of 3" looks infinitely better than a woman not able to walk in a pair of 5". Just my opinion though Big D

To me, it wouldn't be a like/dislike of guys in heels. I happen to like high heels in general, regardless of who is wearing them. Now, the real crux of the matter is the presentation! Factors that would bring a negative reaction from me would be worn, dirty heels, a person that cannot walk in them, hairy legs, etc. etc. For me, sex is not the issue.

It's all about the heel!

Yes! I think most men could pull off wearing heels well. I'd love to see it happen. I've got shoes from 3" cowboy boots, 3" chunky soles, to platforms with stilettos. Generally, I think boots look most masculine -- and I like that look best on men. Towering stilettos on most men may not be the best look -- that said, if body is in good shape, and confidence is high, it can look good. Each to their own. Hair length, boxers/briefs, loose/skinny jeans, to shoes, we've got choices as to how we present ourselves -- and our choices are widening for sure.

Big D 3 very good points and fully accurate and echoes my thoughts entirely. sometimes it's hard to put the reasons as such together but that about sums it up. Being upright is part of heels, from the ankle to the base of the skull the whole body demonstrates the control and elegance. Often if I'm "suited and booted" as the saying goes, I would prefer heels to give that bit extra, I hate the current long toed men's shoes that feel like clown's boots. If one wishes to look like an Neanderthal wear croc's. I certainly don't. Al

First of all, women have cultivated their niche in the wearing of high heels and they have earned their choice to wear them. Many men, on the other hand, were so full of their own socially stereotyped masculine superiority, that they lost site of what really makes a person whole. I'm talking about the satisfaction each person needs for the desires they have. Women were able to fill their needs, because they are more in touch with who they are. Their struggles as the perceived disadvantaged made them more capable of success in whatever they undertook to do. May be this is why they are better at multitasking, like raising a family and having a career, than most men. Women grew up knowing they had to earn everything they wanted. Womanhood has become far superior to that of the social ideal of manhood. Now men have to rediscover their niche, by uncovering what makes them whole and learn to be more like women in this regard. They have to step up and do their part to nuture their family to be able to cope with today's and tomorrow's challenges. Finding the person inside and realizing their individuality needs to be taken care of, should be part of the social agenda of civilization. To give you an accurate accounting of my feelings toward another guy in heels would be, in a sense, misleading for I want everyone to have the choice to wear heels available. Once everyone has this option, there will be some guys who won't look that great in some high heels, much like there are some women who should refrain from wearing them for whatever reason they have. The decision for others to wear heels is not mine to make, but I would welcome everyone to support those who choose to heel, male or female. Civilization hasn't really experienced a world wide acceptence of male heeling. The era marked by the French Revolution abruptly ended the most socially widespread male high heeling for the France's aristocracy. French men and women decided to loose the heels rather than their heads. With our understanding of human nature, heeling should be as common for men as it is for women.

This is an excellent and thought provoking question and I commend Amanda for bringing it up here. How would I react when seeing another man in heels? I really don't know as I haven't seen a man in heels outside of a pair of cowboy boots, and I have yet to attend a Heel Meet, but then again I would expect the members to attend one wearing heels and I'm looking forward to making friends with them and have them reciprocate being friends with me. If I ever would encounter another man in heels, I would briefly observe the co-ordination of his dress with the heels, his confidence to dress that way, and then decide if he would be approachable enough for me to contact him with an introduction. Who knows where this would lead to for the future. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen a guy in heels around here. If i did i think how brave they must be. Also they would have to look good in them. I think my mary janes look great with my boot cut jeans but i would never be so brave to wear 7inch heels out and about.