At last the courage....

Stroller

Well this is my first post in this forum. I was reading through the forum the other night and the topic of people venturing out in their high heels for the first time caught my attention. Since then I had been contemplating this idea as I have several pairs of ladies shoes and the thought of going outside in them was scary. Well the night before last I went for it. It was dark outside but I live in an area where there's always people around. I chose to try my first with a black suede bump toe 3" chunky heel. I made sure I was wearing trousers that would cover the heel and out I went. The first thing that struck me was the noise. The loud clicking as the heels hit the ground unerved me. I stuck with it and and continued to the top of the street to the main road. The noise of the traffic masked most of the clicking heels but not totally. I went to a cash machine by the bus stop which had 2 or 3 people there. As I was using the cash machine other people were queing up right behind me to use the machine. My heart was pounding incase anyone noticed but I kept calm and when finished walked away off down the street to my house. The whole thing was and fatastic experience. The danger, the excitement and the loud clicking heels which I was sure was going to give me away. I did the same again later on wearing black leather court shoes with a 3" thein heel. This was nore risky as the shoe was nore noticable. Not as many people around but still very exciting. I would recommend anyone thinking about of this to try it. Great stuff.

Hello Stroller, Welcome to this board! :o My little experience, to wear Heels outdoors, is like yours! I was very nervous about the noise of heels :D , but nobody was noticed it! :( One older lady had a look on my shoes :wink: , but no comment follows!! :o Have fun with your footwear :D Holgi ________________ If you like it, do it!

The very first time out in public is always the hardest, but the more you venture out, the easier it'll eventually become! Just stay the course and you should do fine!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Stroller hi, I enjoyed reading your post and applaud your courage. I love it when someone manages to overcome their fear. Just expand and enjoy and set yourself free and I know I keep saying it but the more of you that venture out the more people will not bat an eye. Not that I think they would really anyway :wink: Love Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

the first time is the hardest, the it gets easier every time. :wink: fear is overcome once the you have confronted the situation, and you've now done that :D congratulations! may you have many more positive experiences like this.

Well done :wink: Like everyone else has already said, the first time is always the hardest, but probably the most rewarding afterward. The first time I went out in proper heels I was exceedingly nervous, and perhaps over-concious of what I was wearing. But once you get into the stride of things (ok, bad pun!), you become less concious of what you're wearing and you enjoy it more... So keep at it! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Hi everybody, I'm an occaional reader of this board for quite a while and this is my first posting. It was out in heels this afternoon in a nearby city. I wore black leather trousers, ablack leather trenchcoat, black shirt, black elbow length gloves and black kneet boots with a 3.5 inch blade heel. It was not really crowded since the shops were closed already - I didn't make it in time. I really enjoyed it very much and nobody seemed to really care about me. Regards Deanna

Well done on your trip into the real world Deanna :wink: It's only once you've made the first trip that you actually realise that Joe Public really doesn't care. I hope you have many more trips like that! Nice out fit too! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Well done to both of you on your trips out. It does get easier and easier over time. I'm sure you'll be going around in your heels without a second thought before too much longer!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"