Booted men in Sweden?

Man-in-Boots

Many pairs of the heels I had for sale on my website went to different Swedish guys so you are not alone. Chances of meeting one in the streets is a different matter.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Hi!! wondering if you see any men wearing boots up to 3 inches heels in sweden?

Oh yes. There are also many on this board. Also I have worn heels in Sweden and nobody blinked an eye.

What's all the fuss about?

My students and fellow teachers have had to see me all the time wearing my 3"(+) boots since the cold began in the autumn... I just can't wait to be able to get rid of the boots and into the HH sandals instead, but the last days heavy snowfalls makes me real sad. -I want to be able to get out in the morning in a short-sleeved shirt and shorts and sandals! Standing in a flurry of snow, trying to scrape the ice off the windshield of the car, is not to my liking. TallSwede

Hey, TS, What age are your students, and do they comment on your heels? If they are teenagers and they don't make fun of you, they must be much more civilised than most of the kids in the UK ! Xa

Hello Xaphod, My students are most often between 16-19 years old, but as we in Sweden also have a high (and even grammar) school system for "adults", some are possibly close to retirement age. None of the students have *ever* commented on my heels, while having been very upfront on a lot of different matters, so I can only conclude that they do not consider them as notable (for good or bad...). A fellow female teacher has recently started to appear in very nice HH pumps (court shoes) and I gave her a complimentary approval during a chat we had, which made her to (for the first time) to comment my heels by saying that she found them very nice looking too. That was about it, no further comments, questions, or funny looks, only what I felt as an unbiased assessment of the garment I wore (gender disregarded). The only "negative" remark I have gotten was from another (male) teacher, who asked how I could manage whole days in heels. -He said that in his opinion I apparently sacrificed comfort just to be *stylish*! How about that for having the heels accepted?!!! Even he would not make a gender issue about it, but only consider the long term wearability. Regards, TallSwede

Tallswede, u wanna get rid of boots? yeah, we had a heavy snowfall here in stockholm, bummer, but they said that it will warm up on time for easter. I have seen booted men here but they dont wear higher heels. they only wear 1 to1½ inches...

Right, I think I'm gonna have to move to Sweden! People in the UK (of any age) can be so cruel when it come to gender issues like that!

SH

Steady on, SH! OK, I don't wear my heels as often as you do, but I've neve had any kind of negative comment. I think school/college age youngsters can be quite cruel, but most people don't really seem to do much about it. All I ever get are a few subtle sideways glances.

Moving to Sweden sounds a bit drastic!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

They have nice fast cheap broadband there too, which is another reason to move... lots of bandwidth, lots of heels and no nasty teenagers... What's stopping me?! (Ok I won't start on that one!) SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Hehe, I don't pay income tax, since I don't have an income! (yet!) It's not that I'm unemployed as such, more, don't want to be employed and don't need to be employed! I'm happy with my current arrangement of doing random things for money! Seriously, I doubt I'd ever move there. I like the UK too much! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

• 2 weeks later...