Identifying fetishists

Being new maybe I shouldn't be jumping into serious discussions first but something has struck me here. There's a lot of 'I might be having a pint every night or a bottle of Bells per week but I am certainly not an alcoholic!' Well, come on... The simplest and most common sense definition of sexual fetishism states that if ANY object different than 'plain' human flesh brings arousal then yes, it's fetishism. Now, let the first guy on this forum who doesn't get a 'buzz' from the heels (his own or spotted on the street) throw a stone. The question is not 'ARE we...?' but 'Is it bad?' And I think in it's foundations it's like everything else. A glass of scotch in the evening, bungee jumping or model railroads building... As long as it's not taking over your life, as long as it's not affecting people around you in any harmful way, there SHOULD be no problem even if we call it 'fetishism' without beating around the bush. However. That's just a theory because in real life things don't want to be so simple. Our cultures are based on centuries upon centuries of role-playing, outfit-wearing, personality-shaping pretending to be like everybody else. Things out of ordinary are always going to be condemned at first and even in course of decades success is not granted. If we look at homosexuality, we will all agree that within the last 50 years we've seen a revolution of a magnitude not seen in Western civilization before and it still only got us as far as some percentage of people who don't give a toss and even they are most common in big cities only. And same will or applies to HH (whether we admit to fetishism or not). Being so strongly linked to explicit eroticism, hedonism even, it will never have an easy life in Western cultures based on European Catholicism or even worse American Puritanism. There's no way we'll see in our lifetimes (and I'm not planning to pack it in in a near future) any significant change to that. So once again, I really don't think that being labeled as fetishist is a problem (and in my opinion every male in woman's footwear must be). There's just simply nothing wrong with it. Just try to go and expain it to 'the masses' :>

• 2 weeks later...

After reading through all of these posts by the various members of high heel place, please someone answer me this to clear my confussion: when I first started wearing women's high heels both privately and publicly, it did get my adrenoline going and I was excited inside, but not to the point of orgasm. Now, when I wear stiletto high heels both privately and publicly, i don't feel the arousal but I feel a sense of happiness, I feel myself being pretty, and I want to show everyone else how I feel by displaying my high heels.

Was it previously a fetish and now it isn't?

After reading through all of these posts by the various members of high heel place, please someone answer me this to clear my confussion: when I first started wearing women's high heels both privately and publicly, it did get my adrenoline going and I was excited inside, but not to the point of orgasm. Now, when I wear stiletto high heels both privately and publicly, i don't feel the arousal but I feel a sense of happiness, I feel myself being pretty, and I want to show everyone else how I feel by displaying my high heels.

Regarding the thread: Ther's been a lot of posts going all directions away from the original posters observations, interesting to read though.

Regarding your post.

I know what you mean. First i thought my fetishism was very much connected to sexual arousal, later i found that it just gave me happiness and also a very piecefull expierence.

Sometimes i just wear a miniskirt and high heels, and it makes you forget about the day, all the crap and even little pains.

Sometimes i get home, put on a realy nice miniskirt, nice boots, and a nice shirt, and feel like ready to go out. Thats how normal it feels, thats how good it feels. You feel like you look very nice, and want the compliments (read acceptance).

I could fill a whole post about this, but that goes to far off topic.

Later, i discovered there IS sexual arousal involve. There's a little test to do.

The question is, do you feel still like wearing boots when you just had a lets say 'sexual relief'?

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

very well put and very close to where am at!!

self not very good at putting thoughts to paper!!

believe its still a fetish, at least from my perspective!!

just the fetish is now better understood!!

• 4 months later...

I had just passed my teenage years when a girlfriend had the sweetest maryjanes you ever saw. They were either size 4 or 5. When she told me years later that she had throw them out it just killed me. They had an interesting shaped heel that at first I didn't like but grew to love. The height was only about 1" She bought them in the late 60s before clunky, chunky, ugly took over. I now have 3" and 4" mary janes.

I know that happy feeling. I wear them before I go to work and miss them all day. The happy feeling continues. As I drive home its "how soon can I get into my heels." My feet hurt more when I take them off. The strap is high enough I can't just pop them off. That way the heel becomes more of a part of you as they do with boots. After undoing the strap I just flip my toes upward and the shoe pops off. Fun things can be simple.

I think most women do have at the very least, a shoe fetish, not so much a high heel fetish as just shoes in general, that most women or at least most of the ones i know, my fiance included, have at least 100 or more pairs of shoes, and understandably so realistically men generally might own 3 or 4 pairs at any given time, i know for myself, i have 4 pairs of mens shoes, and 35 pairs of heels, so i can see why women have so many shoes, as i love the way they feel, and i right now only have platforms, most of which are 6 inch heels, have yet to try the stillettos, but i am going to get some 4 inch pumps and try out the difference, but in reallity when have you ever looked in a womans closet and seen only 3 or 4 pairs of shoes, almost never the only way a woman would not have a ton of shoes is if she were poor and couldnt afford to get any, and some even have pairs they never even wear, so there has to be some sort of fetish there. Just my opinion of course.

The little town where i am, would not consider, men wearing heels to be a fetish, but more along the lines of a sexual preference, so if they saw a man in heels, they would be more inclined to think he was Gay rather than the fact he might just like to wear the heels.

Bleh. I think we should all settle with: On girls/women, heels will be heels, and SHOULD NOT incorporate into the girl/women possibly being a fetish person or into the footwear. If you want to know That badly, please, don't talk about it here. ASK the girl/lady herself! NO assuming. It's what school taught us, I hope (or it should be vaguely obvious). On boys/guys, heels will still be heels, 'cept people around you WILL take it the wrong way (of course, taking that you're a straight guy). The world isn't too open will this kind of thing yet, so prepare for smirks, comments, etc. Also prepare for those very curious ones who go the extra length to ask you "Why heels, sir?" and prepare your answer accordingly. Think we've gone over this before, haha. But it's what makes this site go, right? :blinkbigeyes: Not the only thing, but a huge contribution of topics on this subject.

Formally "HHDude"

• 2 months later...

i am from tijuana, mexico and in here seing a male (straight) in high heels isn´t considered as a fetishist but a Gay one i know that because i asked that question to my gf, she suspected about my hhs likes and i had to tell her my secret and she seems to still accept it but i still don´t have the courage to go out because i don´t wanna be humilliated by the ignorant people here in tj