Invisible Heels

Henri

Hello Everyone, I had an incident happen today that defies belief and I have to tell somone. As I dressed for work; I found that I needed to buy more hosery. I chose my outfit carefully as usual. I wore a blue and white oxford long sleeve dress shirt, natural colored pantyhose, tan chino dress slacks and bone colored Aldo 5" Stiletto heels. The slacks are an inch longer than I normally wear so that I may wear heels. They covered about half of the shoe is I was standing still. I went to Macy's to buy hosery. walked in directly to the Hosery departmetn and made my selection. I was walking towards a Customer Service Center when this lady clerk spotted me and saind that she could take care of my purchase. I followed her and gave her my VISA. She then completed the transaction and handed my my Credit Card and my purchase and said, " I hope you enjoy your nylons, Henry". I asked her how she knew they were for me. She replied, "I saw you were wearing nylons as you approached." I thanked her and asked what about the shoes. She said "What Shoes" and then came around the counter. "OH MY GOD; you're wearing heels. I had not noticed them. Let me see!". We then proceeded to chat for about 5 minutes until the next Customer came along. Moral to the story is that she works in Hosery and Handbags and pays attention to her departments and to her customers in her department. After talking with her I truly believe that she did not see the heels only the nylons. She was thrilled that I wore heels and said that she does not feel dressed without heels and sockings. She was wearing 3" cork wedge. I complimented her on her heels as she complimented me on mine. It was a GREAT Day. Henri ;)

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

Isn't it amazing what some people don't notice? We are so tuned to notice heels that we will spot them a mile away, when we wear them we think the whole world is watching. But it's not! Great story, thank you.

Have a happy time!

That's funny, actually...she noticed the nylons, but not the shoes themselves? Wow...she zeroed in a little too close to notice the whole effect, but the experience came with a happy ending, which is all the better! May you have many more great heeling adventures!!! SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

This is a great story and the perfect example of how little people actually notice what is right in front of them. I once had a clerk ask if I ever wore a skirt while I was standing right in front of her wearing a SKIRT and a guy once asked if I was wearing nail polish (clear at the time) but made no coment on my 3 1/2 inch red sandals. This could also tell me Henri that your outfit was very well done and/or that you are quite natural in wearing your heels. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Style is built from the ground up!

This is a great story and the perfect example of how little people actually notice what is right in front of them. I once had a clerk ask if I ever wore a skirt while I was standing right in front of her wearing a SKIRT and a guy once asked if I was wearing nail polish (clear at the time) but made no coment on my 3 1/2 inch red sandals.

This could also tell me Henri that your outfit was very well done and/or that you are quite natural in wearing your heels. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

You're

Henry absolutely correct in your comment. It was a fun experience and it will not be my last visit to Macy's.

You're

Henry absolutely correct in your comment. It was a fun experience and it will not be my last visit to Macy's.

I buy a lot of my hosiery at Macy's where they have always been quite helpful. Remember to send in your feedback about your shopping experience. Clerks who are supportive to us need to be recognized. BTW, what brand(s) of hosiery do you buy there? I love the Berkshires and HUE myself.

Style is built from the ground up!

I buy a lot of my hosiery at Macy's where they have always been quite helpful. Remember to send in your feedback about your shopping experience. Clerks who are supportive to us need to be recognized. BTW, what brand(s) of hosiery do you buy there? I love the Berkshires and HUE myself.

HUE is my favorite at this time. I all ready have sent my feedback about Maria. Thanks again for your inspiration and conitnued support.

Henri

Henri: Thats great. As you said I'm sure it won't be your last trip to that store, but I'd make a point of bringing purchases to her if you find her, I think it helps them out a little as well.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Henri:-) That's a great story you related to us. I used to buy the Berkshire brand of hosiery for my Mom when she was alive and always got them at the Kaufmann's department stores. Their main store was in downtown Pittsburgh with branches in all of the shopping Malls around the area. I never used that brand myself as I like the Leggs brand of hose better. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!