A funny thing happened....

Calv

Each week I take part in a pub quiz team where we attempt to answer 60 questions on anything and everything. This week one of the questions was to name the little statue in Brussels taking a pee. Thanks to taking part in the Euroheel meet last year where we visited Brussels and saw the statue I was able to answer the question - the Manekin Pis. Nobody else in our team knew the answer. We won some cash as well - so thank you Luc who took us on the sightseeing trip of Brussels. Heels can improve your knowledge. I've also been learning Latin tonight as well.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Sure thing Calv. "Caesar adsum iam forte, Brutus adarat" Caesar had some jam for tea. Brutus had a rat. I wonder when the next heel meeting will be. I fancy Paris. I've been all over Paris in heels and it's a cool place to be.

I hope somebody from Paris will become a member of this board to guide us around and show us the good places. Maybe Phil could help us on that?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 2 weeks later...

Caesar sic in omnibus, Brutus sic in at. Whilst we're on the subject say this out loud: Si senor, dar daygo; Forti lorris inaro; Demain lorris, demmis trux; Carin cowsin sheapen dux.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

mens agit molem = the victory of spirit over matter per aspera ad astra = through struggle towards the stars On swedish SEK-notes (that is "bills" for you U.S. citicens), you can read "hinc robur et securitas = from this, strength and security. I read Asterix (the comics) from a very early age.

• 1 year later...

As a newboy of only a few weeks to this site, I am surprised and a little saddened at just how many ideas (like this Paris one) seem to start getting talked about and then just fizzle out! Nothing AT ALL has been said on this page for WELL OVER A YEAR! That's sad.....what is it?........it's VERY SAD. Well, here we are in June 2003 with the Oxford Meet to look forward to on 12th July 2003. Once that's been and gone, and we start looking ahead to further meets, how about resurrecting Paris, Huh? ................ Huh? ................. Howsaboutit? ...............Huh? ........ Waddayareckon? ............... HUH? Cheers for now! Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

The problem is that it's a great idea, but little things like childcare, work, tax returns, and stuff like that means that most people end up dropping out. It's sad, but that's how it is. I'd like to do Paris, and many other places, but I doubt I'll be able to.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"