Expanding k6ps's comfort zone

k6ps

Never seem to be getting the colors and lighting right...

Greatings k6ps :-)

Nice shoe collection you got there with a good description for each.

Next time use another source of light to the left or right of the object (halogen lamp).

Put the lamp at a distance where the illumination will be a little bit less than your SLR camera flash.

And don't forget to force your flash on or it will not operate.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've now gained a lot more confidence and i'm wearing at least 2,5'' heels (but occasionally 3,5-4'') most of the days, everywhere.

Yesterday we were on another wedding of our friends and i was wearing my 3,75'' loafers (http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=109&pictureid=1408) with a suit and tie. The party stared at noon with outdoor activities. At the eveing there was a very good live band indoors, and we did some serious dancing for quite long time -- with my wife, my older daughter, or both together. :chuckle: That was the first time i did that on that high heels. So i got two new experiences:

- dancing in these shoes is confident and comfortable enough to enjoy it. I was very pleased and happy to find that out

- for the first time i felt like i'm already used to high heels, and have almost no anxiety any more -- just the fun and pleasure remains. :w00t2:

Happy Heeling

k6ps

Took my very freaky-looking high-top leather wedge sneakers, with straps and buckles, to work for the first time --> http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=109&pictureid=1571. Scored a few comments and reactions from co-workers:

the very extravert guy from sales dept: "This is definitely your ceiling so far"

me: "SO FAR yes"

(yes i intend to not push the limits at work for some time at least, although my confidence has increased a lot recently)

our new secretary (herself wearing some pointy 4'' pumps with thin silver stiletto heels): "I wonder how can you stand on these"

me: "These wedges are actually quite stable and comfortable, your stilettos are certainly much trickier, but very nice too"

another guy from sales dept (who is rather macho-like): "your clothing outfit is very modest in comparison to these"

me: "Thanks, my wife also thinks so"

a few other ladies: "how does it feel to walk on these?"

me: "exciting and surprisingly comfortable"

Have been wearing them several times to university seminars and lectures too, but got only a few friendly smiles there, no comments and questions. The nice thing is that no-one seems to take me less seriously in work and study context even when i wear very freaky high-heeled sneakers (but i'm one of the most seniors too, in both work and university :chuckle:)

Happy Heeling

k6ps

Greetings k6ps :-)

I like your wedge sneakers and I don't think they are "freaky-looking" at all.

(Remember I got a pair having a similar style)

A pair of stiletto sandals with 2" platform would look really "freaky" on you compared to these :w00t2:

I also like the comments from your co-workers and your replies to them...

Specially your reply to the macho guy "Thanks, my wife also thinks so"

Did his face become red after hearing your reply ?

Well done :chuckle:

Greetings k6ps :-)

Specially your reply to the macho guy "Thanks, my wife also thinks so"

Did his face become red after hearing your reply ?

Not really, he was fine with that. That was actually a very friendly conversation.

Happy Heeling

k6ps

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Another heeling day full of high feelings, that i'll never forget:

Went to the town of birth of my wife for the weekend, together with my whole family, for attending my mother-in-law's birthday. I was wearing my favorite sneakers --> http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=109&pictureid=1571 for that whole weekend, with black jeans, light-blue flower-patterned men's shirt with a collar and buttons, and gray velvet jacket.

The next day we had booked a hairdresser appointment for the whole family (total half a day, my wife's coloring, styling, etc. part was taking of course about 4/5 of this time (and money), the remaining 1/5 was just cuts for the three other family members :chuckle:). My wife has been a client of this hairdresser for over 10 years, and now in recent years we always attend her together and with kids, once in every three months or so, in her home studio. So we've become almost family friends (she has kids about the same age as our kids). She is a senior hairdresser-stylist and a very style-conscious lady. I'd say she is probably the most lady-like (or should i say "the ladiest" ?:w00t2:) lady i've ever seen -- exactly that type of lady who would mostly be seen wearing some Christian Louboutins. But she is also quite strict and always sais what she thinks, even if it is something negative. So i took the challenge (for the first time) to show her my wearing high heels as a man. I was quite sure that she either strongly approves or strongly disapproves it, nothing in between.

She got quite excited when i showed her my heels, when we were about to leave :tear:. We had a short conversation about the idea of men wearing heels, different styles of heels that would be suitable with various mens' outfits, etc. During that whole conversation she was so excited that she couldn't stand still. She wanted to show that to her husband as well, and took a photo of me wearing heels. She gave me some good style advice too: said that i should wear some other stylish accessories to match my high-heeled shoes, especially glasses and sunglasses. Finally she said that's very unique and stylish that i wear heels, and if i'm brave enough to do that, then i should have no problem wearing equally stylish glasses as well. So i guess that was the approval i hoped to get :clap:and the advice is to be taken seriously.

My wife got a haircut that is probably the best she had ever had, so she was feeling quite high too. We spontaneously decided to go to a photography studio to make some nice family pictures, and luckily the studio happened to be free at that time. We experimented with some compositions: just me and my wife, all together with kids, kids only. In the first composition, we especially tried to expose our footwear (my wife was wearing almost knee-high creme-colored satin boots with flower patterns, round toes, and 4'' natural rubber wedges by Pepe Jeans -- my latest selection for her :smile:). The photographer, a middle-aged lady, also seemed to be excited about our footwear, and was constantly sincerely smiling when working with us. Finally she said that it is so nice that we wear shoes that are uncommon and not boring. Another good compliment.

Oops, another long story :lmao:

Happy Heeling

k6ps

No pictures ? :chuckle:

I'm very sorry that i haven't found time to make some good photos of my outfits, but i'm currently quite busy (it's now probably the busiest period of my life -- with career, small kids, new big house, etc.). But i just got a new digital SLR camera a few months ago, and i'll still try to find some more time to play with it. Also haven't yet received the ones we did in the studio.

Happy Heeling

k6ps

A very nice experience. I love how comfortable you are talking with so many different people about your heels. I love those sneakers!

Thanks! It is nice to get feedback from some of the very top pioneers of men wearing heels :chuckle:

Yes one of my goals (or principles) of heeling is that i shoudln't be hiding it from anyone if that is my style and what i like. So i've been trying to wear heels and go to anywhere where i'd normally go, and speak freely about that with anyone. So i've worn heels in public for less than one year still, but i already have no problem e.g. going out with my family, going to work, to university, to visit my mother-in-law or some relatives or friends, etc. wearing heels. Many people are initially surprised when they find that out, but later find that it is interesting, cool, and/or stylish that i do that, and get used to it. Generally everybody seems to accept that and nobody takes me less seriously that i'm wearing heels. BUT -- i'm wearing only blocks, wedges, and cuban heels with masculine or unisex-looking shoes, and try to achieve masculine outfits. Don't know if this attitude would remain the same if i started wearing pumps with stiletto heels or anything that feminine in public. I believe i'm not really a stiletto type (stilettos don't excite me as much as nicely styled blocks, wedges, and cubans), but sooner or later (maybe already next year) i'll probably experiment with something more stiletto-like, e.g. thin cuban heels. So let's see...

Happy Heeling

k6ps

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Its WINTER here in northen Europe. We've had the first colds and the first snowfalls. In the recent several weeks i've been wearing these boots --> http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=109&pictureid=1570 for about 5 days a week out of seven, often long days. They're only 2,5'' but i still like these a lot. I feel like i'm almost mastering these, i have no problem going anywere where i'd go wearing some "men's" casual boots, and these are truly comfortable. Now they went through some winter tests as well:

- they do keep my feet warm in "normal" winter conditions even after extensive walks (haven't yet tested with more extreme winter conditions, e.g. longer walks in below minus 10 celsius or so :chuckle:)

- normally they also keep my feet dry (except after longer walks in very wet snow)

- they don't make my feet uncomfortably hot when i'm indoors for several hours

- they have a good pattern in the soles and are not too slippery: unlike a few ladies who're trying to wear slick stiletto boots in the snow (taking corners carefully with very small sliding steps) i can stilll walk normally

- and they leave nice traces in the snow :w00t2:

Happy Heeling

k6ps

Nice conservative boots k6ps. While the heels is higher than that of a normal pair of men's boots, it isn't so noticeable that you would get much reaction if anyone bothered to "check them out." Keep on keeping on, they're just the thing for those long winters there in eastern europe. :chuckle:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 year later...

Hi, Just a little status update: - k6ps has been an active public heeler in Estonia, North-Eastern Europe for about two years now - k6ps wears 2,5-4,5'' heels in public now almost daily - wearing heels is public for k6ps, k6ps has never hidden this from anybody - k6ps has changed job (after 13 years in one place), done all the job interviews wearing heels, the new place is even more friendly - k6ps still wears only blocks, wedges, cubans - no stilettos or anything else more feminine - k6ps wears only masculine outfits - often uncommon and extraordinary, but very masculine - k6ps has had NO negative compliments about shoes, only positive and neutral - k6ps still has clogs/wedges/platforms as his favorite styles - k6ps especially enjoys heeling together with his wife, especially when wearing the same shoe model - k6ps still has a few pairs of heels which he is confident enough to wear in public only on special occasions and together with the wife - k6ps has not purchased many pairs of heels but rather a few really good and rather expensive ones. Happy Heeling :silly: k6ps

• 7 months later...

Hi,

K6ps is now using Chictopia for posting his photos. This is a friendly community, there are lots of unbelieveably beautiful ladies there :) and several looks of men wearing heels. Just posted the first shot - check out: http://www.chictopia.com/k6ps. K6ps especially appreciates any feedback :)

Happy Heeling

k6ps

• 1 month later...

Hi, During November, i never wore anything less than 4'' in public (except when doing sports training and garden work). That included work, all the customer meetings, the university lectures, a three-day conference in Antwerpen, Belgium, the school events of my kids, dancing eveings with my wife, supermarket visits, intercity trains and buses etc. Now i made a couple of flat days. It feels quite strange, i dont feel like myself :smile: I'm deeply addicted to heels. Happy Heeling k6ps