Out and about in heels!

scrappycoco

I just got back from Home Depot. I purchased a new electric heater for my workshop. When I went to the checkout line, all of the cashiers were standing by their registers waiting for customers. I took the heater to the first register nearest me and to my surprise the cashier there was a very tall, full figured (read not fat, looked great like a Mae West kind of figure for those old enough to know who she is.. LOL) redhead. She towered over me in my 4" heeled western boots! I go about 5' 9" in the boots. Gee, and I thought the lady who runs the local hardware store is tall.. chuckle.. I don't know why, but I've always found taller women attractive. I know most of them don't feel the same way about shorter guys though.. not that it matters here as I'm quite happily married. :) Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Ok so I figured I would post about the trip I had today. My outfit for today consisted of a light pair of colored women's jeans I bought yesterday, black turtle neck, a jacksonville jaguars jursy, suntan hose, and my t-strap rampage heels. First stop of the trip was to the main post office. I get rather nervous going in there wearing heels cause when I walk in everyone can hear me cause of the tile floor then to make matters worse the way the place is designed it echo's. Didn't really get no look's while in there. I did have a few people look at me when I was coming and going. The never really looked at my pants they just looked at my shoes. My next stop I figured I would look around to see if I could find a true pair of t-strap heel's at my local shoe carneval. I walked in and two women where working. I walked right in and went to the women's section. One of the women asked if there was anything they could help me with. I told them I was looking for some t-strap heels. At first she didn't hear me. So she came over too me and asked what I was looking for I told her what I was looking for. At first she kind of had a dumb founded look on her face. Then I looked at her and said " I bet you have never met a guy like me? " She said nope " I said I bet you have never had a guy come in and ask for a pair of t-strap heels?" She said " To be honest we don't get many women coming in looking for that type of shoe" She then went on to say that if they get something like that in there it will most likely be in the spring time. She said here is a pair of t-strap sandles that would look good on you. I told her that wasn't really my style. So we talked for just a brief few min about my style. The last thing she said was that the style of shoes I like work great for men and women, and that I looked very put together. Next stop was my local mall to the shoe dept too see if I might get lucky in there. Walking in wasn't much of an issue. I did run into an older man that was mall walking that gave me a strange look. I walked into the shoe dept and the girl that had sold me a pair of women's running shoes was there. She asked how I was doing and if there was anything I was looking for. I told her she said she wished she had some but they didn't. So I stood there looking around until I found a pair of MJ's on sale for $15. I was looking for a pair of shoe's that would go a little better with the light colored women's jeans I bought. I thought these would look great. So I got lucky they had a pair in my size I tried them on while she had helped someone else at the register. While I was trying them on she came back to the area where I was trying them on to finish what she was doing. She looked at me and said those shoes look great with those jeans. So after trying on 2 more of the same style in diff sizes I bought the first one's I tried. While I was at the register as she was ringing me we where talking and I said to her " I bet you have never ran into a man that wear's heels?" She said nope. She then asked me about why I wear heels and I told her. She looked at me and told me "Well you wear them well!" and your sense of style is just great. Now the best part of the day was the 2 older guys sitting out side the store. When I walked out the one guy, who I really hate to put a tag on, was a "redneck type guy" gave me the nastyiest look as I walked out and walked by him. He didn't say anything though. I left the mall and went home. I tried my shoe's on and they fit and feel great. When I get a chance I will take a picture of them. Here is the outfit I wore out and about.

post-18403-133522931838_thumb.jpg

post-18403-13352293185_thumb.jpg

Hello All, I am new to the site and new to heeling. I have worn high heels since the fifth grade and my wife knows and even gives me her heels (as I stretch them out of course). About 6 months ago, I started going out in front of my house wearing heels and go more and more daring and let myself get caught by my neighbor across the street (she has said nothing about it to this point). About 3 weeks ago I started going into the local donut store wearing heels, it is early in the morning and no one has been ther yet but the owner. She looks every time I come in to see what I am wearing on my feet but has said nothing either about it. I keep suggesting to my wife that want to go shoe shopping with her and try on heels but she has not said she would yet :). I am getting closer to having the nerve to go into a shoe store such as Payless during a very slow time of day but not there yet. This site is really helping me to grow and move further with my public heeling...thanks for all your stories and incouragment.

post-28471-133522931981_thumb.jpg

Hey scrappy - - I have a feeling I know where you were shopping at when you got the nasty look. I picked up a pair of boots before Christmas at JC Penneys, and walked through the mall with them. Needless to say, I didn't get too many glares since the mall now has carpet in the main section, so no noise. You can tell your in a redneck territory when there are more women in Timberland camo boots than anything with a heel.

Hey scrappy - -

I have a feeling I know where you were shopping at when you got the nasty look. I picked up a pair of boots before Christmas at JC Penneys, and walked through the mall with them. Needless to say, I didn't get too many glares since the mall now has carpet in the main section, so no noise.

You can tell your in a redneck territory when there are more women in Timberland camo boots than anything with a heel.

Yes you are exactly right as to wear I was. The only time the MJ's that I was wearing made nose was on the small section's where the floor is still tile. I did not really care that he sat outside the store and seen me trying on the new one's walk to the counter by them and talk with the sales lady about my choice of style.

hi there, nice story scrappy, i have a question is there anyone that has filmed an outing with a hidden camera in your chest, shoulder anyplace with the purpose to see the reactions of people whila walking around? I have seen many videos of outing but most of them are pre-selecting the spot and the time and taking many shots, therefore the reality is not 100% unless you just attach a camera to you where no one can see and walk around in heels or whatever, im very keen to see the result of the experiment. anyone?

V. Morpho

Ok so here is my most recent outing. I had to go see my new PCP for my choice of clothing I wore my light purple shirt, with my light blue women's jeans and my 3" heeled boots. I would have loved to wear something else but since we got a bunch of snow last night I figured boot's where the way to go. Went in and nothing was said at all about the way I was dressed until they need to check my height and the nurse seen I had heels and and insted of asking me to take them off she just said " How tall are you with out shoes on?" I kind of got a chuckle out of it, but nothing else was said. Went in to see the new Dr. who is a women just a few years older than me. The only concern she had for me was why my blood pressure was a little high. She asked if I was a little nervious? I said ya a little. To witch she said don't be you have no reason to be. So there wasn't much of an outting. Now tomarrow I start my new school and am trying to decied weather to wear heels to class or not. I may weight till I see what the class is like.

I went out tonight wearing a man's sweater, women's skinny jeans and my black boots. I stopped in to a few stores to shop for a new TV, picked up dinner at a restaurant, then went back to my hotel. I got very few reactions until I got to the hotel. The sales people looked slightly surprised for a split second, but answered all of my questions and treated me very nicely. The other customers either didn't notice or didn't care. The more I wear heels out, with my head held high and a smile on my face, the more I enjoy it. I don't try to cover my heels or fade into the background. When people like my shoes, they tell me, and we often have a nice conversation. When people don't like my shoes or don't approve, they try to hide their reaction, so I don't worry about it. When I got back to the hotel, my key would not open the side door, so I went to the front desk. The woman took care of the issue, and as I started to walk away she lowered her voice (there was nobody else around) and said "can I ask a quick question?" She went on to say she loved my boots, they look so great, and wanted to know where I bought them. We chatted a bit, then she said she noticed my boots when I walked in, but could she take a closer look? I just love showing off my boots, and I left feeling quite wonderful. It's funny, I spent so many years of my life looking at women and wishing I could wear the same shoes they were wearing, and now, at least once a week, women stop me to say they wish they they had the same shoes as me!

Sorry....I have been wearing several pairs in there for the last month and I go to work early (6am) so I have only ran into two females and the only comment I could hear one of them say was "funky". The lady behind the counter looks each day to see what I am wearing but has made no commect, good or bad. Although the non comment should be considered good I guess. Most of the time I wear the pumps and have also worn the sandels. I hope to wear the slings someday.

post-28471-133522932879_thumb.jpg

post-28471-13352293288_thumb.jpg

Grey Slings.bmp

Tonight I had to do some errands, this is what I wore; Lt. tan Izod polo shirt, Brown skinny stretch jeans, coffee colored pantyhose and my Brown Born Western style of boots with 3" heel and a tan jacket. First stop to Kay Jewelers to have some jewelery of my wife and mine cleaned. The associates know me very well, they always greet me by name. They have all seen me in heels and always look to see what I am wearing. More than once they have complimented me on my heels and my choice of clothing style. Of course I wear lots of jewelery which Kay's has sold me over the years. Next stop to Payless shoes to check on a recent e-mail from them regarding some new mule styles for spring. None of the new styles in the store yet. Had a nice chat with female store clerk about heels and men wearing heels. Next stop at Walmart to pick-up a few items needed. Not too many customers in the store tonight. No negative reactions. Even got a smile from a lady about 50ish. I did not try to hide my heels as they were quite evident from the length of my jeans. Another enjoyable night out and about in heels.

Wel as I said in my intro got me first boots this week. Didn't want to order on the internet but went to a shop Had to drive a fair bit to Belgium. Quite an experiance trying om boots in a shop with other shoppers walking around you and being the only male there. But I guess it was more me watching them as them watching me. Took like 1 hour finally got 2 pair, payed and to the car. Changed into boots in the car and drove off. Mind you they only about 3 inch heel so no problem with driving. On the way home I had to tank. Put my mind on numb and tanked, walked into shop to pay like any other person and payed. Well my day was definately made!!

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

• 4 weeks later...

Wear them. Last week I had to travel by plane. I wore black high heeled sandals, despite snow and temperatures below freezing. I got lots of looks when I took them off and put them in the bin to be X-rayed, and when I sat down afterwards to put them back on. The woman who sat next to me on the plane and I talked about our experiences wearing high heeled sandals in the winter and in the snow.

first let me say I love them. Nice sharp heel. Second - you will be noticed so if that does bother you answer is yes. If you don't care then go right ahead and wear them They look great. Would be nice with a skirt if you also like to dress up.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i know it has been quite awhile since i have posted any of my outings so i figured I would give everyone some up dates. Just so everyone knows i have been out several different times in heels. For the most part that is all I wear anymore. Now granted my wife still does not like it but really does not say much until pushed by an outside force if u catch my drift. On one of my most recent outings i wore a black skirt and heels to see my counselor see my post labeled challenge given to me by my counselor . Anyway I will talk about my last trip witch was an all day affair in heels. For this trip I decided to wear my light blue womens jeans a light purple lens dress shirt with my new rampage mjs with a 3" heel and suntan hose. With that being said one of the first places I needed to go was staples to mail an item. Walked in with the family and nothing was said not so much as even a look. Next we had to go to walmart. Now I was a little more worried going in there for the most part things where going smooth until a young teenage girl and her brother where in the grocery isle and noticed I was wearing heels. Well anyway I watched them fallow me and my family around for awhile. I could see her looking at me and talking to her brother now me it did not bother so much my wife on the other hand fought notice and was getting upset but not at them at me. At witch point she started giving me greff and was calling me a freak. I just kind of blew it off and let it be. We did are thing and left. Are next stop was not so kind. We went it to an all u can eat china resteraunt. Things where going good until this table of 4 older people noticed my shoes. The first thing the guys did was point out to one of the women in the group what type of shoes I was wearing. Not I noticed it right away but did not say anything then my wife noticed it. That's when all hell broke loose she started bitching and calling me a freak once again. The only problem was she did it in the restaurant with the people sitting there and she wasn't really quite about it. I just kept my cool we left shortly after they did. Are next stop was target. Now I was going to go in there mainly cause I wanted to look at there shoes. Anyway when my wife asked if was coming in I said nope why would I want to go anywhere with u since I am such a freak! And left it at that. Later that night I needed to stop by the St where I work and pick up my charger for my phone. I wore what I had on all day. Before I left she said are u wearing that I said yep and started out the door she then said i wouldn't wear something like that into the place where I work. I turned and looked at her and said that's right you wouldn't wear anything like this period and left. Went I and got my stuff had a good conversation with the crew that was in duty. Now most of the people I work with know I wear heels but this is the first time anyone of them have ever seen me in them. Nothing was said. I came home and went to bed. I am at the point now I. My life to where once my kids are grown up I may start looking for someone of the opposite sex that likes me for me and not what I wear.

That's painful to read, not just because of what I think I managed to decipher from all that. Sorry to hear your wife is giving you grief about your shoes and started calling you a freak. Maybe that's similar to what I went through with my last girlfriend; her true colors showed at the end. Hopefully things will resolve themselves in a good way; my ex-wife always said "everything happens for a reason". Fingers crossed for you though, good luck.

Hello Scrappy, Maybe she is afraid that you may come into trouble with narrow minded people that could feel offended and become violent against you, or a nightmare, against your familly in retaliation. So afraid that she cannot control herself. Look, when I started wearing heels in public, I was so afraid of the possible reactions of people that I would jump in a hidden place or best in my car as soon as someone approaches. What if a group of neo nazis skinhead wicked people or whatever found out ? Maybe they won't even attack me but surely track me to my home and wait for when I am at work to attack. You never know and that's right I still have this in mind. What if a guy at the local administration saw me, and now is going to annoy us with not giving us access to the local facilities that we applied for (nursery, school, anything, ...), just because of his fear of difference... I wouldn't even know. He could even manage to refuse some administrative approvals we need of the new house... What if my insurances learn about me wearing heels they surely charge me a higher fee !! You know what ? All of this can also happen because of a million reasons not involving wearing heels. Do you think the statistics are not going to be influenced by the heels ? Anyway, as a guy, I feel I am responsible of the security of my house (the old beliefs are hard to get rid of), and a good way to achieve this is to stay anonymous and unnoticed by doing and wearing conventional things. With time you surely have gone beyond all of that. But what about your wife ?

Ok so second possibility. My dad was always wearing old pants and suits. He was used to leaving the new ones in the closet, because, he said, they were not as comfy as the old ones. On sundays when we were preparing for outings in the familly or anywhere, my parents would always have arguments because of that. Of course mom was not at all fond of the way he dressed. There were two possible outcomes. Either she would have her say, and dad will go with a beautiful suit. But he would be in a bad mood for the day, resulting in a number of incident making the outing unbearable. Or he would stay firm on his will. But then Mom would continuously tell him that he is not gorgeous, how bad tasted his suit is. She would compare him to the other men, and finally find a reason (anything mean) of having an argument with him, or going back home (headache, etc.). Women !!!

She's afraid of what you're doing to HER image. It's obvious as she's quiet about it even in public only until the chance for confrontation presents itself by an outside influence. I don't think this will change if I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly. It sounds like a definite fork in the road where you either have to compromise a bit by leaving the skirt behind and going with pants and perhaps a more masculine type of heeled footwear or saying goodbye to her. I don't think the situation will make it until when the kids grow up as it is, but that's just my guess. Good luck with whatever you wind up doing Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Agree with Charlie that is also a possibility. What will, people, and her friends, think of her ? and of you ? Also another option, I thought of while remembering at your conselor's comments : when she was wearing a skirt and heels at the office, she was feeling all the eyes turned on her, very intimidating. I wonder to which extent this also applies to your wife when she is "wearing" a heeled husband... Anyway, one option or the other, all of this applied to you. Even Charlie's comment. If you were able to go beyond that, why not your wife. But at what price ? And how long ? Love can do miracles. But it takes time. Cheers. You are still alive after all. Some are starving in the world