Out and about in heels!

scrappycoco

Well now that I have taken care of some fit issue's with my new heel's it's now time to get use to walking in them. when i first bought them i had a really bad problem of my foot sliding forward and thus making my heel slide out. well anyway i went to walmart and bought a pair of heel pads and some gel insole's for heels that keep the foot from sliding forward. I'm here to say they work great. They are from the Dr. Scholl's for her line. The only thing I have noticed is that they really don't seem to take much pressure off the ball of my foot. although I really have not had them in very long. If there is anyone out there with this same type of issue I would highly recomend these. When i get a chance i am going to take a few pic's of the shoe's there shelf and post in my album so people can see what they look like in the shoe. I can't wait to wear these shoe's out and about. they are sure to bring some comment's and attention. :)

Guilty as charged. Apologies. Moving on. Concerning the gel pads, yes they are a good thing and I have used them myself. I do find they do move as the little sticky pad and the heat and moisture in the shoe don't help at all. Maybe just my experience. Solution was once I had found the right position and that really is sopmething you have to find out for yourself, then I superglued them in. I also invested in some heel grips. Two types out there, gell and suede. I have had much better results with the suede type over the gel ones. Suede being unafected by the heat or any moisture whereas the gel get slippy as soon as there is any moisture around. Simon

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Scrappycoco:-) Doing like you said and ignoring the t-shirt, I think that the skirt, Suntan hose, and shoes go very well together and look great on you. They should go well with your jeans also. Bubba's wife said that they were only for dress-up but I have seen many a woman wearing them with a similar skirt and even under jeans. I like the look myself. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok to kind of just give everyone an update on my outing's I have had a few of them since my last real out and about post. So I'll start again with a few. Once again I had to go to the dentist to witch this time it was a new office. The last dentist was a specilist and this one is just a general dentist. In this office it is owned and operated by a female dentist, to witch she has one other female and one male that work's under her. Most of the people that work in the office are women. The first time I went in I did not wear any heel's since I was kind of feeling the place out. The first thing I noticed was that everyone in the office including the 2 female Dr. was wearing heel's. So the light bulb came on. My next trip witch was for a cleaning I figured I would wear some heel's in there just to see what they would say since they all wear female. Of course that day I had a migrane too witch everyone kept asking me if I was ok. Witch I was my head was just killing me. The out fit I chose to wear was black dress pant's, my mj's, suntan hose, and a dress shirt. When I sat down in the chair for the cleaning the first thing the hygenist said was I love your shoe's they are cute to witch I said thank's. She then asked me if I was wearing hose to witch I told her yes! I figured it was kind of dumb to lie about it since it was obvious! later in the cleaning the question came out " Are you Gay?" to witch i said NO! I then told her my tought's and she was cool with it. She said "It's nice to see a man that is not afraid to think out side of the box." She then asked "Do you wear anything else?" I asked "Like what?" she said "Other womens clothing?" to witch I said " I do not wear bra's no need for that, do not wear panty's I do how ever wear skirt's?" she then said she would love to see me in one next time I come in. I told her I might just depend's on my mood that day. We talked some more about why I dress the way I do. To witch after I explaned my thought's on the subject to her she then said "Well if you where single and I seen you out in a club dressed how you dress I would deff go out with you. She said it take's alot of self confidence to dress how you want as a man." After I was done with the cleaning I went to set up my fallow up and then me and the lady's talked about me wearing heels and they all loved it. Now those MJ's are mild compaired to my 2 newest pair. To witch I haven't gotten a chance to get in there with those on. On my last vist to them right before I left the area I went in my work uniform and they where all kind of dissapointed that I didn't wear heels. So I can say I will most deff wear heels in there again. Now on to my next adventure. So in one of my prev post I made the comment about not being ready to wear my fioni pumps out and about cause I wasn't use to walking in them. Well I came home for the weekend from where I am working at right now and when I drove home I decied to wear my new pumps home. The thing I did to keep my self from taking them off and chickening out so to speak was I brought these shoe's and a pair of sneakers home with me too witch I left the sneakers in the trunk of the car. So low and behold on my 3 hr trip I had to stop and take a leak. It was dark so it was really hard to see the shoe's and much too my surprise these shoe's are not very loud when walking. I walked in the men's room did my thing as I was standing there a rather gruff looking guy came in he didn't pay no mind too my shoe's until I started to walk out of the men's room and he heard them. Too witch I got a really nasty look. Oh well! Anyway my last day home I figured I would wear them out on a shoping trip with the family. I wore dark blue jean's, a semi dressy shirt, suntan hose and my pump's. Went about my bizz with out any issue's. Even went to a sit down resteraunt to eat and no one paied no never mind. Trust me when I sat down it was obvious what type of shoe's I was wearing. Of course my wife was pissed. After we got home and on the trip home I said did you see anyone giving me funny look's or pointing fingure's to witch she said no. We carried on a breif conversation about it and that was that. Over all I am at a point now where I am wearing heel's when ever I want and where I want as long as it fit's the situation. The only thing I have not done was put the skirt and heel's together. I will try to keep everyone posted on my outing's when I have them.

Scrappycoco:-) Congrats! Sounds like you are doing well with your public heeling and matching your outfits with it and the occasion. At last you are dressing your way and liking doing it. Reading of your heeling adventures makes for a good read. Keep us all up on your progress as your adventures occur. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Sounds like good outings, thanks for sharing them. I have been to the dentist wearing strappy heeled sandals with no word from the doctor or the hygienist. I figured I might as well make the best of an otherwise dull and unpleasant experience and wear comfortable shoes. Never have figured out why people assume you are gay just because you wear heels. As if most, if not all, gay men wear women's clothing (NOT!).

well radiodave, I think that its the "connection" with the heels as a PERCEIVED "womens only" fashion being that the STEREOTYPE male "isnt supposed" to be seen wearing them hence such ignorace about why heels ARE worn in the first place, & WHO really wore them in the begining (men did originally) such things are forgotton with time intirely it seems!:)

Greetings Scrappycoco:-)

Well done on your outings !

Now wondering if I would wear heels on my next visit to the dentist...

OK, now you've got me thinking about this too:smile:

Greetings Scrappycoco:-)

Well done on your outings !

The hygienist is very open minded: I guess she must be quite young.

Now wondering if I would wear heels on my next visit to the dentist...

Actually she was very close to my age and single.:)

I wore my oxfords to the dentist, sadly no one paid attention or mentioned them, even when on full view with the lady dentist and her nurse. You mentioned your wife was " pissed" after the meal, does this mean she is not comfortable with your heels? Mine grudgingly accepts, but will lay down the law on times, and I try to consider her view unless it's totally silly.

totter along into history

You mentioned your wife was " pissed" after the meal, does this mean she is not comfortable with your heels?

Mine grudgingly accepts, but will lay down the law on times, and I try to consider her view unless it's totally silly.

Yes she was not happy. She is so worried about someone seeing me and making fun of me for being me. She has this thing where she think's that she has to protect and defend me. Why I don't know cause I have never gave her the impression that I need some one to defend me. After all I am a guy I just don't get in people's face about thing's like she does. I pick and choice my battle's.

Actually she was very close to my age and single.:)

You are right about putting the :P icon at the end of your reply.

This means you can look but not touch... :sad:

Otherwise your wife will have another big reason to be mad at you or worst ...

Be carefull and happy heeling !

It seems to me that you have no choice to wear heels to the dentist's office on your next visit. I have found that once people have seen me in heels in various places they *expect* in the future. Also, in my opinion, when people ask you if you are gay, its simply a reflex reaction, simply trying to categorize you in terms they understand. Personally, I don't find that reaction offensive as much as I do personal. When you just meet somebody, asking if they are gay is like asking them who they vote for or if they have a secret bank account. Simply put my, its just a rude question. As for her saying she would love to see you in a club dressed like that, don't believe it. When I have interacted with women then saw them out later, once the curriosity has passed they often (with their group of friends) just blow you off anyway. My advice is to enjoy your outings and NEVER read too much into them.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 1 month later...

Ok I know I haven't posted in awhile cause I really haven't had any outing's of late that where much of anything. I have how ever had a chance to give my foini pumps a spin and my new lei mj's a spin. Here are my outing's. When I came back around memorial day I wore my pump's home on the drive. On the way home I had to stop and go to the men's room. I walked in and did my thing while I was there wasing my hands a man and his son walked in and did there thing. Not a word was said. On the way out a man was sitting out side his car not paying much attention until he heard my heels and looked and seen it was me. This guy was the type of person that I would consider a rough neck. He gave me a real nasty look. I just got in my car and drove away and paid him no never mind! Over the weekend we decided to do some running around. Well it just so happens I left my sneakers in my hotel. So that left me with no choice but to wear heels:smile:. Anway we went to a few store's and no one even batted an eye. My wife didn't even notice I had my heels on until about 10 min after we where walking around in the store. She didn't like it but she also didn't say anything. After we where done shoping we decided to go out to eat. Now when we went into the resteruant I walked by a table that had a family sitting there and the wife looked down at my shoe's and just grinned. When I sat down too eat it was hard to hide my heel's. The waitress as I was leaving with out my wife hearing said too me I love those heel's where did you get them I told her pay less and we left. :wave: When I got home I talked to my wife about the day and she was kind of surprised that one it took her as long as it did to notice I was wearing heel's and too that no one noitced nor did they care. My latest trip was with my new lei mj's. We decided to go to a flea market and do some looking around. I figured this would give me a chance to give them a spin. I walked for a long time in these heels. My feet never really hurt after I was done but for some reason my calf's and thigh muscle's where hurting like hell. I think that was beacause I have never worn heel's for that long that are over 3 " nor have I walked that much in them. what do you guy's think? Over all I feel I had a good few outing's. I hate to say it but I only have maybe 4 pairs of mens shoes 3 of witch are work related. The rest of my shoe's are women's even my sneaker's.

Nice outings scrappycoco: Thanks for sharing !

You said "I hate to say it but I only have maybe 4 pairs of mens shoes..."

Maybe you should have said "I'm happy to say I only have maybe 4 pairs of mens shoes..." :wave:

I've got only 1 pair of MENS shoes, they are "dress" type shoes & are are @ least as comfotable as my WOMENS reeboks (black "princess" style for mostly work) or MORE so, which for mens shoes being THAT good on your feet is really saying somthing for them I think, since MOST mens footwear is almost NEVER as comfortable as womens footwear!:wave:

• 2 weeks later...

Well i figured i would give you all another update on my most recent outing. Once again i had to take my kia into get some minor things fixed on it. The last time i went in there with the car i wore my low heeled mj's. No one said a word since i wasn't there really that long cause they where to give me a loner. I went did what i had to do and left. Now as i walked through i did see a few people look but nothing was ever said. Well anyway on this trip i decided i was going to wear my new mj's in there. I wore a pair of jeans, a shirt that was black and gray, i also wore black trouser socks to they to keep the shoes as low key as possile since the jeans i was wearing didn't hide much of the shoe. When i wear these shoes in place like a car dealer the echo real loud when i walk. They heel sound is not as noticeable outside. Anyway this time in i had to wait for my car since it was only getting some minor stuff done. I sat outside for most of the time then after it got to hot out i came inside. I sat there for quite ahwile as soon as i sit you could see my shoes plane as day. I had a few of the workers do some duble takes, but never really said anything. Well the service manager came out to get me as we where walking out to my car we walked by a sales manager that was a male and a female worker. As i walked by talking to the manager i heard the guy say too the women a soft as he could. Look that guy is wearing women shoes. She some what defended me by telling him i seen him earlier and they look good on him, and besides he walks and wears them better than i do. I just kind of grinned to myself and kept walking. If i would have been by myself i would have said something to him but since i wasn't i couldn't. I just thought it was funny he was trying to make fun of me infront of a female coworker and she brought him down a level. Well hope u guys enjoy reading. I would post a picture i have been to lazy to get my camera out.

Another nice outing scrappycoco :-)

I like the reply from the female sales manager: I'm sure next time the guy will keep his mouth shut !

Good for him and good for you !

I'm not sure I understand when you say "If i would have been by myself..."

You were still yourself except you were wearing heels.

I assume you wanted to say something like "If I was not wearing heels..."

• 5 weeks later...

Ok so it's been awhile since I have really spent sometime out and about in heels. I got a chance to put miles on my LEI MJ's today. Me and the wife need to do some running around (Yes I said My wife) so I decided to wear a pair of jeans, a black dress shirt that had some shine to it, and suntan hose. Are first stop was a place where I didn't need to go into. after that we went to eat. the place we went was packed and we had to walk past a lot of people. My LEI's make alot of noise as soon as I hit a certian type of floor. No one really looked until we sat down at are table next to two older women and a man. the man didn't pay me no never mind, but the one women on the other had i noticed her several diffrent time's look at my shoes. I heard her turn to her one friend at one point and tell her friend as quitly as she could that she really liked my shoe's. She never said anymore after that. are next stop was a store where me walking through this store with these shoe's made a lot of noise. as i walked past this one lady looking for my wife she looked down at my shoe's. the next thing i know she was walking behind me every where i went. now if she was fallowing me it didn't bother me, espescially since heels make my butt look good!:) LMAO are next stop was yet another uneventful stop at a grocery store. we did are thing there and no one even paid a bit of attention. i think my wife is starting too see that no one even really pays attetion to me wearing heels so she really doesn't say much about it. so over all my outing's of late have been great with no issue's to speak of. i am really getting to like wearing heels mainly for the fact that i like being taller than my wife!:)

Another nice outing scrappycoco :-)

I like the reply from the female sales manager: I'm sure next time the guy will keep his mouth shut !

Good for him and good for you !

I'm not sure I understand when you say "If i would have been by myself..."

You were still yourself except you were wearing heels.

I assume you wanted to say something like "If I was not wearing heels..."

What i was getting at was that if I would have not been talking to the service manager I would have turned and said something to him weather I was in heels or not! To me heels are no more than a pair of shoe's. Nothing more.

• 1 month later...

Well I figured thatvi would give an update on my last outing. The other day I went to see mu new counslar. It has been over a year since I seen one. My last one had quit and moved on else where but had transferred my file to the new one. So I knew she would read up on everything that was in there. At first when I got cleaned up I was going to wear heels, then I changed my mind mainly cause I was worried about what the new one who by the way is female too would think. After giving it some fought I said well if she read my file I knew she would see that I wear skirt and heels. Anyway I choice to wear my 4" patient leather pumps with black dress pants and a shirt with black groused socks. When I went in there was no one in the waiting room. After she was done with her patient she came out to get me she never said a word. So as we are sitting there talking we got on the subject of me, skirts, heels and my wife. We where talking and she lookd at me and said I give you credit cause there was no way I could where those and you walked and handle your self great. We talked about some other issues. As I was leaveing her next patient was waiting in the lobby. As I was leaving said to me I love your shoes they look good on you. So over all I had a good visit with my new counslar. I think we will get along great.

Scrappy.... My wife and I go out together in heels too. Sometimes we even wear matching pairs!! It's fun, and never has been a problem. Sounds like we both have cool wives! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Scrappy.... My wife and I go out together in heels too. Sometimes we even wear matching pairs!! It's fun, and never has been a problem. Sounds like we both have cool wives! sf

My wife does not wear heel's unless she absolutley has too. She really don't care much for me wearing heel's. Some days she complain's about it and then other's she does not. I think it just depends on what type of mood she is in.

Well The other day I went to see mu new counslar.

I think your decision to wear heels to your counseling session was great. Your thinking that she was already aware that you wear heels from reading your file is right on the mark. So, she probably expected you to show up wearing a pair of women's shoes.

You've mentioned in the past that you were seeing a counselor. What is she trying to deal with? Is your cross dressing a major point in your discussions?

There are quite a few members that have sought the advice from counselors about their cross dressing and wearing woman's shoes and, from what they've told me, the bottom line of their discussions was that the counselor could not convince the patient to quit but only how to handle their cross dressing, making them more comfortable in their own mind and removing the idea that the practice was wrong.

I wonder if this is also your experience?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think your decision to wear heels to your counseling session was great. Your thinking that she was already aware that you wear heels from reading your file is right on the mark. So, she probably expected you to show up wearing a pair of women's shoes.

You've mentioned in the past that you were seeing a counselor. What is she trying to deal with? Is your cross dressing a major point in your discussions?

There are quite a few members that have sought the advice from counselors about their cross dressing and wearing woman's shoes and, from what they've told me, the bottom line of their discussions was that the counselor could not convince the patient to quit but only how to handle their cross dressing, making them more comfortable in their own mind and removing the idea that the practice was wrong.

I wonder if this is also your experience?

No I started seeing a counselor to help me control my stress levels. It was suggested by my Dr due to me ha img a lot of migraines. At some point with seeing the first lady we some how got on the subject when she noticed me warring nylons with mend shoes and pants. She asked me about it so we started talking about it more. I was wearing skirts at the time just not out in public. I never entended on things going like that but they did. Now when I started see this new one it was not anything to do with the heels and skirts. It was more do to stress and what not. I was kind of hesitant on wearing what I did cause I was unsure of how she would react, but I also knew she would read my file from when I seen the last lady. I was just pleasantly surprised with are descussion. So I hope this sheds some light on why I started seeing a counselor.