Out and about in heels!

scrappycoco

Well, I finally broke down and wore my heels out and about. Didn't get no comment'sI did get a few look's escpecially from one girl in an office store I went to she made it a point to come over and take a look at me then talk to me afterwards. Over all a fairly good outing!

• Like 2

Way to go! The first time is always the hardest and only makes you enthusiastic for the next time. If you don't mind, please share with us a description (possibly a picture) of what you wore, the heels you wore, etc. Congratulations on your first outing!

Style is built from the ground up!

scrappycoco: See? It wasn't all that intimidating or frightening, was it? You wore your heels in public and the world didn't come to an end. Made you wish you had done it sooner, eh? Bravo to you! Now that you've got that very first outing under your belt, I'm sure more will come.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Scrappycoco:-) I concur with what Happyfeat and the others have said. Congrats! Now that you know just what fun you can have wearing heels in public, make sure that the next time is very soon and keep on doing what comes naturally. Wearing heels out in public whenever and whereever. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...

Well ok i thought i would give a little up date. First the outfit I wore was men's arazona jeans, a mans shirt, nude hose, the heels are a t-strap heel I bought from meijer. They have about a 3.5" with about a .5" platform. I would post a picture on here but my kids broke my digital camera. So now for another outing. I had to go to a swimming pools store today. So I figured it would be a good day to wear heel's. My outfit today was a pair of men's arazoina jean's, a black and grey button shirt with a colar, suntan hose and the same tstrap heels, they are the only one I have ;) . I walked into the pool store and a few of the worker's looked up but didn't say anything. With the jeans I wear it's hard to see the heels. Most of what you can see is the open parts inbtween the strap. and some of the heel. As I was in there some people came in and went. Some with kids not a word was said. I did what I had to do and left. Now as I was leaving the poeple that I bought the stuff from carryied it out to my car and they where behind me, so I know the could see my heels as I walked. I just walked to my car and opened the trunk and let them put the stuff in the trunk. Nothing was said so over all it was a good day for as short as it was! I wish I could post a pic but I can't.

• 4 weeks later...

Well just a bit of an update. The other day I need to do some shpoing trying to find a better video card for my desktop Pc. So I figured I would wear heel's out and about. The outfit I put together consisted of men's cloth's except for the hose and heels. I wore a silver mesh type shirt, a pair of arazona jean's that are long enough to cover heel, black pantyhose, and my t-strap heel's from rampage. Over all i thought I looked good. My first stop was staples hoping that they would have what I was looking for. Witch to my surprise they didn't. So I was going to go to my local best buy and see if they had it but they where not open yet. So I stoped and got me something to drink and decided to go sit down by the water where I live and think abot life. I sat there for quite awhile just thinking and relaxing. As I was getting ready to leave a man was walking down the sidewalk to the rocks to go fishing. I never really heard him say anything, he did look though. I walked back to my car with nothing said or any strange looks even though there where not many people out! My next stop was my local goodwill to look for a few new skirt's. I by most of my thing's from there just cause of the price. I found 2 new skirt's one is a cargo skirt, and the other is a jean skirt. Both skirts stop at or just above the knees. I walked in and looked around found what I wanted and went and payed for them. The women that checked me out didn't say a word about me bying the skirts. So from there I left and went back to my best buy and they still where not open. So I went home and chilled for ahwile. Before I went back into town I changed my clothing since I knew my wife would be going with me and she does not like me wearing heel or skirts. So for the most part my day was uneventful and wouldn't you know the vid card a bought wouldn't work in my pc. oh well! Here are some pics of how I looked. I have a dentist app to day i may wear heels to that have not decied yet! We will see.

post-18403-133522889585_thumb.jpg

post-18403-1335228896_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522889612_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522889628_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522889646_thumb.jpg

Nice outing! The shoes are good for street heeling because they wouldn't typically attract too much attention are are pretty casual and stylish. I have always had good luck with Rampage footwear since I can typically go down a size and find a better selection. I love thrift store shopping and have bought mote than my share of skirts and bottoms in them. Nice outing!

• 1 month later...

Well thanks for all the good comment's! I have a new update to me out and about that I think all will enjoy! 9/17/09 Well I started out my day knowing i had a dentiest app in the afternoon, I so enjoy going to the dentist! So I need to do some running around taking care of some thing before the app. I had already decided that I was going to wear heel's to the app. but didn't want to wear hose! So is started my day in my local walmart where they had a bunch of trouser socks on clearance. I bought 2 diffrent pair of those and somemore hose, since I was almost out. Now when I was doing all this I wasn't wearing heels at this time since was about 7am. After getting all this done I went back home and got dressed. Outfit consited of a black and gray collored shirt, arazona mens jeans, some gray and black trouser sock's and my rampage t-strap heels. I went form my house to payless to look at a new pair of shoes. When I first walked in the sales lady noticed I had on heels and didn't say much too me. I went back and tryed on the shoes I had been looking for and end up bying them. I stood there for a few min talking to her and left. She never mentioned anything about the shoes I bought. I left and put my new shoes on in my car. After witch I had to stop and pick up some xrays when I walked in to the office there where people in there. 2 guys where talking and when I walked in they stoped talking for a few min and didn't say much until after I was leaveing. From there I went to stapels to mail out a item. No one said a word althought I did get some looks. So now it was on to the dentesit office. I walked in and at first no one could see I was wearing heels. Then come's time to go in for the vist. Yet not another word, until after I was done. As I was sitting waiting to talk the insurance lady the Dr came back out and said. "How can you walk in those?" to witch I said "Well I have been doing it for so long im use to it!" He then went on about how cool the shoes looked and wanted to know where I got them. I told him. Then comes time to talk to inssurance lady. As we where talking about my inssurance I made mention of how the dr like my shoes. she said "Why what are you talking about?" I pointed down under the desk to my shoes. She bent down and looked and just absoluty loved them. She said it was a little strange to see a man in heels but that they worked for me. She said what ever you do don't wear steleto's that in her oppion that just wouldn't work. So then they asked me to come back at 3pm to start my cleaning. When I went back the next lady didn't say much about my shoes until she said something about how the dr must really like me. I said "It was eather that or the shoes!" So then that got the conversation going off and on about the shoes. I told her why I wear heels and so on to witch she was really cool with it. She just couldn't believe that they where as comfortable as they where. After that I left and went home. So over all it was a great day and I got a lot of complaments about my new shoe's. I have posted a picture of the shoes and sock's I had on. When I get a chance I will post a picture of the whole outfit. In the process of moving again!:)

post-18403-133522892415_thumb.jpg

Great outing to be sure. I can sense by the tone of your postings that you are having more fun each time you go out in high heels and it sounds like you are finding more places to go wearing them. Thank you for sharing your outings with us and please keep us posted on future adventures.

i really like your new shoes :) that style would be fine for me too :) although already wore stilettos and sandals outside, my friends know it, just in 1 case got really negative reaction(one ugly gal- she think she is beautiful, but i think she got broken nose few times(who care yeah?) and really not so pritty face for gal, she likes really ugly and cheap stiletto heels and think she is da best, lol) my grandma get used of it, she likes it, my best friends mother has nothing against, and of cuz my friends also :) my ex think its fine to walk in them and its helps my back too(used to be a bit ache on it) i hope my next ma'am would be so understanding too :smile: PS sorry about my bad English(some worlds i dono is it right or not)

every human has they own choices...

That's a fantastic outing! The dentist is one place I haven't worn heels, so I commend you on your confidence. It is quite a rare thing to have a guy be so supportive of heels on an outing, which makes me believe that there are a lot of men out there who would wear heels if they thought they thought it would be more acceptable or simply if the thought ever occurred to them. Again, a FANTASTIC outing! I am looking forward to your next update.

Ok so once again I went out and about and have been wearing my Mary Janes most of the day. There is a little story behind the outfit that i chose to wear. I don't know about most of the guys here but when I tey to put something together that I think would look good with heel's I kind of take my style que's from the other gender :chuckle: The other day I was picking up a patient at a local hospital to take back to a skilled care facility. I seen this charge nurse that had an outfit on I thought looked really nice on her. It wasn't fancy but looked good. It consited of a pair of kaki pant's, a plane black shirt, suntan hose and low and behold a pair of mary jane's. So that got me to thinking. I wonder if I could pull off something like that only wearing mostly men's clothing IE pants and shirt. So today was the day that I had to leave to go play air craft mech for the air force. I need to get my hair cut since it was quite bushy! So I figured today would be a good day to try and see if I could pull something like that off. So I put this outfit togehter. I had my black mary jane's, kakiki pant's, a black shirt I had to match the shoe's and some suntan panty hose. I got clean up and dressed and left to get my hair cut. Did I forget to mention that I love these shoes! Anyway The place where I get my hair cut is in my local mall the same mall I bought the shoes from. I have been in this mall a few time's to get my hair cut and have worn a skirt! Never really much was said about it. So anyway a walked in got my hair cut and left. Not a word was said about my shoe's and as you can see from the picture's it clear that im not hiding my heels. I wore this outfit all day and didn't take off the shoes except for twice. once was to walk into the men restroom on the way to my base and the other was to check into my room for the weekend. I am really starting to like wearing heel's I think even more so than skirt's. :tear: The only thing I have not been able to do is put the 2 togehter. Oh well that's soon enough. I know my counslar has challanged me to push my "style" a little more. She told me she is looking forward to the day i come in wearing a skirt and heel's at the sametime. We shall see if that happens!:w00t2:

post-18403-133522893047_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522893059_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522893078_thumb.jpg

Nice look - conservative yet stylish. I too take some of my ideas for outfits from women, how can you not? I also get a lot of my ideas from other members here, as well as concoct things in my own head that I just decided to give a try. Freestyling is such a creative outlet for me and can be so much fun. If you see something you like, go for it! Also, I have found that getting a haircut (or any spa service for that matter) is a wonderful activity when out in heels. Though I have never had anybody mention my shoes while I have done so, I have noticed that I usually get better service when wearing heels. I think salons and spas attract more fashion forward people who are likely to accept or even like the look of people out of the ordinary. Great outing - keep us posted!

Great read and pics. I have never thought about getting my hair cut in heels. I may just have to try that in the future.

I too congratulate you on your pictures and outings. I started to get a haircut once while wearing high heels. I am pretty bold while wearing high heels in public. I guess the stylist looked so young and I just wasn't sure how she would react while giving me a haircut. One day I will go ahead and do it because I am bound-and-determined to do so.

You know the one thing that I do when I wear heels is just go anywhere I would if I was wearing men's shoe's. I mean after all in my mode of thinking they are just shoe's. It shouldn't really matter where I wear them. I mean how many women have you seen go to the dentist office in heels? or go get there hair done wearing heels. I guess my thinking is what's good for the goose is good for the gander. We as men are never going to break this stigma we carry about skirt, heels, and other fem thing's until we just put the stuff on and wear it. I mean is that not how women gained acceptance for wearing pants? They just wore it! So i guess the best thing to say would be "When in Rome do as the roman's do!" or should I say "Women!" LOL:silly:

Just thought I would give yet another update, though I was not out in heel's. The other day I went back to the same pay less store with my wife looking for a pair of sneaker's. The same lady that was working the day I bought my MJ's was working. I was looking for some shoe's I like in a size 8 and couldn't find them. So I walked up to the counter to ask her if she had them. She said What they had was what they had. She said so you didn't find anything else you liked? I said i was only shoping for sneakers today. Well after looking I did find them after all. I went up to get them and asked her to mesure my foot to make sure the shoes I bought fit right and she messured my foot with the women's shoe thing. To witch I found kind of funny. I just thought you would get a kick out of that story.:chuckle:

• 2 weeks later...

October 16,2009 Well I had to go back into the dentist to get the last section of my mouth cleaned. So I figured why not wear heel's again. Well after rushing home from work I hurried and changed cloth's. I decided to try a more dressy look since my Mary Jane's are more of a dress shoe to speak. I wore black mens dress pant's, a striped shirt with some brown's and dark red's, of course my black Mary Jane's, for sock's I was thinking my charcoal gray trouser sock's but after thinking about it I decided to wear suntan pantyhose to work with the brown in the shirt. At first I was a bit nervious going back to the same dentist why I don't know. When I walked in there was a guy sitting there waiting in the waiting room. He looked down at my feet and shoes right away looked back up at me and then went reading his magazine. Shortly there after another guy came in and sat down in the chair right across from me. He never said a word or batted an eye. I went in and started my cleaning. The women that clean my teeth was a diffrent one. She never even asked me about my shoe's at all. Sitting in a dentist chair it was obvious what kind of shoes I had on. After I was done I walked out front to pay my bill and schedlue my fallow up. The lady that does the billing asked me how my shoe's where holding up. I told her great, she then asked me if I was wearing shock's I told her nope. So I don't think she could really tell I was wearing hose. Then as we where standing there talking someone I went through 36hr fire school with came in for an app. now with him being on the other side of the window he couldn't see my shoe's. I finished talking and left as I was walking by I said later to him. As I was walking to my car I looked back and cought a glimps of him looking out the window of the door. I would gather to say he was checking out my shoes. So for the most part it was a rather boring and uneventful trip. I did go from there to a gas station and fill my car with gas since I have to go do my millitary stuff this weekend. Here a re a few pic's of my outfit for the day.

post-18403-133522894049_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522894066_thumb.jpg

post-18403-133522894094_thumb.jpg

A nice outing. I think its pretty cool wearing your heels to the dentist. As for the hygienist not mentioning your shoes, though they would have been VERY obvious, some people mention them and some don't...just as some people are comfortable with a guy in heels and others aren't. But a very nice and BOLD outing.