Starring at female students, good or bad?

badger

I teach at a local college and find it very hard to concentrait on my lesson plan when students in the class are wearing high heeled boots. Whether the girls wear skirts or pants, it doesn't matter I keep starring at them. Is it wrong because I am twice their age? Should I wear sunglasses in class? Keep starring until someone complains or I get fired? If they were younger I wouldn't look, but they are of legal age and I love starring.

Everyone should wear boots!

What are you staring at, the girls or the boots? If it are the boots, age shouldn't matter If it are the girls and they are of age, there is no problem either. Just enjoy the beauty in life but don't forget you got some teaching to do as well. Just a bit more courage, summer is coming up and their boots will be stocked till next winter soon.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Why not announce that anyone wearing high heeled boots to class will get at least ½ point consideration on their test scores :wink: (Then, show up wearing a pair yourself.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I'd say there's nothing wrong with it. Just try not to make it too obvious. I don't like people to notice when I stare at their footwear. This is why I like my sunglasses so much, because they have totally reflective wrap-around lenses, which means I can stare all I like and they can't tell! :wink: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I am a teacher myself at one of Boston's large universities. I think you should employ tact in this situation. Many female students that "dress up" don't mind a slight bit of flatery, as long as it is all good natured, but you have to keep in mind that they see almost any teacher/instructor as having a position of power. As a result they will rarely have the courage to mention any behaviour that they find annoying. Glancing is good. Staring is looking for trouble.

I think the first part of Terrayon's post was good--mention that you have a "thing" for boots, then say "if you see me staring at you it's probably the boots you're wearing--consider it a complement on your excellent fashion sense. But by all means, if you find my staring objectionable, please don't hesitate to call me on it, surreptitiously after class, if you don't want anyone to know that you complained.", etc.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I guess staring at women wearing high heeled boots is acceptable as long as you aren't glassy-eyed and drooling with your tongue hanging out...... :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Unfortunately, the warm weather has arrived and my proble has gone away too. I'll teach this summer, but it will be all sneakers and flat sandles, which do nothing for me. I hope to keep teaching in the fall. I don't think I can give a bonus to girls wearing boots, atleast I can't announce it. I might try the subtle compliment approach. Thanks for the input.

Everyone should wear boots!

Sandals are nice. Especially the new styles with the pencil slim heels and the thin straps over the instep and around the ankles. If you're really into heels, go with the flow and start fixating on sandals. Besides, living in the "frozen chosen" hinterland of Wisconsin where winter isn't ever very far away, it will soon be boot time again. :wink:

I see the gals on my campus wearing a variety of shoes. I remember last semester I saw a young Japanese girl wearing 5" boots. Most of the time it's 3-4" sandals but that 5" boot was the highest I've seen in 6 years.

I wish I was a size 10