loose heel tip

hi all, today I just discovered that while wearing my NINE WEST blade heel boots around the house that my right heel tip came loose!;) (my mom pointed it out to me) does anyone in here know of some good glue for heel tips? it didnt come off, but this is a "warning" sign that it will in time, the left one seems to be OK (as far as I can tell that is) no such problem for my avitar/name pair though they are VERY sturdy! with a big heavy heel & sole to match you can see that DEMONIA boots (these platform style) will last. thanks, Brad

You need a glue that is not a super strong adhesive because eventually a cobbler will have to replace that heel tip with a new one, although a blade heel will last a little longer than a stiletto. I would avoid epoxy and go for something weaker like a rubber cement or hot glue. The choice of cement will also depend on what materials you are trying to stick together. I suggest you call a local cobbler and ask for advice, that might narrow the choice down from the 12,900,000 hits you get if you Google “adhesives”.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

<mod> Moving this thread to the "Shoe Repair and Modifications" forum as it's more related to that kind of thing. </mod>

Have a happy time!

I disagree with the advice! (sorry Thighbootguy:blinkbigeyes: ) If the heel has come lose its for a reason! either its worn or its fixings are at fault! why waist a few $ on glue & an advisory phone call to do a "fix" which might then cause complications for future repairs? Take them into a cobblers & get them re-heeled. it will probably cost about the same, but will be the correct repair for the job! you know it makes sense ;) Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

Two good, but conflicting peices of advice. The first thing that you need to evaluate is why the heel tip came loose. Sometimes a person favors one foot over the other and the non-favored foot/shoe gets some rough action. Most people who are right-handed tend to strike the right foot harder than the other, thus pre-maturely wearing out the sole and heel of that one shoe. If that's the case and the other shoe shows little sign or wear, then a tube of DuPont contact cement will probably fill the bill.

On the other hand (foot), if both shoes exhibit about an equal amount of wear, then Lee's advice would be worth considering. After all, there's little point in mending one shoe only to have to do it all over again on the other in a few days.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels