First Time In New Boots

Jay1

Hi everybody! With regards to the 3.5 inch knee high boots that I bought from Shoe Tailor recently; I went out in public wearing them for the first time today. Just a shopping trip to Birmingham. It was FANTASTIC!!! Although my ankles were hurting after a bit over three hours! :wink: They feel higher than they look but they were very nice to walk in. Wore them with leather jeans which looked great. No adverse reactions from anybody that I noticed except for when I slipped on some stairs, I got a couple of laughs but I can cope with that! I plan to repeat this excercise! See ya! Jay

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

if that's the only adverse reaction you had then you had a very good day :wink: glad to hear it :D a lesson for those who haven't taken the plunge, that it doesn't take a lot of encouragement to get out there and wear your heels with pride :D If Jay can do it, so can you! Thanks Jay for sharing this with us!

Nice one, Jay! You didn't mention to me you were off to Brum? I might have been able to be free and come with you!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Hi everybody!

Hi Doctor Nick!!! [sorry - Simpsons reference!]

No adverse reactions from anybody that I noticed except for when I slipped on some stairs, I got a couple of laughs but I can cope with that! I plan to repeat this excercise!

I hope you don't plan on repeating the slipping!? Was the slipping due to the footwear?

Congrats on a good day out! May you have many more!

SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

sometimes, I do, but for the most, people just don't bother. It's usually the "I'm big and hard" or the "I'm a stupid little kid" types that ever give you any bother and only because they have no understanding of why anyone doesn't want to be like them! They are the people that generally go round causing trouble. we had a group like that, that used to walk down the street, shouting, jumping on the cars and kicking the wing mirrors off. Thankfully, they have stopped because a large number of them have been arrested and detained at Her Majesty's Pleasure! At least the car is safe now:) best reactions are when waiting in queues, where the people behind you get a better look. You get the best comments there :wink: Of course, you will always get the giggling girls, but even out of them you may get one of them asking why you wear them or how long did it take you to learn to walk in them or where you got them. If you're lucky you may get asked what shoe size you are and may end up trying each others :D that's the best of the lot, but it's only happened to me twice :D

Hi SH! In answer to your question, I don't plan on slipping in them again but then you never know do you? It was the boots that caused me to slip! I was walking on some steps in an indoor mall. The steps had a tiled or that fake-marble-type surface and the soles of my boots are competely smooth and very slippy! I turned on the steps and as i did the soles just began to slip and slide and if it wasn't for a handrail I would have gone arse over tit! It was embarrassing but I can cope with that! Hope that answers your question! Jay

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

• 2 weeks later...