Hotel Adventure

Henri

Everyone knows that I heels while at the hotel on business. Because of few of the guys here are an inspiration to all of us, like JeffB and Happyfeet and others; I decided to push the envelope from my perspective. The weather was nice last week and decided it was a good day for shorts. Unfortunately, I have not done the Skirt thing in public yet. I'm still trying to work up the nerve to do that. But I must consider that these hotel trips are business trips and I do have to be conservative. However, I felt that I could get away with a shorts outift. I wore a stripped oxford shirt, tan chino shorts, nude hose and 5" bone colored stilletos from Aldo. I went to the Hotel Lounge around 530 PM on Tuesday. This is the night they have a three piece combo group and have quite a few patrons. The ladies at the table next to me loved the oufit. A couple came in and were looking for a place to sit and asked if they could sit at my table. She loved the heels and complimented me on my attitude to be my own person. The Hotel Owner and his wife came by and chatted. Kathy the said she loved my outfit. It was a great night. I did not get one derogatory remark. Thanks all for listening. Henri

post-8516-133522886584_thumb.jpg

post-8516-133522886597_thumb.jpg

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

Sounds like you had a great time! Kudos on coordinating some very nice heels to go with your outfit. It's such a liberating feeling, isn't it? SQ

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Sounds like a neat trip out. The outfit does look nice, as subtle as a guy in 5" pumps can. I do appreciate the casual nature also. Thank you very much for telling us about your night. Make sure it's not the last ;)

(formerly known as "JimC")

Great looking and well coordinated outfit and not that different from a skirt or skort. It sounds like you are at a comfortable hotel (knowing the owners) that is willing to tolerate their patron’s demonstration of “my attitude to be my own person”. I do think something got lost between the concept of conservative and wearing 5" bone colored stilettos. ;) Glad you had a good trip and thanks for sharing.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Henri...

Congratulations to you on your recent outing. That was a very well coordinarted and pretty outfit you were wearing. The only time I have worn high heels with shorts in public was when I tried on a pair of high heels in Target and walked up and down the ailse in them. No one even paid attention to me. Please keep sharing your stories with us and again, great job!

Bravo, Henri! Bravo! Sounds like you had a good time on your outing! And your outfit was positively smashing! Loved the pumps! I'm glad that you view me as an inspiration. I'm honored. Keep up the great work!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Henri, what a wonderful outfit! Your look really was clean and crisp and the heels look like a natural fit. I am quite envious of your legs my friend! I am always honored when somebody is inspired by my "feats," especially when they try something that transcends anything I ever considered doing. In that outfit, you are truly the inspiring one. Excellent.

Style is built from the ground up!

I applaud you for your courage and the tastefulness of your outfit. May you continue to enjoy. Being on the road can become very boring.

My feelings also. Nice outfit!!!;)

real men wear heels

Heri, a great look. But I am curious as to why, after looking at those pictures, you're not comfortable with a skirt? The shorts with those heels is not much different in appearance that a skirt, and actually might be likely to be more noticeable. This is, however, coming from someone that would never have the nerve to wears heels in the places you do, much less wear them so they stood out to that level! Keep on truckin'!

Heri, a great look. But I am curious as to why, after looking at those pictures, you're not comfortable with a skirt? The shorts with those heels is not much different in appearance that a skirt, and actually might be likely to be more noticeable. This is, however, coming from someone that would never have the nerve to wears heels in the places you do, much less wear them so they stood out to that level! Keep on truckin'!

I do wear skirts in private. I have not in public yet. I need to hear more from JeffB before I wear skirt and heels in public. Thank You for the support.

Henri

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

I do wear skirts in private. I have not in public yet. I need to hear more from JeffB before I wear skirt and heels in public.

Well, the only real different between a skirt and shorts is that the former has one less leg opening! HA! But seriously, wearing a skirt in public has been a great deal easier and less complicated than I could have anticipated, or imagined. I've worn skirts of every length from maxis to minis and had to trouble at all on outings, sure, I've gotten my fair share of stares here and there, but nothing more than that. If you're calm, cool and confident, affect an air of nonchalance, like it's no big deal, then wearing a skirt in public is just that, no big deal. As long as you sport something tasteful and sedate, you'll be surprised like I was at how little attention you'll get while wearing a skirt. Just like with wearing heels, ninety-nine percent of people around you are too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to pay any attention to a man wearing women's shoes. Go slow at first, don't rush into a crowded mall, try one out at a hotel and see what happens. From what I've seen of your past exploits, I think you can succeed in a skirt.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Henri:-) You certainly look fantastic in that outfit. I especially like your choice in heels. And a great pair of legs for a 67 year old to have. Heels and pantyhose sure help the overall look and shape tremendously. Keep up the good work and keep reporting back to us all. Glad to have you back here again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!