Canton Ohio

johnieheel

I personally would not be in favor of heeling at an amusement park. It's not a good venue, in my opinion, because it's a casual place where people dress down - sneakers and flip-flops rule. You won't see many women in heels there, so men in heels would be just as inappropriate, I think. There may also be safety issues with some of the rides, I don't kow. And Radiodave points out a very critical dress rule that most of us didn't know about (Thanks, Dave!). So I would encourage us to find a different place. The previous heel meet in Canton was excellent, as we all agreed. Lunch at Ruby Tuesdays allowed us to get to know one another and break the ice. Then we went shoe shopping at DSW and at the big mall across the street. All of those places were great for heeling and I would encourage us to repeat the agenda, if not the venue. I would be open to other ideas, as long as they were places where heeling (for women) is appropriate. GWL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I go to the point quite often, always have since I was a kid. I do remeber hearing of that situation. I think there was a little more to it then just the fact that he was wearing a skirt. If I remeber right he was trying to pass him self off as a female witch would violate cedar point's no costume policy. I have seen many women over there wearing heels and have done so once my self. The shoes where a pair of boots with mostly a rubber heel and sole witch made it quite easy to walk in for the most part. No one said if we where to meet up at a place like this that we had to wear heels. I thought it would be kind of nice to meet up at a place like this where we could have fun and get to know each other with out throwing heels into the picture. I mean after all we all know we all wear heels so what would be the point of wearing them. I think these meet's are more about getting to know each other on a more personal level? I did email cedar point and ask them what would happen if I showed up to the park in a skirt or kilt. We shall see if I get a reply back. This sugestion was just some food for thought. Later all! The scrappycoco

Sorry but Cedar Point would not be a good place to go heeling around. I know because I work here. The location in Canton sounds very good or perhaps the restaurants and mall in North Olmstesd ,Great Northeren might be a good alturnative? I'm glad that there is more intrest in meeting I missed the first one and wish I could have been there so I'll be looking forward to Oct. Except the weekend of the 10th. Dr Who 3

I believe the idea of a heel meet is to be amongst others for moral support as a great opportunity for heeling in public and also to meet other heelers,Men and Women for a great time. A chance to get out in heels and do a little shopping and have some fun doing so. I have been to North Olmsted and have been heeling in the mall many times and even tried on and purchased heels with absolutely no problem. N. Canton on the other hand to me, is better centrally located for most of us and has also proven to be very welcome and open to men in heels. You all decide and if we choose Canton, Radiodave and I can set it up. If its ok with you Dave. TU for all your interests and all suggestions are definitely welcome.

real men wear heels

Sorry but Cedar Point would not be a good place to go heeling around. I know because I work here.

Well, my question for you dr who is do you live in the sandusky area? I ask this casue I live very close to cedar point and I think it would be great if we could meet up sometime if you live close. let me know.

Cedar Point was just a thought that's all. A place where we could meet up and have some good ol fashion fun. well later all.

I'm not disagreeing that cedar point wouldn't be a fun place to meet. In fact I have always wanted to go to an amusement park or zoo wearing heels just for the fun of it and maybe some of us can make this happen in the near future so do not give up on the idea.;)

real men wear heels

Well I fired off an email to cedar point to ask them about wear a kilt/skirt to cedar point just to see what kind of response I would get and here is what they said. From Peggy Bertsch To Steve Gwinner Steve, Thanks for asking prior to your visit. I just checked with our general manager and he said a kilt would be acceptable. I am wondering what you mean by non-traditional kilt versus a traditional kilt. We vision a traditional kilt worn by men in Scotland. We hope you enjoy your visit. If you run into any problems, please stop by park operations next to kiddy kingdom and we will help you out. I will make sure that our police department and admissions department are aware of your visit. If you could please let me know when you plan to visit, we will be better prepared. So with that being said. I did a little looking into what someone had mentioned about that person. That person was removed from the park because they came in dressed as a women not as a man wear skirt or heels. To me that would be a violation of there no costume rule. Just a little more info incase anyone may be interested. PS They do have an unoffical gay day there too. Witch if you have never been there when it is going on you have no clue of some of the stuff you see. Not that I mind, to each there own. Food for thought for anyone that may be interested.

Thanks for your reaserch and investigative time applied. Very interesting. Now, I just wander how they would react to men in jeans, t shirts and heels. Is there a safety issue with wearing high heels in the park for men or women ect.? Or any other reason they would not let me in wearing heels? I suppose I could find out by taking an extra pair of flats or tennis shoes and go in wearing heels to see if anyone say's anything. What do you think?

real men wear heels

• 3 weeks later...

OK, here's the deal. Heel meet in Canton Ohio in Oct. Help us to choose a Saturday. Not halloween. Preferably one of the first 3 weeks. I will arrange where to meet etc.

real men wear heels

Johnieheel:-) October the 10th would be perfect for Mickey and I and besides heeling, you all could help me celebrate my 75th Birthday for the 14th. Will you still uphold the rule of no skirts or dresses on the men? I think that you may get more girls attending if you stick to that rule. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn, rule still applies and the 10th is ok with me but subject to change as always. Celebrating you 75th birthday would be a great reason to have it on the 10th and we could also celebrate mine for the 16th. Anybody else in Oct that would be interested in celebrating their BD in heels in Canton Ohio on the 10th? Please note that this will be the 2nd annual heel meet and bd party combined. Time and place will be decided in plenty of time for planning.

real men wear heels

Sorry I don't think I will be able to make it. If we can get enough funds my group is planning a concert that night so I'll need to be preping for it that day. However if we don't get the funds it is posible I could make it if I can get out of work that day. About what time would you-all be meeting? Dr Who 3

Unless anyone has other ideas, I suggest we meet at 11:30 at Ruby Tuesday's, have a leisurely lunch, and head off to DSW and the big mall across the street, just like we did last year. Johnie and Ruth, you know the area better than any of us, so if you know of other places that we might try this year, please suggest them. GWL

My wife might come after all. She found out today that the event that conflicted with her attendance at the heel meet is really the following Friday, so there is no conflict. Tell Ruth she can't chicken out now! GWL

Johnieheel!!! Listen, why can't the ladies that belong to the HH Place attend also. (not just the ones that post on the men's topics), but the ladies that God forbid anyone should post on their topics. Do any of them read the men's postings? Do you all understand what I mean?. MAYBE THEY NEED TO BE INVITED!! TOOTLES!!! Mickey68

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Johnieheel!!!

Listen, why can't the ladies that belong to the HH Place attend also. (not just the ones that post on the men's topics), but the ladies that God forbid anyone should post on their topics. Do any of them read the men's postings? Do you all understand what I mean?.

MAYBE THEY NEED TO BE INVITED!!

TOOTLES!!!

Mickey68

Everyone who wants to come is invited. More the marrier!

real men wear heels

So 11:30 at Ruby Tuesdays in Canton on Oct 10th ...is that a confirmed date and time?? I've got a long way to travel to join u all...don't want a wasted trip. My lady friend will be along too ...in heels.

i'm even going to to try to be there in heels

That would be great. Bring a friend. BTW we will all be in heels.:) and remember, no skirts for the men please. There are some women who would feel a little uncomftorable. This is about heels, not cross dressing. We can plan a skirt and heel meet another time or maybe one of you who are into skirts could plan something of that nature at a later date.:)

real men wear heels

CONFIRMED! Wife and I stopped in Ruby Tuesdays today while in Canton, both of us in heels, and spoke with the manager (Shannon). She herd all about our last heel meet and is absolutely thrilled:w00t2: to have us back on the 10th of Oct. She said if there is anything at all we need or she can help us with, just give her a call. She seemed very excited about the whole thing.:)

Then we went over to DSW and the mall along with a couple other places, still both of us in heels and never got a second look.

I will need to know a week or two before the 10th of Oct aprox. how many will possibly show. It's going to be a great time so if you can tear yourself away from your every day drab boring same ol same ol, come to the 2nd annual Canton Ohio heel meet in October.:)

BTW this is what I wore all day.

post-3305-133522890612_thumb.jpg

post-3305-133522890616_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels