Jeans, heels and hose

candice

You and me both, Candice. It's just tastes that go great together! I love wearing jeans and heels, and never go without my hosiery! :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Hosiery is a matter of hygiene IMO and I would only not wear hose with sandals with plenty of circulation. With jeans I normally wear popsocks or knee highs as I find the heat on my thighs a little uncomfortable especially with my penchant for stretch jeans.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Skinny jeans and high heels are the most ubiquitous look for girls in England (and Me). Skinny jeans show off your amazing shoes. Skinny jeans are basically a pair of big arrows that point at your shoes.

post-9545-133522885839_thumb.jpg

This reminds me of a funny story. A couple winter's ago, I went to go pick up my friend and her friend for drinks. I was wearing a long sleeve top, jeans with pumps and barefoot. I took them off to have a drink with them first. Now her friend probably didn't know I wore heels. She asked me "isn't it a little cold to go barefoot?" To which I replied "well, if you can't wear pumps with socks". And she was just "ya, ur right, but try pantyhose next time because those will keep you warm". It was like it wasn't even an issue at all - she didn't even bat an eye! lol

Greatings Candice :-)

In my area (Montreal) I see only 1 out of 10 women wearing hose with heels and jeans.

Most of them are barefoot. I see more women wearing hose with skirt (even in summer)

...Skinny jeans show off your amazing shoes...

I agree with you. BTW, the picture is very nice. A perfect example !

This reminds me of a funny story...

Thanks canadianbeaver for sharing your story. I like it very much. I wish it would happen to me !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I almost always wear pantyhose, thigh-hi's or knee-hi's with jeans and heels. I especially like boots both knee-hi and ankle types. I also wear pumps with 2 1/2-3" heels. I really like my Bass patent leather ankle booties.

Hi Candice, I think you might be right, could be because of our 5+months of cold winter weather in Canada, but even during the spring and fall lots of women are sporting more hose and tights. I guess both genders are wearing them, certainly the trend it seems. I was in Phoenix AZ in June a while ago and was shocked to see women wearing hose under nice shorts in 40c weather, they were also indoors but in that heat I would have baked. It is a nice trend I think. Mtnsofheels

• 2 months later...

Heels and jeans go well together but i normally either wear kneehigh nylons with pumps and boots, or bare with strappy heels. If it's cold, i wear this kind of thermal underwear that's a mesh of cotton and spandex. It is skintight and warmer than hose. No one in the US apparently uses it because i can't find it anywhere. I usually have to get it shipped from China.

I would never wear full length hose with jeans. I always wear pop socks with them (knee highs) Just be careful you don't get caught out wearing them before you go swimming or worse still entertaining after a date.

• 1 month later...

DanielP6406:-) I wear pantyhose in the Summer too which helps wick away your sweat from your legs and feet without that wet slippery sliding into the toe-box feeling. I never have a problem with my foot sliding into the toe-box and everything stays put where it belongs and your legs and feet feel dry. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I'll wear thigh high pantyhose or perhaps thin trouser socks with jeans and tennis shoes, boots, and closed toe pumps. If I wear jeans and open-toed pumps or wedge heel sandals then open-toe pantyhose work well. You get the feel and ventilation of regular pantyhose but you can show your painted toes to the world because where the nylon material ends is covered by the vamp pf the shoe over foot. They work well! If you want to show off your lower leg AND toes wearing a really high-heel shoe then wear some capri jeans with either open-toe hose OR some really sheer hose.Both the full height of your heels and your lower leg are now exposed. This is only for the very confident! :smile:HappyinHeels

I also wear sheer knee-hi's with heels in the summer. I especially like the jet black color of No-Nonsense knee-hi's' They go very nice with Black Patent heels that I wear often. I also wear knee-hi's with open toe shoes and some sandals. I like the way the dark red color of my toe nail polish shine through the knee-hi's. This summer I have been wearing a dark red color of polish on my toes. I like the color very much and have had nice compliments from women on their appearance. I have also worn a dark purple color which is a favorite of my wife. We have worn matching colors on our feet several times this summer.

I almost never wear hosiery of any sort with jeans - particularly in warmer months. However, when I do I prefer trouser socks or patterned knee highs. On the flip-side, I would seldom wear dress trousers without hosiery and prefer pantyhose or thighs with such an outfit. For me, the difference is formality - jeans are more casual and nylons just clash too much whereas dress trousers require a more finished look. Besides, some of the skinny jeans that I wear leave little room between my skin and the jeans for anything else. In some cases they are tight enough to be leggings.

Style is built from the ground up!

i have to say i don't normally wear hosiery either.... maybe i should be judging from the response on here.... i just like the look of flesh in between my skinny jeans and the heels (pumps) or ballet flats.... may be i gotta get some pop socks....