Small feet / High Heels

High Surprise

Do you agree smaller feet look better in High Heels?  

529 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree smaller feet look better in High Heels?

• 5 years later...

I agree with most on here that the heel height has to be proportionate with the foot size. I wear a size 6 US and my roomie she wears a size 9 US and a four" heel looks much more intense on me than it does on her....you know?

• Like 1

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

i just love this! i am new here, but clearly i am in the right place. in my search for the perfect, wearable 6" high heel shoe (i wear size 7.5 US), i have spent quite a few hours at my computer armed with a t-square and a protractor. my friends think i am out of my mind! well, maybe...but i see i am in good company! thank you! my findings are along a SLIGHTLY different line...i have found 6" heel shoes with the heel meeting the shoe at anywhere from a 30 degree angle up to, i believe, a 50 or 55 degree angle. it is my theory that the greater the angle, the greater the comfort and wearability...i am presently attempting to verify this theory in real life. costly, to say the least. to answer the poll question: i think it is all about proportion and the look that one is going for...fashion or fetish.

Chicks66, since we have the same shoe size, keep me updated on your search. I have a pair of 6" pumps but they are not very friendly. They are also 10 years old so maybe they are just worn out. If I run across anything I will let you know. If I have a chance I will do a little searching over the holiday. Happy hunting. Jen

Chicks66, You weren't kidding, that would be an influx. The black oxfords look great. I have a similar pair but they are 1/2 size too small. The sandals are hot, wait, they are all hot. I think the sandal has given me an avitar inspiration. Thanks for the update, hope your weekend is good. Jen

I think all feet look better in heels.:w00t2: But to answer the ? correctly, Not if the heels are extreemly high. I don't think small feet, say US size 4-6 look good in 5-6" heels out and about but in the bedroom? H, YA!:lmao:

real men wear heels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree, everyone looks better in high heels. They look their best in the highest heel they can safely walk in. There comes a point where no matter what the size of the foot, because of the height of the heel, there would not be enough toe area of shoe on the ground to make walking possible. So it is natural that the bigger the foot, the higher the heel. Going back in history, high heels were not to be watched or looked at as they were hidden under full length dresses. Heels had one point only - the raise the height of the wearer to make them look taller and closer to the height of their partner. Have you ever seen a 6'4" man trying to dance with a 4'11" girl without heels. It looks very funny, but give the girl 6" heels hidden under the skirt and the end result is much more natural looking.

Other threads on the hhplace have been discussing this subject. Are smaller feet in a pair of high heels more attractive? Would be interesting to see if everyone agrees....

I know I'm a little late responding... :thumbsup:

I think it is how the wearer handles herself. I've seen both large and small feet in high heels and have found, depending on the person it to be either a turn on or a turn off.

I would have to add a new choice: "Simply don't know"!

• 2 weeks later...

Like ive said before, its the proportion of heel height/ shoe size that makes it work. I personally think, forgive me, that a straight look plus heels is a bit "eh? what?" I have the confidence to be more chilled feminine in all my look, without being overtly cd, as the whole look hangs together better. Ok, more stares, but equally compliments for being original ! Its the confidence that counts, if youre always looking at your feet, everyone else will ! Most the time I forget I'm wearing heels and just get on with it !

thedesigner...you are right...this is it...one needs to have a good idea of the overall image rather than stick heels on a man who 'has' to buy mens clothes. Balance is the key, just develop an eye for line and form and try interesting colours or patterns (and I don't mean ties) Golden Rule.. ONLY EVER BUY WOMANS JEANS/PANTS/TROUSERS after all ,the shoes start where the trousers stop ! M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

• 4 weeks later...

because ive got small thin feet, uk 6 -7, mens shoes are hard to find and slip about, so womens shoes are more comfortable anyway. The heel bit is a natural progression, and more comfortable, honestly, and taller than in than flats!

I am size 8 - 10 in jeans, so that's easy too.

I agree with JMC, all feet look better in heels. I am a size 11womens but they look proportional to my size. I have seen drop dead gorgeous girls in size 11-12 heels and taller than me at 180cm/5'11" and they look right on for proportional heel/height with a 4.5" heel. All feet can look good! Mtnsofheels

• 1 month later...

before i knew better, i used to think that smaller feet look better in high heels. that was mainly due to the fact, most heels back then were about 3 inch tall.. and smaller feet had a steeper angle to them in 3 inch than larger feet did. now, it's different. heel heights vary. so.. no matter the size, you can get the same look and angle by varying the heel height. so. today, it's all about proportions. RPM

• 4 weeks later...

The size of your feet can make a difference on what height looks best. If you have real small feet (ie size 5) then wearing anything more than a 4 inch heel looks awkward. I have a friend who wears a size 10 and she feels that her feet look awkward regardless of what heel height.

• 3 weeks later...