Small feet / High Heels

High Surprise

Do you agree smaller feet look better in High Heels?  

529 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree smaller feet look better in High Heels?

I used to think women with small feet did look better in heels. But Ive changed my view after years of seeing women in sizes of 9,10 and11 that really look great. The arch does have a lot to do with it. I wear an 8.5 but have a good arch and think I look good in heels.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Almost every shoe maker will put higher heels on bigger sizes so the effect and angle is the same across the range of sizes. Next time you're in a shoe shop check out same style in the biggest and smallest sizes. You might be quite surprised at the difference.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I take a UK Size 4.5, or a 5 depending on manufacturer. I have heels ranging in height from 3" right up to 7"-8".

My most alluring pairs are those with steep, curved arches.

I have a friend who takes a Size 7 UK - and when we try shoes on in shops together - she is always commenting that my small feet look better in the same pair of shoes. A good arch in a shoe gives me far more comfort and poise in any case.....so I would say - yes - small feet look better in higher heels as long as they are made well and thus give me more confidence when walking in them.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

In isolation I don't really care, but in the real world, when feet and heels are put into context the smaller foot is still the more attractive for me. At the end of the day though I'd rather a pretty large foot than an ugly small foot

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else had the problem of this last post (above) coming up as 'Unread' every time they sign in here? Or is it my Browser playing up?

That is because of the way the forum software works: every time somebody contributes to the poll, the software changes the date/time stamp of the most recent contribution to the thread. Just count the number of votes, and next time count them again.

That is because of the way the forum software works: every time somebody contributes to the poll, the software changes the date/time stamp of the most recent contribution to the thread. Just count the number of votes, and next time count them again.

Thank you - the 'poll' part hadn't crossed my mind.....

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

While it may be true that for any given heel height, smaller feet look better than large feet because of the higher elevation of the arch, this is a little misleading because in the end a larger foot can tolerate a higher heel no matter what the basic style of shoe. For example, a large foot in a ballet heel can extend to a higher point than a smaller foot. Although I don't wear any higher heel than my wife who wears shoes 3 sizes smaller than me, I could.

While it may be true that for any given heel height, smaller feet look better than large feet because of the higher elevation of the arch, this is a little misleading because in the end a larger foot can tolerate a higher heel no matter what the basic style of shoe. For example, a large foot in a ballet heel can extend to a higher point than a smaller foot. Although I don't wear any higher heel than my wife who wears shoes 3 sizes smaller than me, I could.

Well - in theory of course - if the shoe is manufactured 'true to size' using the internationally recognised 'mondopoint' system - any foot should look good in any steep arched design of the correct size. In practice however feet slide down shoes and some manufacturers make shoes longer or shorter than others.

I take a UK Size 5 UK generally - and own nearly 350 pairs of stiletto heeled shoes. However, I doubt if more than 2 or 3 pairs measure the same, in length or width, using the standard reference points for sizing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't vote. I think feet that are too small or too large don't look as attractive as a more neutral size. The heels should look elegant. Size 7 or 8 US would be ideal for 'most'. My own size is US 5 for most heels. My feet are too small and too narrow. I've shopped in Department stores like Macy's, Nordstrom's, etc. They simply don't stock my size. Almost all my heels have been purchased online. With that said, a larger frame would probably look better with larger feet though, proportions are so important.

With that said, a larger frame would probably look better with larger feet though, proportions are so important.

i totally agree with you kaygirl.... i think proportion is the key.... a 6ft tall person wearing size 5 would look odd just as a 5 ft tall person wearing size 12 would look strange.... i think as long as the proportion is right, the heels should look fine.....

with that siad, if we are looking at only the feet/show and nothing else... i think a size 7/8 is probably what most shoe shpae is design to be the most pleasing to the eye......

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, smaller size heels tend to be a little higher than larger size heels. It just seems that way. I'm a size 7 and I use to wear a smaller size awhile back. Somehow, I could feel a difference.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

In my opinion, smaller size heels tend to be a little higher than larger size heels. It just seems that way. I'm a size 7 and I use to wear a smaller size awhile back. Somehow, I could feel a difference.

I agree with you, although larger sizes often have physically higher heels!

It's the ratio between length of the foot/shoe, and heel height that makes them steeper, not higher. It's simple really, if a Size 7 US has a 6" heel with a foot length of approx 8.75", then it is bound to have a steeper angle than a Size 10 (foot length approx 9.5") with the same heel height.......so yes, I agree, they do appear to be higher!!

I'll definitely take your word for it too :).

To be honest...I'm not too bothered about technicalities. Just so long as they ARE high, look fab, and I feel sexy in them! :-)

• 1 month later...

When I see a pair of heels depicted in advertisements that appeal to me because of the styling and design, I expect the pair that I purchase in my size to have the same lines and rise that inspired me to get these heels. For this reason I think the information of the slope or rise angle should be included when high heels are advertised instead of just the heel height. You have probably noticed some people can comfortably wear super tall heels, while others are limited to lesser heights for the same comfort feeling. Understanding the angle or rise limit your feet will tolerate is a helpful specification to know when searching for the high heels to buy.

Yeah, exactly. I find myself extremely comfortable in 5" heels. In 6" heels, I can walk comfortably, so no problems with that. But for some reason, the 7" and on, including ballet heels are tough for me. I'll wobble more frequently, but I still able to walk with 7". Ballet heels, forget it. I tried my friend's ballet and don't know how she can walk in them. I'll just wear it to bed, heehee.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

Yeah, exactly. I find myself extremely comfortable in 5" heels. In 6" heels, I can walk comfortably, so no problems with that. But for some reason, the 7" and on, including ballet heels are tough for me. I'll wobble more frequently, but I still able to walk with 7". Ballet heels, forget it. I tried my friend's ballet and don't know how she can walk in them. I'll just wear it to bed, heehee.

Me too...there's an art to wearing Ballet's in bed without ripping the sheets with your heel tips!!:wave: