Peep Toe Shoes with Stockings

kutenkinky

Actually, stockings have been given an OK with peep toes, as long as it is a true "peep', and not a pair that exposes most of the toes. And lately, stockings have been accepted for even more open shoes, as long as the stocking is an opaque. Showing my age here, but I still think sheer stockings look fine with any shoe. Just IMHO.

I can't see any reason why you should not wear stockings with peep toe shoes after all there are no hard and fast "rules" it is always just a case of someones opinion....you could ask ten different people and get ten different answers...because there is no definitive answer.

I hope this helps in some way....just go with your inner feeling and how you want to do it.

Despite having always heard that peep toes and sandals demanded bare feet, I have recently seen a couple of catalogues that have shown women wearing peep toes, open toes and even sandals with tights. Personally, I like it.

kutenkinky: Don't listen to anyone else when it comes to what YOU want to wear and how YOU want to wear it. Wear what you want and be happy about your decision.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hosiery and peep-toes/sandals is just fine as long as they are sheer toe and not too high a denier, so the nicely painted nails show. There is nothing worse than pasty looking legs (to me at least) and until the ladies get a bit of tan going, the shading from hosiery looks the part. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Despite having always heard that peep toes and sandals demanded bare feet, I have recently seen a couple of catalogues that have shown women wearing peep toes, open toes and even sandals with tights. Personally, I like it.

I have seen similar catalogs and also have seen women wearing dark colored tights even with sandals recently and I really like the look. In fact, I am considering trying it because I haven't shaved for a couple of months (I let my hair grow for shorts season), and would like to wear the occasional skirt. If anybody has feedback or information on the "rules"of this style, please post. Like I said I may want to give it a try and would like to do it correctly.

Style is built from the ground up!

kutenkinky: Don't listen to anyone else when it comes to what YOU want to wear and how YOU want to wear it. Wear what you want and be happy about your decision.

I don't think this sentiment can be said enough. If you enjoy the look and are comfortable with the look, wear it and enjoy it!

There is a middle option in the hosiery vs. bare-leg debate as it relates to a peep-toe or any type sandal where all or most of the toes are showing. You can buy OPEN-TOE pantyhose that have just enough room to slide your toes through exposing your favorite color of nail polish while giving your legs the smoother and darker look that pantyhose affords. The key is how wide the vamp of the shoe is above the toes which hides where the line between your exposed toes and the nylons. I'll use either open-toes nylons if I really want to accent my toes or nude color thigh highs that are very sheer toe until my legs get dark enough over the course of the summer. One way is to always wear shorts ( in my case short-shorts and smooth legs) when cutting the grass whether a riding or push mower. Never had any weird comments and a couple of good ones.

• 1 year later...

I always wear suntan or nude sandal foot knee hi's with open/peep toe pumps. In the cooler months I wear trouser socks with them. From what I have read on the net fashion sites this is acceptable by todays standards. On the other hand what would a man know about fashion? LOL:chuckle:

Small peeptoe is ok, but if your showing more of your foot, then just show it. I tend to feel that more hose showing is a little fetishy. If that's what you like, go ahead. It's just not for me.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Hi, Peep toes are very delicate styled shoes that deserve painted toe nails and highly groomed bare legs/feet. From experience I find stockings allow my feet to slip down hill in my heels, and my toes can squish more into the peep-toe, which is uncomfortables on my toes, looks yucky, and it loosens the fit of the heel of the shoe (if a fitted heel) or loosens the fit of the back-strap (if a slingack) to the point where I keep lifting my heel out of the shoe when walking. A real nuisance in reality, esp. in a pump style! Cheers Heel-Lover

I fully agree, there is no 'hard and fast' rule about peep-toe heels.

Just as an example, there is often discussion about the wearing of pumps with, or without hose. I prefer to wear pumps with hose, as they are an enclosed shoe and make my feet warmer, so, I wear hose. However I can wear them without hose as well, although I avoid this in heels with lower cut vamps, as I personally regard toe-cleavage as 'tacky'.

So, if the shoe is a true 'peep'....then I often wear hosiery as peep-toes can be either a pump or a slingback sandal. I like wearing seamed hosiery with peep-toes as it can look very smart. Then again, they can look fabulous without hose too.

At the end of the day, it is entirely a personal choice.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Can someone please tell me if it is OK to wear stockings with peep toe shoes? I have heard from women that it is not ok.

Mark NYC _/|_/|

In my opinion, it is true. I mean, why wear peep toes if you aren't showing them off? Toes that is. I'm wearing one right now as a matter of fact here in work typing this to you. I'm bare always, well, most of the time anyways. Especially now that it's in the 90's outside, I don't want any stuffiness to get in the way of my comfort.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

I fully agree, there is no 'hard and fast' rule about peep-toe heels.

Just as an example, there is often discussion about the wearing of pumps with, or without hose. I prefer to wear pumps with hose, as they are an enclosed shoe and make my feet warmer, so, I wear hose. However I can wear them without hose as well, although I avoid this in heels with lower cut vamps, as I personally regard toe-cleavage as 'tacky'.

So, if the shoe is a true 'peep'....then I often wear hosiery as peep-toes can be either a pump or a slingback sandal. I like wearing seamed hosiery with peep-toes as it can look very smart. Then again, they can look fabulous without hose too.

At the end of the day, it is entirely a personal choice.

'...as I personally regard toe-cleavage as 'tacky''; PiB this is the only thing I've found that we differ on, but then again maybe we don't. It's been established that I have no class so my preference for bare feet in pumps is consistent. 8<)) At least you go bare in your sandals so all is not lost.

(In my best Wendy Williams voice) How YOU doin'?

'...as I personally regard toe-cleavage as 'tacky''; PiB this is the only thing I've found that we differ on, but then again maybe we don't. It's been established that I have no class so my preference for bare feet in pumps is consistent. 8<)) At least you go bare in your sandals so all is not lost.

(In my best Wendy Williams voice) How YOU doin'?

I'm doin' fine honey:rose:...just dropped in here on my way over to the old 'homestead' (if you get my drift..:P).

Whilst I don't wear low vamps on pumps as a matter of choice, fashion often dictates otherwise. So, low cut pumps have been known to appear in the PiB wardobe at times.:)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

In my opinion, it is true. I mean, why wear peep toes if you aren't showing them off? Toes that is. I'm wearing one right now as a matter of fact here in work typing this to you. I'm bare always, well, most of the time anyways. Especially now that it's in the 90's outside, I don't want any stuffiness to get in the way of my comfort.

Great way to put it Karen! I agree with Bubba's posting in another thread if there IS a rule...bare in the summer, nylons ONLY in the winter, and only if hosiery would complete the overall look. However, I do know many places require hosiery year round. Keep the toes free in peeps when it is very nice outside.

I would also go as far to say that a pedicure is also a necessity for peep toe shoes. A little color just adds the right pop to the look. Naked can be OK, if done right, but a little polish goes a long way.

All of this begs a question from me...has anybody tried the toeless nylons? Two things I have wondered...are they comfortable and why do they exist? Just something I have been wondering.

Style is built from the ground up!

I have a pair of blue patent peep-toed pumps and I always wear either Nude or Suntan Legg's Sheer Energy controltop pantyhose with them as I do with all of my heeled shoes and heeled boots. Always did and always will no matter the temps even in the 90's. I never did like the feeling of going hoseless in my shoes or boots. As for the toe-less pantyhose, I haven't tried them as they don't turn me on for any reason. I still prefer a pair of pantyhose with a closed sheer toe. More comfortable for me that way anyway. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

HappyFeat- I had mentioned toe-less pantyhose as a way to easily put your heels on and off in warmer weather, have the feel of pantyhose on your legs but at the same time expose your toes to the world. They are comfortable and I always have some on hand. Regular sheer pantyhose are good too and bare legs are great IF you can pull it off--if your have the tan and no other imperfections like spider veins or that pesky hair that is always wanting to emerge! I agree though that peep toes, like sandals, demand some eye-popping nail color!! HappyinHeels

• 1 year later...

It took me a while to develope a liking for peep toes. It seems that they are a little more open these days than when the first appeared which and I drawn to them, especially with concealed platforms. I wear them or any heel - sandals and pumps with nude sheer hose or bare, Fortunately I am in a warm climate and can enjoy a sandal year round. I have worn open toes with heavier opaque hose where my toes are not visible but their outline is and gotten compliments on it. I feel that it is more a matter of personal taste.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost always prefer to wear peep-toes barefoot. I say almost, the one exception was when I tried my zebra peep-toes with black fishnets (excuse the strange photo I salvaged from a psychadelic photo-editing trip - that's what wearing fishnets with peeptoes does to you!).

post-29841-133522959854_thumb.jpg

If you like it, wear it.

I've always wondered what store (in the US) that I could buy them from. I believe I've seen some shoe stores selling their brand or others. But then, that brings up another factor: do you do to nylons, stockings, etc. as you do with heels of any kind?

Formally "HHDude"

I have seen similar catalogs and also have seen women wearing dark colored tights even with sandals recently and I really like the look. In fact, I am considering trying it because I haven't shaved for a couple of months (I let my hair grow for shorts season), and would like to wear the occasional skirt. If anybody has feedback or information on the "rules"of this style, please post. Like I said I may want to give it a try and would like to do it correctly.

I'd say wear what makes you feel comfortable. Just make sure you have a nice pedicure with nicely painted nails. Not red though, too common.