How much do you love heels?

LukeVibertUK

It is a tidy sum of money for a pair of heels, but if you were to view them as an investment you might be able to justify the price...but its a big IF!!! or if you are an ardent collector and saw them as a must have and you have the money...who knows??

Much as love heels spending almost 2months wages would be INSANE!! . I gotta be honest i dont really like them much. Anyway i'd want x10 cars for £1800! :winkiss:

lol, what kinda cars you buying ten of for that money?

Scalextric cars?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

lol, what kinda cars you buying ten of for that money?

Scalextric cars?

I tell a lie i'd want 4/5 cars for that. Oh £1800 would buy x4 granada's or maybe x3 accords and a micra............ And i wonder why i change my daily driver every 6-12months......:winkiss:

Perhaps I'm wrong but I think I remember seeing that pair of shoes (or another pair just like them) in an old Little Shoe Box Catalog more than 10 years ago? Perhaps Dr. Shoe or Tom (NL) also might remember them?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I tell a lie i'd want 4/5 cars for that. Oh £1800 would buy x4 granada's or maybe x3 accords and a micra............ And i wonder why i change my daily driver every 6-12months......:winkiss:

Ahhhh, you drive "shed's" & "skips" :silly:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Shoegirl, You just cant beat the elegant high heeled shoe that you link too. There are lots of shoes, but that is a real classic. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Nothing wrong with cheap cars and expensive clothes. Shoes last longer than cars. All our shoes added together are worth several times the price of our car. I once read an interview with a pro MTB rider. He reckoned that all the cars he ever owned cost less than one of his bikes! Back on message... Vivienne Westwood makes exaggerated shoes on purpose. That's the whole point. They are awkward looking because they can be. A world full of black court shoes would be pretty boring.

not enough to pay that amount of money!!! In my opinion, one could by many shoes and nicer shoes for that kind of money!! sure one is just paying for the name in that case, surely something very similar could be found for a lot less!! ;)

The point is being missed.

You can buy similar things to anything. You want a Jaguar XK 120? Buy a Nissan Micra instead. They're both cars and get you where you want to go. The Nissan will be more reliable.

Vivienne Westwood did her thing and now we all can wear mega platforms and corsets. Be thankful she made the shoes.

Designers sometimes create crazy and wonderful things. That's what they do.

Firstly regarding the "look" of the shoes. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" So they are not going to be appealing to everyone because we all have individual tastes, just as some of us prefer boots to shoes or beer to wine...its a personal taste thing.

Secondly with regard to the cost, it really depends on how much disposible income you have....do you think that Bill Gates would baulk at paying that price or any other person with great wealth. You could also take the view that someone who smokes twenty cigarettes a day here in the United Kingdom could afford after less than a year if they gave up smoking for example....it is a personal choice how you spend your money which is partly driven by how much you have in the first place.

Lastly how do you put a price on something that is so iconic as those shoes...they are the great artworks of tomorrow.

These are around 750.00 US and YES! If I had the extra cash, I would buy them but as for the clown shoes, I don't know what the history is or what they might be worth but I wouldn't give 2cents for them.

post-3305-133522885986_thumb.jpg

real men wear heels

Hey Johnie, I hate to point it out but if Vivienne Westwood hadn't made her 'clown' shoes then there would be less chance of you being able to wish to spend $750 on Barbara Bui's hidden platform heels. It trickles down from the source. Thanks, Ben

• 1 year later...