Rick Owens Heels for Men

Thighboots2

Its taken me a little while to track down a photo, and sorry its a bit small, but it was all I could grab. Like many I keep my eye out for the "heels for men" trend and so far we have seen Gucci, YSL and recently Archie Eyebrows. So here are the Rick Owens heeled boots. The heel is certainly much higher than normal and more typical of a womans "sensible" ankle boot. A Plat is provided. All in all a 70s platform boot but the heel is slimmer than it was back then. The whole look is really unisex and easily worn by both men and women in a more relaxed situation. I do like them, but the price is $1150, so I won't be rushing out for a pair. Now I thought $700 for a pair of YSL was a bit steep, but over a grand is just too much. However, it does show that this has gone from being just a runway item to catch the attention of the press. Simon.

post-1002-133522885681_thumb.jpg

untitled.bmp

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I know a seller who tells me that in a few weeks will be able to open his new shop and he will do any model on request, based on photos and descriptions and in any size. He promised me the best quality leather and production metods.

I know a buyer who tells me that in a few weeks will be able to open his new shop and he will do any model on request, based on photos and descriptions and in any size.

He promised me the best quality leather and production metods.

I guess we'll just have to wait until he produces some samples of his work so we can judge the quality of his workmanship. :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I know a seller who tells me that in a few weeks will be able to open his new shop and he will do any model on request, based on photos and descriptions and in any size.

He promised me the best quality leather and production metods.

This all sounds very interesting, so long as his work is of the best quality

and he does not charge the earth , please keep us posted as to whats happening

Cheers

Billy

Funny, I am wearing a pair of Skechers right now that have a 4" heel and look EXACTLY like these only they are a dark brown leather looking color. The only indication they are for women is the indented flower pattern on the sole but that will wear out in time or I can resole them. I paid $29.95 for them on the sale rack at DSW last year.

Great looking boots. I had several pairs similar to them in the 70's and they were guy's boots too. Plus they didn't cost over a grand! Sad that they aren't sold as men's boots today because they are no different than what we wore before.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

While I like the style, I'm concerned about the price, almost as if he intended to price the heels right out of the market...

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

We are talking "designer" and those guys really know how to charge. Their business model is the complete opposite of the high street shops. Sell a little at vast profit, whereas the high street is all about volume at timy profit. Realistically, no one here would consider paying that sort of money for a pair of boots, but they are not aimed at the likes of us. We recently saw a designer put models bot M&F down the runway in identical heeled footwear, because he wanted the boots for himself. Cant remember who it was, but have they become available anywhere yet? Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

We are talking "designer" and those guys really know how to charge. Their business model is the complete opposite of the high street shops. Sell a little at vast profit, whereas the high street is all about volume at timy profit.

Realistically, no one here would consider paying that sort of money for a pair of boots, but they are not aimed at the likes of us.

We recently saw a designer put models bot M&F down the runway in identical heeled footwear, because he wanted the boots for himself. Cant remember who it was, but have they become available anywhere yet?

Simon.

That would be Rad Hourani.

Supposedly, Feathers is supposed to eventually stock his wares.

www.feathersfashion.com

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Nahhh - -!! Just don't do it for me. I've been wearing western riding heels since I was a kid. Never liked the straight heel on a leather boot. Finding them at a reasonable price in a mens 8D is getting trickier every year. Local boot shop says there are a lot of us smaller feet dudes getting womens western riding heel boots these days. Somebody recently posted that they just bought a new pair of Jessica Simpson boots - - - I think I'd go for those over this design even if they were the same monies. Note: Seems to me that Western wear boot makers are slowly dropping heel heights in mens boots. You could get a 2 1/4" heel years ago, but now it's a 1 3/4" max from what I'm finding. Almost a chunky styles too.

I have been following Rick Owens mens footwear for the last year or so. He had a really nice boots, a pair of wedge heeled booties for men at 620 Euro from Luisaviaroma in Italy caused me some thinking. They were really nice but his price is way out of line as with all his goods. I mean I like his stuff but with 620 Euro or now $1100 bucks for these seemingly common ankle boot, one can get a lot of other really nice boots/shoes. You can even get a pair Louboutins for cheaper(not by much though, but much nicer heels). I agree, low sales big profit is a designer label and mindset. However it must work for him otherwise he would be a lonely designer in San Diego still. But I think I would get a pair of Louboutins before a pair of Rick's boots. Mtnsofheels

Somebody recently posted that they just bought a new pair of Jessica Simpson boots - - - I think I'd go for those over this design even if they were the same monies.

Might have been me, just bought the black version of the Okleann boots of hers now too, they arrive Monday, spendy at $130 but they were on sale so its some comfort to me I guess. One thing not noted is they have lining inside that feels awesome, they became my favorite pair of shoes in about an hour. Have a feeling I'll be buying more of her boots in the future at this rate. Plan on going to macy's tomorrow and trying out some of her other shoes for fun and see if they have some boots in store yet. Might be fun who knows, won't know until I torment the salesguy there again or talk with the saleswomen.

As for the Rick Owens, would have to see them in person, just look like they have too thick of a platform. Considering I could buy about 6 pairs of $200ish boots versus 1 of these, I think I'll stick with my current strategy.

• 3 months later...

Hi, Just browsed again the new collections of top designers in the Luisaviaroma website after a long time, just out of curiosity. And i was a bit surprised - they have SEVERAL "men's" boots with HEELS!! More than i've seen ever before. Besides the YSL, Owens, and Barbato, some new designers have entered this area. Mostly the heels are modest around 2,5'', but a few are more, especially the THREE models by Rick Owens there. Additionally, i know that Maison Martin Margiela has come up with medium-heel boots for men. So is there really a start of new trend going on?? I'm excited to see what comes next :) Happy Heeling k6ps

.....especially the THREE models by Rick Owens there.....

Such as this:

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx?#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=M0711&des=&cat=93&gender=men&group=shoes&season=actual&seasProdID=53I

Very nice to see the trend being set but the price is more than eye-watering (over £750) and the sizes only go up to 43. I can get prefectly decent "women's" ankle boots in that size from Next for less than a tenth of the price. We thought that the "Jonny" boot was expensive at over £300. Even expensive "designer" women's ankle boots don't seem to go much above £500.

Let´s go east guys!

"Rebel against stereotypes and defy the norms.... " - this is the intro to

http://www.virginblak.com/0mi-premium-10-cm-heel-leather-boots.html

as this company is sourcing from korean vendors a check of yesstyle.com is the next thing to to - and guess what?

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/deepstyle-handmade-boots-black-300/info.html/pid.1022877146

but also so other nice styles are available:

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/deepstyle-mens-shoes/list.html/bcc.11537_bpt.299_bid.311493

Some of you will say they are just copy cats. I think they are a good sample for "the pulse of a trend"

SS 2011 could become a good season for the "meels".

But please remember:

Avantgarde designers like Rad Hourani ( http://www.radhourani.com/collections/rxrh2/products/rh5-sh001 ) or Rick Owens and Gareth Pugh are our advocates - but it is our duty to ride this wave - if we like to & if we can afford it.

So let you insprie by the looks they created and source your style.

boots4ever (who is so happy to have size 41)