TGI Fridays and more

CassieJ

Sunday early afternoon my wife and I went to TGI Fridays. We are regulars at this location but our server was new. The hostess has been there for a couple of years and knows us. In well over a year of frequenting this place wearing heels, no one has ever said anything or really indicated they cared. One of the girls twisted her head last year to get a better look but wasn't secretive about it. She was obvious but never said anything. Well, I am wearing my usual long jeans with 4.5" Oxfords underneath. No one really notices and we have lunch without incident. After we eat, we are walking out the door and the hostess bids us farewell. Our server was at the door and I heard her ask the hostess something but didn't quite hear it. The hostess answered "oh yeah, he wears them all the time" as if it is totally normal. I really think it is funny. I wish they would ask me about it but they are the ones embarrassed. I have also found a great hangout on Saturday nights where we can be ourselves. I have started going with full makeup, wig, dress and spike heels. It is great to be able to dress up and have everyone just accept you. A couple of other guys come dressed female sometimes. I am not brave enough to go in full female mode to the mall or to dinner yet, with one exception, but maybe I will get there someday. My wife helps push me beyond my comfort level. It is always worse in my head than in reality. I do wear heels as a guy (usually 4" oxfords) about half the time in public when I am not at work. After our Saturday night activities, the whole group goes to an IHOP where they know us. I am in female mode almost half the time. It is great fun for me. I have some great new dresses I need to break in so I will probably dress the next few weekends. I am getting good at applying my makeup. I don't know if I pass 90-100% but people that know me well don't recognize me so I shouldn't worry about public outings.

Well done on your outing as it is heartening to hear that you can have a positive experience whilst enjoying wearing heels etc etc and that the end of the world does not happen when you are spotted for wearing something outside of the norm. :winkiss::clap:

CassieJ,

Just curious, are the oxfords the shoes in your avatar?

No vector, They are Steven Madden black oxfords with a 4" stiletto heel. The toe looks exactly like a men's oxford with the perforated decoration.

I have several pairs of oxford style heels that pass as men's shoes from the front. The heel is apparent under my jeans when I walk or cross my legs.

Once I get comfortable in a place, I often find myself crossing my legs (sitting) so my shoe sticks out of the booth. I try to get people to notice but most don't. It is funny to see how really oblivious people are to things outside their 2 foot bubble.