pantyhose

mickeyunc

While I've worn many pairs of pantyhose over the years, I really don't like to wear them. (I normally wear trouser socks and kneehighs -- and occasionally regular nylon stockings and garterbelts/suspenders -- with my everyday clothing.) To address your concern about how easily they "run" or "ladder," I've learned by watching my wife and two daughters that the sheer or more delicate pairs, have to be handled gingerly with a lot of care. Good grooming -- smooth legs, careful handling and being sure your toenails are always filed smooth and don't have splits that can snag the material while putting them on. Also, if you "gather" each leg, starting at the toe, and put them on by unrolling them up your leg a little at a time, helps prevent inadvertant snaggling and goes a long ways towards extending their life. Fact of female life #130: Fragile or delecate (easily damaged) stockings (or leg coverings) are just one of the more annoying aspects of female costuming that women put up with. :winkiss: As for brand of stockings, I like L'eggs, myself. While looking as good as other brands, they seem to be slightly cheaper and seem able to absorb more rough handling. Also, you can usually find them on sale in most drug stores and grocery stores.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I’ve encountered two problems wearing sheer hose with boots:

Bubba136’s advice on toenails should also be extended to fingernails. The slightest rough spot will cause a snag as you put the hose on.

I find that the top of a pair of boots rubbing on sheer hose will cause a snag.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Go to http://www.comfilon.com they have hose for men that wear a long time, some even have a men's opening.

But, for a guy to wear them in the summer is silly, as guys sweat too much and any will be too hot.

Frodo

Yes go to Camfilon's ACTIVSKIN for pantyhose, they have added some great new things too.

post-5557-133522884971_thumb.jpg

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

My favorite brand of nylons and tights are Hue. They come in plus sizes, which is nice for us big guys as well as decent colors and patterns. I buy most of mine at Macy's, but have sen them at stores like DSW as well. They aren't cheap - nylons can be as high as $8.00 per pair and tights are normally 2 for $20 or $12 each at Macy's. But here is the upside - I still have nearly every pair I bought. The tights seem to last forever and most of my nylons have been worn at least 3 times each. They may be expensive on the front end, but have a "low cost of ownership" in comparison to other bands I have tires. Oh, yea..they fit GREAT as well!

Style is built from the ground up!

Go to http://www.comfilon.com they have hose for men that wear a long time, some even have a men's opening.

But, for a guy to wear them in the summer is silly, as guys sweat too much and any will be too hot.

Frodo

Microfabricâ„¢ men's sheer pantyhose can be seen through easily and it is very lightweight. Think of it as invisible underwear and socks for men! Microfabric is thin and breathable; it promotes rapid evaporation of perspiration. Dryness keeps legs and feet cool in summer, warm in winter, and comfortable all the time. Dry feet also inhibit bacteria growth and consequently minimize foot odor. Perfect for cooler weather, they provide some warmth outdoors, and aren't too hot indoors like thermal underwear can be.

These styles of male pantyhose are intended to replace men's socks and underwear with one comfortable garment. Order them in skin-matching color for invisible cool barefoot or bare leg look, or in contrasting color for socks look. If you prefer additional underwear and/or socks, that is your choice; do what makes you comfortable. All styles feature a knit-in comfortable waistband. These styles are intended to be worn under athletic or other shorts and trousers; the brief is too transparent to be worn exposed.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Couldn't agree more. While I enjoy wearing hosiery to even out the skin tone on my legs, I've recently started going barelegged on outings, and it's surprisingly comfortable.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Here in the US, a good place for stockings and pantyhose, believe it or not, is Sears. They have a wide range of sizes and typically a fairly good selection of colors and styles, from ultra sheer to opaques. If I wear hosiery, I most often pick a thigh-high (stay-up). Being 5-11 and about 195 lbs, but with what I would consider thinner than many legs, I find that their size E thigh high is great, as it is long enough to come to the very top of my leg, which for me provides the slight indent at the very top of the leg that allows the stockings to stay in place. Unless one shaves or has hairless legs, the thigh-highs tend to slide down the typically hairy mans leg. So these work pretty well, and are decently long wearing.

Here in the US, a good place for stockings and pantyhose, believe it or not, is Sears. They have a wide range of sizes and typically a fairly good selection of colors and styles, from ultra sheer to opaques. If I wear hosiery, I most often pick a thigh-high (stay-up). Being 5-11 and about 195 lbs, but with what I would consider thinner than many legs, I find that their size E thigh high is great, as it is long enough to come to the very top of my leg, which for me provides the slight indent at the very top of the leg that allows the stockings to stay in place. Unless one shaves or has hairless legs, the thigh-highs tend to slide down the typically hairy mans leg. So these work pretty well, and are decently long wearing.

I also do Sears. I like the mild support knee-high stockings. They are tough to beat, wash well, don't run easy, and stay up as you described. They come in white, suntan, nude, and off-black.

They also have the same support in thigh, and panty designs

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

You say that the pantyhose that you have worn have gotten ladders or runner in them. They are probably very delicate womens hosiery. If they ran while you were putting them on, your fingernails probably cause the problem. I usually put on a thin pair of rubber gloves, like the ones used in doctors offices, and don't get runs when putting on the pantyhose. I have worn Leggs, NoNonsense, Sears and JC Penney pantyhose. I like the JC Penney brand the best, out of all of the female pantyhose. I have since found Comfilon pantyhose. I wear this brand exclusively now, since the styles I wear have a flap for the male equipment. The style 549 is a very light support style without any sheen. The nude and suntan colors are almost completely unnoticeable in this style. I also wear style 677, which is a medium support style. The only thing I don't like about this style is there is considerable sheen, which means that they are very noticeable. If you have a problem with the fabric sliding down your legs, as you wear them, you probably haven't shaved your legs recently. The leg hair acts as a lubricant and the nylon will migrate down your legs as the day goes by. Nothing looks worse than very hair legs under sheen nylon pantyhose. Mens shoes aren't as smooth on the seam edges as womens shoes are. This means that you are more likely to get runs in your pantyhose when wearing mens shoes than you are when wearing womens shoes.

• 2 weeks later...

One place I like to buy hose from is Silkies, they have a very good selection of anything you need. I have never had any problems with runs or snags or anything like that. Their prices are very reasonable. Their site is www.silkies.com

Microfabricâ„¢ men's sheer pantyhose can be seen through easily and it is very lightweight. Think of it as invisible underwear and socks for men! Microfabric is thin and breathable; it promotes rapid evaporation of perspiration. Dryness keeps legs and feet cool in summer, warm in winter, and comfortable all the time. Dry feet also inhibit bacteria growth and consequently minimize foot odor. Perfect for cooler weather, they provide some warmth outdoors, and aren't too hot indoors like thermal underwear can be.

These styles of male pantyhose are intended to replace men's socks and underwear with one comfortable garment. Order them in skin-matching color for invisible cool barefoot or bare leg look, or in contrasting color for socks look. If you prefer additional underwear and/or socks, that is your choice; do what makes you comfortable. All styles feature a knit-in comfortable waistband. These styles are intended to be worn under athletic or other shorts and trousers; the brief is too transparent to be worn exposed.

Your response seems like a canned pitch from comfilon!

Any air pockets close to the skin will keep the skin warmer. Summer wear of nylons is a way to sweat more and be hot. Being cool is all about allowing the water to evaporate.

Frodo

One place I like to buy hose from is Silkies, they have a very good selection of anything you need. I have never had any problems with runs or snags or anything like that. Their prices are very reasonable. Their site is www.silkies.com

Yes MikeB,

I also get my pantyhose more and more from silkies and every month they send you your order that you have set up and you can change that order.

• 1 month later...

I get my pantyhose from activeskin, but I get Silkies each month sent to my home.

I like hanes, legs, no-nonsense, and some other brands. I have actually been buying slikies at a dollar store that hold up pretty well. Im not really picky, or have too many problems with runs. Just need to make sure your hands are free of things that will snag them. I LOVE the feel of nylon on my legs, shaved all the time...

I like hanes, legs, no-nonsense, and some other brands. I have actually been buying slikies at a dollar store that hold up pretty well. Im not really picky, or have too many problems with runs. Just need to make sure your hands are free of things that will snag them.

I LOVE the feel of nylon on my legs, shaved all the time...

You got that right!

"I LOVE the feel of nylon on my legs" With or without nylons the feeling is gorgeous after shaving and going to bed.

I started shaving my legs every day for the last 4 or 5 years, incredible! I'm not sure my wife likes is too much, but she has gotten used to it. When I fly I wear pantyhose a lot, keeps my legs warmer on the flight. Overall I just love the feel. I think hose should be a men's item by default. If you wear hose = SHAVE.

Utahnylon:-) DanielP6406:-) I quite agree also that there is nothing more incredible than the feeling of freshly shaven legs covered in nylon. They just slide on so nicely after a fresh shave. Hmmmmmmm! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!