SF Heeling Meet

kikepa

I spent last week in SF, and was pleasantly surprise at how absolutely nonplussed people are when a gent walks by in heels. Of course, it's SF... I'll be returning some time between late May and mid-June. Anyone want to join me for some sightseeing or other events? (breakfast, lunch, dinner...) I found the best spot for each! (IMHO)

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

If SF means San Francisco, CA, give us some estimates and time frames and may be it can happen. I've been wanting to visit that city any way, but didn't know anyone there to kind of give me directions as to what I could do. However, if SF means South Frankfurt, Southern Florida, or some other place I'd probably have to wait for a time to budget such a trip.

Sorry, folks - I was there, but without my laptop. I'd only planned to stay for one day, but then decided to spend a week exploring the possibility of relocating, as I've always loved SF. I didn't gain Internet access until mid-week, and by then I had a full schedule attending job fairs, doing interviews, etc. SF = San Francisco, California, USA (sorry about the confusion - I was in a hurry when I made the post!) The good news is that it looks like I'll be heading back there, either towards the end of this month/the beginning of next, as well as towards the end of summer (early September). In fact, I've thought about spending a few days there doing a photo shoot. I had absolutely NO luck with CouchSurfing.com, despite more than a dozen requests, so if anyone lives in SF and has a spare guest room... I'm an excellent cook! Anyway, I'll keep the thread going, and thanks for the replies! Update: I heeled pretty much all over SF, and the results were mixed. In grocery stores frequented by the more traditional locals, they noticed just as would anyone from the mid-west, but being in SF, it was little more than a casual, disinterested glance. In areas such as Haight, however, nothing. I did discover those areas are infested with tourists, however. If you want more local TG/GV culture, it's found in the Mission area.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 months later...

Update: Not heading back there anytime soon. Sorry! Nothing personal - just a change in plans.