i hate designer heels

crotchboots-m

now before you all target me with gps laser guided munitions...hear me out. i like the way they look...but they are never in my size or more importantly..PRICE RANGE. otherwise i love them to death...and hate the skinny small footed creatures that can wear and afford them.

now before you all target me with gps laser guided munitions...hear me out. i like the way they look...but they are never in my size or more importantly..PRICE RANGE. otherwise i love them to death...and hate the skinny small footed creatures that can wear and afford them.

Fine :winkiss:

I hate the way that stuff is described on Ebay as "designer" and yet the vendor doesn't know who the designer actually is! It turns out that they come from payless or somewhere.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

crotchboots-m,if they did them in your size,would you be tempted to splash out on at least one pair? Since 'converting'! i find them far superior for fit and the lenght of time i can wear them,which would and could be all day with no discomfort at all.Second hand ,sorry 'designer' agencies!!!! often have them reduced,but a bit pot luck!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Err, Sorry to burst any bubbles but high heels are still 'women's wear'. If you want designer shoes you can sometimes place a special order (for a hefty price) and they will make a bigger size for you. Or go custom made.

I have fairly wide feet, and although not all styles fit me well, I have a pretty good collection of designer shoes. Also, I think sale prices tend to be better in the US, as well as selection. I paid retail price on only a few pairs, and less than 50% on many.

johnnie heel...i hate you!!...lol...just kidding. sometimes i wish i had a womens size 10 or less so i could collect more boot,but then i would be divorced and living an trailer(my apologies to those living in one...i might be in one some day myself...lol). so its best that i dont have smaller feet. i am a womens size 14 or 15...depending on how the sizing goes. and to answer the question if i did have smaller feet...i would pass on the designer models. i still would like to splurge on a pair of jean gaborits tho...man o shevitz...i would love a pair of those..

johnnie heel...i hate you!!...lol...just kidding. sometimes i wish i had a womens size 10 or less so i could collect more boot,but then i would be divorced and living an trailer(my apologies to those living in one...i might be in one some day myself...lol). so its best that i dont have smaller feet. i am a womens size 14 or 15...depending on how the sizing goes. and to answer the question if i did have smaller feet...i would pass on the designer models. i still would like to splurge on a pair of jean gaborits tho...man o shevitz...i would love a pair of those..

Hee hee. I guess I shouldn't say that I usually wear a women's 8.5-9. :winkiss:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I like some of them... Could even afford a pair, and maybe-maybe-maybe even fit in a pair, if I really wanted them.... But to justify the cost....probably not... not even if men in designer heels were common place....

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

When I read the heading - I was about to fire up the old WMD's and aim in your direction but luckily for you, I stopped to read the rest and found I agreed with you. Its not that I hate the designer shoe, its more that I resent being a larger size - yes johnieheel, radiodave and bad robot - you shant be getting christmas cards from crotchboots-m or myself :) If only the likes of CL would do up to a 12 ??? :) What also gets me is Stores like Nine West or Aldo in the US go up to a 12 but here in the UK, youre lucky if they go to a 9. Whats that about :rose:

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

When I read the heading - I was about to fire up the old WMD's and aim in your direction but luckily for you, I stopped to read the rest and found I agreed with you.

Its not that I hate the designer shoe, its more that I resent being a larger size - yes johnieheel, radiodave and bad robot - you shant be getting christmas cards from crotchboots-m or myself :)

If only the likes of CL would do up to a 12 ??? :)

What also gets me is Stores like Nine West or Aldo in the US go up to a 12 but here in the UK, youre lucky if they go to a 9. Whats that about :rose:

Well, I have to admit that I tried to buy from Aldo US on their website and they only have got up to 11 which is equal to EU 41 instead of 42. However, I bought with my wife two pairs of Franchette heels (you can google them) in UK 7 and UK 9 sizes with only small difficulties. I had to wait for my size but due to long waiting, my wife get a discount and got some other shoes in a bargain price:)

I went through a couple of European Aldo stores and they never had 42:( So luckily for me, UK is the country where I can buy UK 9 heels with almost no issues.

But I hate designers as well because they should start thinking about us as well. I even thought of writing to CL on main website contact to order a pair in my size. If you are willing to pay that much, let the workers do the perfect custom made shoe for you:)

I'm a 41.5, so could probably get designer shoes that would fit, however fairly muscular calves and a love of knee-high boots is a recipe for disappointment. I would kill for a pair of Louboutin alti-bottes, but couldn't zip the damn things up!

• 4 weeks later...

Having a few designer heels that I can wear has been a glimpse into the quality that is usually lacking for most high heeled footwear on the market. However, the usual price of designer footwear is absolutely out of proportion to the cost in making them. You are actually paying for the comfort of very well made footwear that satisfies your personal sense of completeness and the bragging rites that goes along with the purchase of the designer label.

So, I don't hate designer heels and the quality they bring to the table. I just wish they would be more available to those of us that can't afford them at such extreme prices. Even when they are on sale, for most of us it is like having to cash in our life savings just to pay for them.

They don't come in large sizes because the "creatures" they are designed for are called women. They are not designed for transvestites. It's not unheard of for some men to hate us, nor is it unusual for people who are not financially secure to resent those who are so don't worry it's all fairly normal.

Obviously, the attire that we all wear today has been worn by the other at different times throughout history. Shoes have not been immuned to this activity either. The spike and/or stiletto heels have been a fairly recent development to the footwear scenario, but like the high heels of old they can also change designated wearers. I would hope we would be more mindful and concerned for a person's character after we have seen their exhibit, than to write them off as less than important. Wealth is for bartering or trading and human beings may be a dime a dozen, but once you have lost a person, that is it. Each is one of a kind and I respect their opinion even though it feels like a driven dagger to the heart. Have women wearing men's wear ever been accused of being transvested or is that a put down derogatory term for men only? Too fiesty? ------OH!

Trolldeg, I think Crotch boots was referring to the trouble lots of women have in finding boots that fit their calves. It's quite a common complaint.

Fuller figured girls DO have troubles with modern boots....and yes, it is a common problem for ladies with broader calves.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

but of course EVERYBODY who wears something *different* have to cope commentaries from some other people; it is nothing conserning one gender only. either one walking heels higher, or an unusual material, like latex is, or a corset, or stockings, or just feminine style where everbody wears flat shoes and jeans- and you will have to hear you´re prostitute, slut, what ever.

BUT this is not the majority who would SAY that, and it is not told in your face; when you openly turn to these *commentators* and speak with them they are ashamed. But for that you of course need your own attitude to that. So it is never about you personaly, it is just somebody who wants to find anything to critisize - and then one always WILL find, no matter how invisible you might be;)

one more point- is the opinion (assuming it is about the opinion) of people you do not even know and then with SUCH an approach to something less fitting in *what everybody does* really that important to you?

So it is the wrong *enemy* you see here. Alot of men who DO wear heels because it is what they like have told me that they actually more likely get POSITIVE or neutral reactions. and as already said, every woman wearing whats not fitting in the particular society will face the same.

may be women just do not complain about that in boards... if they like something, they would wear it. For those women who started wearing trousers - the first miniskirts- what ever - it took for sure a lot of courage to cope with the opinion of the society, for sure more than we need to do it today, but they had made their decision and they DID it. And then suddenly, nobody cares.

also about the designer heels- I do not think women are less into high heels than men are. As well there are alot of women who would love to wear designer heels but they would not ever be able to afford. As well there are so often cases, you find a shoe you love, may be even the price is ok at that moment but shoes just does not fit!!!

Also, at least two ladies I know personally have shoesize over eu 42- as well as I know several men having eu 40 or even 39... the same, about calves what several people have mentioned- it is so often shoes/boots you like just does not fit...

so, once more, the statements might be funny- but it is not about gender. I think a little bit sad to read what some men wrote here- it is like you make yourself victims where it is just about ones own attitude and poisture.

Obviously, the attire that we all wear today has been worn by the other at different times throughout history. Shoes have not been immuned to this activity either. The spike and/or stiletto heels have been a fairly recent development to the footwear scenario, but like the high heels of old they can also change designated wearers. I would hope we would be more mindful and concerned for a person's character after we have seen their exhibit, than to write them off as less than important. Wealth is for bartering or trading and human beings may be a dime a dozen, but once you have lost a person, that is it. Each is one of a kind and I respect their opinion even though it feels like a driven dagger to the heart.

Have women wearing men's wear ever been accused of being transvested or is that a put down derogatory term for men only?

Too fiesty? ------OH!