High Heeled Goddess Diary #4

Laurieheels

It's interesting just how different a pair of shoes can make a girl feel. Image is important, yet it is so easy to change the image with something we think is so small. But maybe it is not as small as we think! When I was out on this sunny yet wind stricken Sunday, I had this in mind. I was thinking about how I looked while wearing my boots, and about how much less of an impact I would have had if I had worn my Reeboks. The situation: My sister and I were going with some friends to "paint". It's a wonderful idea, there is a store in a mall where you can purchase ceramic items, and then paint them for free, returning as many times as you need to finish painting. I chose a wonderful incense holder. It looks like a long brick trough, and I made it appear as an old, murky aqueduct, with a trace of water in it. Perched atop the end where the water flows is a dragon, and he looks a bit like something has stirred him from his quiet afternoon nap by the bubbling outpour. Now, as for the outfit: a black top with half sleeves, and a bit of a plunging neckline. Jeans, a black hair band, and my black stiletto ankle boots. And it is no big deal to walk around and do things, or sit and paint, or anything, really, dressed like this. it is still casual and comfortable. But somehow, the boots change everything. We may have discussed this many times in many message threads and topics. Heels making a difference, change appearance. However, I was quite aware of this today. The heels change my whole body. My posture is different, my walk is different. I have a different attitude, more confidence. I feel like I am a bit classier, and thus, more important. Not self important, mind you, as I am not out there thinking I am better than anyone else. And of course, since we were painting things, there is the asthetic aspect of sleek looking black boots with a stiletto heel, versus a beat up pair of runners. It is not just the fact that they were stiletto boots, but the colour, the toe shape, the fact that they have laces, all of these tiny details totally changed how I perceived myself. Such can be the power of shoes. I have had many compliments on my boots of late, and sometimes they go along with the comments about how one of the girls at work feels she'd hurt herself wearing them. Usually I give the jump test demonstration as a follow up, to hit home how well I wear my heels. Of course, I have been told now that I walk so normally and naturally in these heels, which is why this wonder at my ability can exist. It is actually people being impressed, not jealous. And this makes me happy. Not that people are impressed, but because as they are, they are still secure in their own styles and not unhappy with my own. Of course, myself and another girl did try to coax one of the guys who is always joking to try on my black patent five inch stilettos during the week. I even stepped out of them. He did not give them a try. He had made a joke about it, but of course, when it came to it, he was very much unwilling. Which is fine with me, I'd prefer not to have others in my shoes. Was it a good week for heels? Yes. I wore heels of four inches or higher all seven days this week. Okay, on some of the days where I pushed past twelve hours I was a bit more burdened with tired feet than I was before my time off, but that is to be expected. An athlete can be out of shape and need time to train and return to peak ability. There's not much difference between my ability right now and my highest point from last summer and fall, so I don't see much time being required to find top from once more. Not long at all, as I continue to feel good about wearing heels, and feel good in them. I explained it to someone during the week as a lifestyle choice. I think it is one that suits me. :wink:

I definately feel 'different' in heels. Can't explain the feeling, or the "why". As for the people who make comments, I would guess that many of them are secretly wanting to try them, but are afraid to ask. By asking you if they hurt, I'm wondering if they are hoping you'll say, "No, why don't you try them?". Perhaps you should have a spare pair of heels kept handy in a drawer for just such an occasion, so you don't have to share the ones you are wearing. You could lend a pair to someone for an hour or two rather than just a quick try on. Maybe you would have some converts. But how would you cope by not being the only high-heeled Godess in the office? Umm, well still a Godess, but not the only one in heels? As for the man; well, you'll just have to work on that a bit more. Maybe he has a heel fetish, but isn't going to do anything to blow his cover with lots of other people around. Next time there is a sponsored charity event, you'll have to suggest that you'll sponsor him to wear heels. As it's all for charity, how can anyone refuse? Maybe you could find out if you leave some of your high heeled shoes in a drawer, with it left open of course, while you are away at lunch, and see if the shoes get moved around while you are out. Hee hee.

I definitely don't like people wearing my heels. I hate smelly feet and keep mine very clean .... I suppose you could call it a fetish. When the bacteria that cause smelly feet are introduced into a shoe, that's it, the little buggers are there for evermore, so your nice smelling shoes won't be for long. So, if I wear my shoes with smelly feet and infect them, then, OK, it's my fault, but if someone else makes them smelly, then they are rapidly going to lose my friendship ! Xa

As I remember more about last week, the reason we triewd to get the guy to wear heels is because he's short. His sense of humour has developed to make him more confident, I suppose, but it led him somewhere he didn't really want to go. If they ever have one of those events where I can bid to make someone do something, maybe I will try to torture someone by having that person in shoes like mine for a change. As for sharing, the foot bacteria issue was not really what I was thinking about. It was more of "my shoes, don't mess up my personal aura by forcing your own over it." It's strange, and I don't understand it. But maybe I'll figure it out one day, it will click, and the concern will vanish.

Why don't you point him towards this website b4 your next attempt so he doesn't think you are secretly teasing him?

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Laurie said As for sharing, the foot bacteria issue was not really what I was thinking about. It was more of "my shoes, don't mess up my personal aura by forcing your own over it." An interesting concept Laurie. I wonder do you feel the same about your joggers that you wear walking to work? I think it sort of fits with some thing that I have thought, that some women think of their high heels as being part of themselves and not just some thing they wear. So it is like " no you cant try my shoes on, they are not just shoes, they are connected to me, they are a part of Me." And when the shoes get a scratch on them it is more like the wearer has been scarred for life rather than the shoes have been marked. What do you all think? Jeff

I do feel the same about the Reeboks I wear when walking to work, yes. I can let other people drive my car, cook in my kitchen, use my computer, my favourite pen, heck, if my mother borrowed something of mine to wear, fine, and I do the same and borrow from her. I think I will overcome this personal aura thing. After all, many of my wonderful pairs of shoes are fast becoming unwearable, and with the need to replace them as often as I will, becoming attached to them is not as good an idea as I once thought it was. I may need to find a second job, just to pay for new shoes.