heel height for men

luvs2wearthighboots

Micha, thank you. If I would wear 3 to 4 inch heels I couldn't walk very far or walk the whole day as I see and feel it now.

Squirrelheels said somewhere else it's just practice and perseverance.

I know, I don't walk much in heels, I go mostly shopping in my male flat shoes. If I want to wear heels I have to be sure I go somewhere I can't meet family or friends. It's getting better all the time to have more confidence this part of the outside walking.

Hi Robert,

it's also a question of your foot size. Men with big feet should wear higher heels than women. Because the proportions of the shoes should be preserved. If a girl with EU 36 wears 8-cm-heels I need with my EU 44 size nearly 10 cm (4'').

I'm sure that you are able to walk on 3 or 4'' heels. I managed this heel height from my very first beginning. A little bit of practice and you've got it. I reached my limit some weeks ago when I tried my 6'' stiletto boots on a short midnight walk. It was a poor performance .... :D

At the moment my heel height barometer is rather falling then raising. On the other side heels have become my daily footwear in public. I don't care anymore about the danger to meet any family members or friends who don't know my passion. Blushing for wearing high heels? Never! I would rather show them my boots and ask them "How do you like my heels? Aren't they nice?".

Last Christmas I told my family that I like wearing high heels. I visited the first time my family with standard Buffalo platforms (those boots with the thick 2.5'' soles). I don't really know how they interpreted my remark. I'm sure that they have imagined a much lower heel height than I like to wear. Deep in me there must be something anarchic like a punk! :wink:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

You're right Micha... it's all relative. Means my 5in loafers in size 3 are about 4in! So to my friend Keri their her 4in loafers...! (If she still has em!) Although I'm not that large footed - 8-10. I can fit an 8UK, but I'd love to get my hands on some 9s or 10s if I could. (I have some size 9 sandals, amazingly) SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I believe, that 3.5 to 4.5 inches are the best heel heights for men. Still easy to walk on, having the feeling to walk on heels and making you not too big.

I don't like postings like "Heels below 4'' are no real heels!" :D

I agree with this statements. I prefer knee- and ankle-boots with 2 3/4" - 4" heels. :(

Sometimes i wear them outdoors (at night :wink: ), because I´m too shy!! :D

HeelHolgi

if you like it, do it!

well, I find that just about 5 inch heels (on my wedge platform boots) is as high enough for me to wear :wink: and still maintain good balance on walking.I dont wear my blade heel boots by nine west walking down the several sets of steep hills (I dont drive nor own a car) but will if I can get a lift DOWN the hills! :D ) but they are very comfortable to wear no matter where I'm in them. btw, Micha, I wanted to know if you own any blade heel boots yourself and if so, do you like them too? thanks, Brad

To add to the confusion, we have to take into account that some people who have larger feet will probably have higher comfortable height, whereas people with smaller feet will probably have lower comfortable heights. We should measure heels by the amount the incline, not by the heel height... then it'd be uniform across the board. SH

Ahh thanks Robert. I hadn't read that thread! I'm not mathematically inclined but this subject does interest me... Therefore I think heel height should be measured in degrees! And their style in degrees centigrade! :wink: (Sorry....) SH

Only if you can walk in them... You'd look a right fool if you're wearing the most gorgeous high spikes, but can't let go of the furniture :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Are we speaking from experience here?! :D

SH

No, I've never had that problem. Besides, I'd need a f*****g big car to hide my 200 pairs!!!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

To add to the confusion, we have to take into account that some people who have larger feet will probably have higher comfortable height, whereas people with smaller feet will probably have lower comfortable heights.

We should measure heels by the amount the incline, not by the heel height... then it'd be uniform across the board.

SH

This is not so. I once met a girl with size 3(UK) feet who could manage 6" heels (and had a pair made for her wedding) and I know a guy with size 12 feet who cannot wear any more than 4".

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

To add to the confusion, we have to take into account that some people who have larger feet will probably have higher comfortable height, whereas people with smaller feet will probably have lower comfortable heights.

We should measure heels by the amount the incline, not by the heel height... then it'd be uniform across the board.

SH

This is not so. I once met a girl with size 3(UK) feet who could manage 6" heels (and had a pair made for her wedding) and I know a guy with size 12 feet who cannot wear any more than 4".

I dont wear my blade heel boots by nine west walking down the several sets of steep hills (I dont drive nor own a car) but will if I can get a lift DOWN the hills! :D ) but they are very comfortable to wear no matter where I'm in them. btw, Micha, I wanted to know if you own any blade heel boots yourself and if so, do you like them too? thanks, Brad

Hi Brad,

pardon me for my late answer, I wasn't online the last days.

No, I have no blade heels in my boots collection. I don't like this style. Sorry, at the risk to appear intolerant, blade heels remind me of children bicycles with two supporting wheels :wink:

But this is only my own opinion; don't let spoil you your taste! But for a shrill performance in the shopping mall I prefer real stilettos :D

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Is there a reason why he can't handle more than 4"? I'd love to go higher than 4" if I can find a pair of 5+" non-platform heels in my size. I don't know if I could take it, but at least I'd try.

I wish I was a size 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff,

reminds me to my problem: I'm 6' 4'' tall and wear EU 44/45 (UK womens 11 rsp. US womens 13).

For me it's much more difficult to find moderate heel heights than extreme stilettos. No problem to buy 8'' ballet boots in my size but impossible to wear such extreme shoes in daily life!

The problem is to find beautiful and fashionable styles in my size or simply boots with 3'' or 4'' block heels. Most of my time I wear my male style girlie plateau boots from Buffalo (1.5'' soles and 4.5'' block heels). I bought them in the biggest available size 42. They are truly 43 but they are still too narrow for me.

Therefore I was glad to find my new fashionable pointed boots with thin 4.5'' stiletto heels. They look "awfully" feminine. But I can walk comfortably on them and on these boots I match still to standard 2-m-door frames :wink:. May be that people are staring at me - but it's a fun!

micha

PS: My regard to your courage to wear high heels at work! As a freelancer I have to be more modest.

Hi micha,

Try Hay-Way Shoes, Leicester. www.haywayshoes.co.uk

This company makes court shoes up to mens size 12 UK in a variaty of heel sizes. I cannot recomend this company highly enought. The quality of their shoes is excellent and the staff are wonderful. email Jacky on hayway@haywayshoes.co.uk if you have any questions, she is a real jem.

Skirted-UK

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

I can second the recommendation of HayWay Shoes. They even sent me two pairs (while charging me for just one) and let me try them out at home, and return the pair I did not want to keep. Do note that I also was buying for the first (but not the last... :wink: ) time from them, so they had no previous track record of my sincerity. The only complaint one can make is that they (apart from the clogs) only seem to go for man-made materials, but they *do* state these facts quite clearly, so it does not come as a surprise. -Pity, I wonder if one should ask them about the possibility to have a pair done in real leather... TallSwede

Is there a reason why he can't handle more than 4"? I'd love to go higher than 4" if I can find a pair of 5+" non-platform heels in my size. I don't know if I could take it, but at least I'd try.

I don't know. I think it could be balance plus he can't seem to bend his toes enough (calcificated fusing of the metatarsals I reckon).

I have owned several pairs of Hayway shoes myself back in my TV days and I cannot fault their service, workmanship and value for money. They will not do leather because you have to buy a whole skin at around £70-80 (more if it's just one skin) and after making a pair of knee boots you will have a third of it left. To make a pair of thigh boots takes a skin and a half so to make one pair would be a waste. With man made materials you cut whatever you want off the roll and you can cut it any way up without worrying about the direction of stretch.