This compliment made my day

marhil711

Even though I rarely post myself, I have been reading on this board for more then 2 years. All the time you can read other guys' storys where they get compliments for wearing high heels, and today it finally happend to me: I work as a field service engineer, so I don't get to the office very often. Due to some reconstruction, my office room has been moved temporarly from the ground level up to 3rd level in our 4 level building. I hardly know the people that work there, only from sight. This morning somehow I felt very bolt. Even though I often wear low heeled, mostly block heeled shoes to the office (under long pants) I have never worn a shoe like this before (see attachment). Stepping out of the elevator I have to pass some other offices to get to my room. When I passed the room right opposite to the elevator, a lady about my age came out right behind me. I have seen her only once before in the canteen. Suddenly I realized that my pant legs have moved up and my shoes are at full view, but I just went along the corridor up to my room. Maybe an hour later she can into my room and said: Your shoes are cool, can I have another look? And I showed them to her (can you believe it?). Wow, those are pointy. How can you stand that? Do you often wear shoes like that? I can't wear a shoe that's so pointy. My reply was: It depends on the shoe and these are surprisingly comfortable. Then she showed me her calf high boots (also worn onder long pants). The heel was about as high as mine (8 cm, 3 1/4") but with a round toe. At lunch time I went to her office and thanked her for the compliment. This was the first time in all these years that I had a reaction to my footwear at all. She said at first she had to realize what she saw but then she thought it looked nice. She thinks it's cool when people wear just what they like. WOW:thumbsup:. And today she wore those heeled boots because she came by car. Normally she takes the bus where she wouldn't wear any heels at all. We had a nice chat about shoes for the next 10 minutes until her phone rang, so this ended our chat rather abruptly. Concidering by hindsight, what surpised me even more is that the other male colleague, who was working in the same room hardly reacted to her compliment. After she had left he only said: Seems like you made her jelaous for your shoes. It seems he already knew about my heeled shoes before and I guess, so do all the others that I work with, even though I tried so hard to hide them. But so far I never had as much as a word about it. The surprise is people are a lot more tolerant than you would give them credit for. Now I'm thinking about what to make from this experience. How far can I push the limit now? All in all, this was my day today.:winkiss:

post-8547-133522884265_thumb.jpg

Great you had such a positive experience. You may want to hold for now pushing the envelope as this is your place of work. It's one thing to wear 6" stilettos out socially, it's a whole other thing doing it where you earn your money. The same rules which apply to a lady in heels will also apply to you, no matter how liberal your colleagues are. If people are aware, then at least you have no reason to hide them anymore. Why not ask you lady friend whether this is the case? Good luck with whatever you do :winkiss:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Stay cool, dip below the radar for a while, and enjoy where you are. I would check with your lady friend on how she handles such things and emulate her successes a bit and follow her lead. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Nice story marhill711 :-)

It reminds me what happened when I went to work wearing (low heels) for the first time.

Got a nice compliment from a female co-worker. Like others are saying, don't push it too much.

I would recommend to always wear lower heels or block heels under pants when going to work.

If you do it with style and don't "push it" too much, you co-workers (and maybe your boss) will be OK with it.

This is what I do at work. But it also depends in what type of environment your are working, so be careful.

Happy heeling !

Again, a great thanks to all those who replied. I believe you are all right by saying take it slow, and so I will. I think I will continue wearing my low block heels but maybe, if my nerves don't desert me, not so much hidden anymore. Today my delivery from Deichmann arrived. Deichmann is a major shoe discounter in Germany, a bit like Payless in the US (been there some years ago). In their stores most shoes in the womens department only run up to size EU41 / US10 / UK8. Only few models go up to EU42 / US10.5 / UK8.5 but in their webshop you can order (even fewer) models up to size EU44 / US12.5 / UK10 and so I did (again). I thought I share a few pictures with you (see attachement). The first three are the ones that arrived today. I think they are perfect for the office. No. 4 is the same one as in my first post, only this time I wear them. No.5 is a ballerina flat that I wear more often. More pics in the next post.

post-8547-133522884318_thumb.jpg

post-8547-133522884323_thumb.jpg

post-8547-133522884327_thumb.jpg

post-8547-13352288433_thumb.jpg

post-8547-133522884332_thumb.jpg

As promised, more pics All 4 are so called mens style from last fall season. Well, the "girls" took this style from us, so I feel more them welcome to use it for me. I have even more shoes by this style, So far I haven't taken a picture as of now. No. 5 is also in this style, but obviously more of classic pumps.

post-8547-133522884337_thumb.jpg

post-8547-13352288434_thumb.jpg

post-8547-133522884342_thumb.jpg

post-8547-133522884345_thumb.jpg

post-8547-133522884367_thumb.jpg

As promised, more pics

All 4 are so called mens style from last fall season. Well, the "girls" took this style from us, so I feel more them welcome to use it for me. I have even more shoes by this style, So far I haven't taken a picture as of now.

No. 5 is also in this style, but obviously more of classic pumps.

Yeah, why not retake these nice oxfords? I like them.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Hi marhil711, I actually wore the 'Gierlie_2' model to the office two weeks ago. I received some (unfortunatelly negative) reaction on my way to the office, but none at all while working. They do run small - I bought them in EU42 which is my normal guy shoe's size. They are smaller than the most 41 heels I have. -softmover

Hi marhil711,

I actually wore the 'Gierlie_2' model to the office two weeks ago.

I received some (unfortunatelly negative) reaction on my way to the office, but none at all while working.

Nice to hear from another fellow German.

I would like to hear some more. What negative response did you get? Did you wear them full open or hidden?

They do run small - I bought them in EU42 which is my normal guy shoe's size. They are smaller than the most 41 heels I have.

The shoes 1, 3 and 4 in my "girlie" post are actually size 41. Only No. 2 and 5 are size 42. My normal size would be 43 if my feet would'nt be so wide. So I normally take a 44 sometimes even a 45, especially if I need to put in my orthopaedic insoles. Shoes in size 42 I usually need to break in for a while until they get comfortable, but some never will. Those in 41 are always too tight no matter what, but I still think they are fun to wear when I don't have to walk too far.

Recently I returned from a 4 week health treatment. I lost 10 kg there and 7 kg more since I'm back home. I found that besides all my clothes are too big now, my tight shoes are not so tight anymore. It's a great feeling for me. My goal is to loose another 25kg until the end of the year. I'm not going to tell you my actual weight, all I say is: It's way too high.

Here is another picture I wanted to share: Peep toe (almost) flats. I'm not so sure if this style really suits me. I don't like the look of my toes, but I'm not going to paint them, no way.

Your comments are welcome

post-8547-133522884427_thumb.jpg

And now, for some more girlie styles.

They all run a bit small, but I think they are fun to wear (not to the office of course).

Love those white boots, but not for work I think :winkiss:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Yeah, why not retake these nice oxfords? I like them.

They're not only oxford style, they also have the typical decorations of a brogue or wingtip. If not for the heel, the round styles look like a typical brogue up front.

I have worn those combined with a suit for a formal meeting and nobody realized (I think).

Love those white boots, but not for work I think :winkiss:

No, surely not for work, those are too obviously girlie. But I have worn them while going shopping (for shoes, what else?).

The heel is actually sort of chrome plated, it reflects like a mirror. I'm not so sure if this detail is well visible on the photo.