Red Shoe Diary #1

Francis

Well, here it is! The first instalment of my new Red Shoe Diaries

Let me make this clearer

Red Shoe Diaries

Well, I have been wearing my new shoes for a few hours a day mainly while I'm on the computer and taking small trips to the kitchen and back.

Feet are slowly adjusting, but will obviously need far more before I become confident enough to walk with any degree of believability :wink: my legs still can't be straightened without help (otherwise known as the walls)

I've been wearing at least 4" heels while not wearing my red spikes, except for helping my mum move house when I had to wear flat steel toe caps, but I took my 4" blade heels to change back into when the heavy lifting was finished with.

Jackie keeps laughing at me, which is annoying, but actually helps to fortify my resolve to learn to walk properly in them. I'll show her :D

Apart from this, there isn't much else to report, but I shall continue to update as and when :D

Yeah, yeah! Show us pictures!!

-shades of Beavis and Butthead there-

Ok, I'll let you have two for now, but only if you play nicely and don't fight over them :wink:

Posted ImagePosted Image

these were taken today at a friends house. I was wearing them while we went through her book and made adjustments.

Sorry, no tights or stockings! Maybe next time!

Anyway, my feet are slowly getting more used to the shoes. I can stand unaided, albeit with slightly bent legs and can walk a little further :(

Give me a year and I might be able to run in them :D (squadron of pigs fly overhead) :rofl:

I'm going to wear them as much as possible tomorrow as it's my 33rd birthday and may not spend a lot of that time standing anyhow! :D

Very nice shoes. So when are you sending me my pair?????

I mean, the get well gifts have not been forthcoming here...

When I have sufficient funds, I shall come over and bring a pair for you.

Just hope Chris doesn't get too upset when we have our pictures taken together wearing our matching shoes :wink:

Well Francis, he won't be upset, but he does get the right to control the pictures. See, I like that he finds me special, and that it makes him feel special in return when he can keep something to himself. So I should expect you around 2008, right? Har har.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy belated birthday Francis! Good start to your diaries and I will watch this space for more revelations. Jx

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

• 1 month later...

Revelations! Yup, there has been some of those! My red shoes are being packed away until we can find some accomodation! Confused! Well, don't be! We are being evicted from our house because the council hasn't being paying our rent. For those of you that are still confused, I shall explain! In the UK, we have a welfare system for when you are unemployed and seeking work. During this time, you can apply to the local authorities to help with your rent. Housing Benefit. The forms were filled in and sent, however, they haven't processed them, claiming that there is a backlog of 26 weeks. Did you get that? 26 weeks!! Half a bloody year!!! Needless to say, the agency that I rent this place through got 'the hump' and decided that we shouldn't be allowed to stay any longer. They wanted to give us a month in which to find somewhere else, as is the minimum legal requirement. However, the owner of the property wants us out by the 29th of May and has issued a court proceeding against us for repossesion of the house. The agency has issued proceeding for the outstanding rent and I am getting to the end of my tether where I just want to go and hack my way through their collective entrails. But, this wouldn't help. So I have sought legal advice and have been instructed to attend the court hearing and tell the judge that I had done everything in my power to persue the beneits claim with the council and that they are at fault in this matter and that I had no control over the situation. The judge may then grant an extension of my tenancy, long enough for us to find a different set of lodgings, be that another house or stop with friends, of which I seem to have very few now. Everyone was full of great intention saying that "we'll never see you on the streets" and when it comes down to it the reply is "we can't have you here, we don't have the room". All of you that have been in this situation will know exactly what I mean. I have other options up my sleeve, which include "Squatter's Rights". I have also been told that I can takle the council to court for the hassle caused by theit inaction and that they should rehouse us, however, that will not be forthcoming as they don't have any residential properties vacant at the moment. Life, as I know it, has turned upside down, but I shall arise from the ashes a much stronger person! :wink: Life likes to kick you when you are down and I'm about as far down as you can get, so I only have one direction left! UP! :D I shall keep you all inform of my progress and, of course, my red shoes :D Keep smiling everyone, you could be in my shoes!

Wow! That's tough. Sorry for your misfortune. However, with your determination and personality, I know you'll land on your feet. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Ermm... Francis, are you planning on working up to a trial of 7" red shoes or are you chickening out at just the 6.5" ? I think you may be in need of a trainer to renew your quest and I have just the person in mind :wink:

you do?! great! :D when do I meet them? or do I already know them? :( I shall be working up to 7" and of course my 8" ballets, but a new abode for myself and my shoe collection would be advisable. Oh yeah, and the wife! :wink: I'll tell you one thing, when I get a new place, I'm going to have a bloody great party! :o everyone welcome! lots of :drinking: to be done :D

Francis sorry to hear about you dilema. I do admire your positive attitude to it all and I understand about the friend thing too. It's amazing that when you are in a crisis you really do find out who your friends are. You come across as having a great heart and if you were one of my friends I'd happily put you and your wife up until you got sorted as I will be doing that for one of my friends shortly. If you haven't done already, have you thought about going to the Citizens Advice Bureau they are quite helpful and can put you in touch with a solicitor that could help you with the council problem, and as you are on benefits you would get legal aid too. I wish you and your wife well and take care of those red shoes :wink:

Let calm be widespread

Francis, good luck with it all, and don't panic. If it comes to it, I'm sure that emergency arrangements can be made!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Thanks for the support, everyone! :wink: Glad to know that there are people rooting for me out there! On a plus side, we now have comfirmation that the council are paying up, but still doesn't quosh the eviction ordrer. The Evening Telegraph are coming round to photograph us and Anglia TV are interested in doing a report. We're not the only people in this position, but we appear to be the most vocal. A storage unit has been obtained and all our prized belongings will be packed away until a new house has been secured. However, in view of the unlikely event of getting our advance rent and deposit back in a reasonable time, we have been selling furniture and other 'less used' stuff off in an attempt to raise the capital. We are doing well so far! :D My red shoes have been out :D I took them to a new Goth and Alternative store that has just opened, and opened some eyes too! :( My thigh high boots and knee high platforms have been borrowed by this shop so they can gain orders for them and there's 4 orders been placed since friday! One of those was from the proprietor! She fell in love with my knee highs. Well I suppose her adding 6.5" to her height appealed as it then took her to just 1" short of her husband! :o Anyway, onward and upwards! Thanks for your concerns! :o

Perhaps you should see if the shop would pay you some commission? "Proceeds to the Francis & Jackie fighting fund" kind of thing? Actually, I'm serious here!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Sorry to hear of your plight Francis. When I read it the first time, I didn't read it properly and thought it was all part of the shoe joke, so apologies from me for not having picked up on it earlier. I would have thought that council are legally bound to sort you out with emergency accomodation and storage as they have cocked up in a such a big way.

Well, we have had some developements! Firstly, the council have admitted liability and have paid up! HURRAH! :wink: BUT, they won't admit to having any legal abligation to rehouse us even though their actions have made us homeless. Secondly, we have legal action proceeding against the housing agency we lease the house from unless they issue the correct eviction letter as is needed for an assured shorthold tenancy. Legal minimum is 8 weeks regardless of reason, excepting destruction of property. Since we haven't damaged the place (more like fixed it up) they have no choice but to comply or be taken to court by Accomodation Concern. Evening Telegraph have been and me and the wife are getting our mugs in the paper! Fame, at last! :D Another bit of good news, but totally unrelated, but I felt like telling everyone anyway, is that I have passed my Counterbalance Forklift Driving Test! :D Now onto the conversion course for my Reach Forklift License and then I'm fully qualified for FLT. We have saved a bit more money and sold some furniture to help with our funds towards getting fresh digs. I'm looking at moving to Rushden which is 11 miles away, where me and my heels can get out and about again :o well, enough of my woes for tonight! Let's see what tomorrow brings!

Francis, Glad to hear you and Jackie are ok and heading off to pastures and ventures new. Julie xx

Let calm be widespread

Another bit of good news, but totally unrelated, but I felt like telling everyone anyway, is that I have passed my Counterbalance Forklift Driving Test! :D Now onto the conversion course for my Reach Forklift License and then I'm fully qualified for FLT.

We have saved a bit more money and sold some furniture to help with our funds towards getting fresh digs. I'm looking at moving to Rushden which is 11 miles away, where me and my heels can get out and about again :wink:

Congrats on passing the test! And best of luck with your move. Perhaps we should all turn up in heels and help, so your new neighbours know what to expect!

Did they take photos of you in your nice red heels? :wink:

I could be persuaded to take a few in the shop, but I won't be taking any out on the streets until I can walk in them without wobbling :D