A ? To the Veterans...

ChipsHH

Hey all. Sorry I haven't been active much here. I just seem to visit and look at new posts and call it a day/night. But I'll try and post at least once every visit cause sometimes, I do wanna post, but under circumstances, can't bring myself to. So yeah, that's the situation there.

I just had a question to the StreetHeelers here, and maybe to all the men here. Not sexist, to any females reading, but you'll understand once I post my concern.

I went out today, to the Mall to look at the new styles of the season and all. Also went to DSW and a few Thrift Stores, went to those places with my "house shoe" wedges (I call them my "house shoes" mainly because they're the most comfortable wedges I've ever worn. I could definitely last a full day in just them. I have just about 2 pair of them I can wear ALL day, but that's another subject). It had been awhile since I last Street Heeled, so it got me quite nervous when I got to the first place. But after that, I was like, Oh forget it! Let's go to the next place in these Lovelies! and that's what I did, enjoyed myself as well. Not a bulge in sight.. Oh, uh, Ahem. Ahem... But anyhow...

It had me to thinking; actually, I was thinking this same thought the other night. And I just figured I had to ask you Guys about it, and girls are free to answer to. I just think since guys...well, lemme ask first.

Have you guys felt, in your teen years or whenever, that you were possibly just in a Phase at the time? Like maybe, you don't really like heels; that you're just experimenting with different styles or footwear or just confused? Mom mentioned this wayy long ago, around the time I told her about my fetish, I think. I never gave it a second thought, until I thought about it these days ago, including today. At times, I feel like it is. Like, I feel like I'm bluffing at when I say I'll definitely be heeling my way into and through college.

Hm, don't know how else to explain, but yeah. That's the question to you guys: Am I just in a Phase, or am I truly a high heeler?

Formally "HHDude"

HHDude –

Am I just in a Phase, or am I truly a high heeler?

That’s an interesting but tough question and there is really no way for any of us to know. A related question is why do I like to wear heels? There have been threads on this board that go all over the place on that one.

Lets take you question down to the basic, “Am I just in a Phase”. The answer is yes. The next question is how long is the phase? For some it might be just a day for others it might be life long.

You have found something, “heeling”, that you enjoy, and I believe, society is becoming more tolerant so there is less social pressure to not indulge yourself. Only you can answer, “How long will I still enjoy doing this?” You can also spend a lot of time considering, “Why do I enjoy doing this?”

There is some urge you have to wear heels. What will you do if that urge is satisfied? More importantly, what will you do if it is not? It is quite possible that the desire to wear heel will wear off and you will be done with it, but it may grow to demand wearing other things as well. There have been posts going in both directions.

One last thing to consider. After wearing heels for a while, that bulge thing doesn’t happen any more and you find that heels are just another pair of shoes. This may have some effect on you desire to wear heels (the operative word is may).

Like I said, there is no way any of us can tell how long your phase will last, but regardless, (some may argue about wedges being heels) but you are a heeler and you will always be able to look back and say, “Yep, I tried that.”

Enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I know exactly what you're feeling there, I had it a couple times. When it was all still secret I would get some heels and have them for maybe a year or so. Then I would start doubting what I am doing and thinking I don't need these and get rid of them thinking that I'm through with the whole thing. Of course a couple of months later the urge to wear heels is back and I'm all excited by having some again. After doing that twice I admitted to myself that this was something to stay and it became not so secret and so now its becoming more normal for me to go out in heels. As for you, it could be a phase still but you've already told people about it, gone out and such like so its unlikely. If you keep getting an urge to want to wear them though after a while its probably going to stick with you so might as well enjoy it.

The Term "just a phase" (reminds me of a song from incubus...) i think is far to simplified. Life as a human is simple yet complex. I suppose that one could argue that human life is 1 phase after another. Personally i feel this is wrong. to my understanding, life as we know it is 1 giant phase, starts when we is borned, ends when we is dead(personal beliefs of pre/post mortalitly aside). If one considers wearing high heels as just a phase, then one should also consider wearing clothes as just a phase, having a job as just a phase, or even waking up as just a phase. The fact of the matter is this life is anything and everything we make it. Everyone's personal goal is to find what makes him/her happy. If high heels make you happy, then there is no reason that you should not experience the happiness that comes from them. Should you proceed later in life and discover something that makes you even more happy, or gives the same euphoria, then you should experience that. However do note, just because you may find happiness in something beyond high heels, does not constitute them to make you unhappy. you will always find happiness in them, wether it is to the same magnitude or not. its like going back and playing with G.I. Joes or something. We grown men sometimes see them and pick them up and fiddle with them for a bit and remember the good ole days. Some of us even collect them, but this is all besides the point. The Fact of the matter is what you do will always be with you. You will always have some sort of emotional tie to anything you do in the past. Personally, i started heeling when i was 23, and well, i do not forsee the "phase" ending anytime soon, i see it as a part of my life. i hope at least some things here made sense, it is quite a long time past my bed time :winkiss:

Interesting question. I guess I've always been fascinated by heels, and since my ex encouraged me to explore them, I too have wondered if it's just a phase. I will say it varies. Some days I'll be itching to wear them, and other days I'll be pretty indifferent. I too have wondered if I wear heels long enough or if it becomes more mainstream so that a guy wearing heels, even the more feminine styles, is almost ordinary, then I don't know if I would still be as enthusiastic about wearing them. Could it be a phase? Maybe. I have a feeling though that it's not just a phase but something I'll probably continue to do, even if streetheeling loses its appeal.

I was going through the same thing. I would go through withdrawal and say to myself that I am through with heels and whatever. I would sell them or give them away. But then like months later I would miss them or would want more. So yeah it is easy to say that it is just a phase but they are like drugs (not saying I use them) you just can get enough and eventually have to have more and more

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

I still have the first new pair of boots I bought more than 35 years ago. If that is a phase, then it's pretty long. The net, and sites like this, has encouraged me to be more open about my likes and desires. I wear heels on a daily basis, not always very high, or very thin heels, but always higher than mens, sometimes a skirt too, and other than sneaking after dark, probably would not have done so without seeing others writting on line. Now the cat is out of the bag, I can't predict when, or if, it will ever be caged again.

totter along into history

HHDude i was thinking about this myself too, since i got enough pairs now that im running out of places to keep them and probably going to end up purging 90% of them (again) like some have said, i came to my own conclusion on whether you see your heeling as more of a hobby or part of your lifestyle.

A hobby i mean you can pick up or drop as you wish.

Whereas if its more part of your lifestyle then heeling would mean more to you and you'd be including heeling as part of your days whenever you can, whether it be thinking about it, or buying or whatever.

Thats just my idea anyways,

I was going through the same thing. I would go through withdrawal and say to myself that I am through with heels and whatever. I would sell them or give them away. But then like months later I would miss them or would want more. So yeah it is easy to say that it is just a phase but they are like drugs (not saying I use them) you just can get enough and eventually have to have more and more

I know exactly what you're feeling there, I had it a couple times. When it was all still secret I would get some heels and have them for maybe a year or so. Then I would start doubting what I am doing and thinking I don't need these and get rid of them thinking that I'm through with the whole thing. Of course a couple of months later the urge to wear heels is back and I'm all excited by having some again.

After doing that twice I admitted to myself that this was something to stay and it became not so secret and so now its becoming more normal for me to go out in heels.

As for you, it could be a phase still but you've already told people about it, gone out and such like so its unlikely. If you keep getting an urge to want to wear them though after a while its probably going to stick with you so might as well enjoy it.

Hard to believe I have people that had my experience as well. I, too, have gotten rid of my share of heels. Yet, they weren't even mine! But then, as well, I have had the urge to wear them again. That's when (my birthday) I got a truck for a present, and then, heels began filling the trunk. I have about 5+ pairs now and I kinda see it growing.

I've been out in public...more than twice, I can say, and I did, in fact, enjoy myself while being out. I just wish, Now, that I had friends to enjoy this with. I've told numerous Girls about my fetish. But half of them are solely over the internet and choose to either support it or ignore me altogether. The other half, well, they choose to rarely talk to me, whlist never hang out with me. :winkiss: I know, sad story, but I cope.

But as to the subject, I'm just going to wait for college, cause that's where it'll really count and decide if it's a Phase or not.

Formally "HHDude"

It's probably going to be a while before you know for sure. I've been wearing heels for as long as I can remember, I was sneaking into my mum's bedroom and trying on her shoes when I was at primary school and it's never gone away. In fact I remember wanting to try on the girls' ballet shoes when I was in my first year of school, so I must have been about five. Like Radiodave, there are times when I want to wear them constantly, other times maybe once a week will do. The best thing is probably not to analyse it too much, just let it run its course. If in a year or two you stop wanting to wear heels, so be it. I wouldn't worry about it though. As for the bulges, that will be the appeal of forbidden fruit. I found that heels lost a lot of their erotic appeal once I started going out in them. I still love them, but wearing isn't really a turn-on any more unless it's in a specific context.

These are all great replies from you all, but I maintain that there are going to be as many different reasons for wearing heels or not as there are members on this site. I can only relate the story as it applies to me. When I was 12 years old and seeing the pretty girls wearing heels and having fun doing so, I thought to myself. That looks like fun and I wonder what it would be like for me to try wearing heels myself? So I tried it and had more fun than anything else doing it. I have been doing it for many decades, as I have said repeatedly before, and without any regrets at all to this day. Now if that is just a passing fancy, it sure has been an extremely long one that hasn't quit yet to this day. And it has been an extremely happy period of time for me as well. I wouldn't have changed it for anything else ever. And if it ever gets to where I can't balance heels, then I might think about wearing some pretty ballet flats if thats the only thing left for me to do. So as I maintained above, there is no hard answer to this question as everyones results will be different from everyone elses. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I have been wearing heels for 26 years always found them sexy and wanted to wear some my late wife eventually bought me a pair and it went from there when she passed away 7 years ago and I started dating I thought that would be the end of heels for me. It was my new wife that started me wearing heels again 4 years ago and now I have over 40 pairs. Would not do with out them.

It kind of funny that I noticed this thread today. I have been thinking about how much I want to break out of my self-imposed and socially produced shell. To do this means I would have to find another vocation, because there is no way my present occupation could be done wearing high heels all the time. Wearing high heels is more than a phase for they are constantly in my thoughts. As I have mentioned in other posts my desire to begin wearing certain feminine footwear started very early in my life, because I haven't known any different. My desire increased exponentially stronger as I was told I wasn't suppose to wear them. Many of my activities while growing up have been in pursuit of procuring or viewing my desired footwear as I became aware of them, if only for some fleeting seconds. Perhaps if the social taboo wasn't in existence, I would have been more mellow in my approach to wearing them, but I would still be a very dedicated high heelers as many women have enjoyed doing.