British Singer

Most of the members living in the USA are familiar with the television program "American Idle," Hosted by that Brit Guy, Simon some-one-or-other(Cowell, I believe), and the quality of contestants they chose to perform. I happen to come across this on youtube and was so surprised. It nearly knocked my socks off.

I've watched the clip three or four times thinking that there has to be some gimmick being employed here. But, I can't find one. So I believe it has to be real.

Now, for my British friends, is this performance on the level?. If it is, then it is a truly outstanding performance by an extremely talented individual. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

I really believe we're going to hear a lot more from Ms. Susan Boyle.

I am going to put the link here for y'al to view. And, gimmick or not, it is truly enjoyable and comes out on top, at least ten stories above the level of (so called) talent that is presented to viewers in North America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba, Thanks for the great find. Wow what a voice that lady has. It certainly sounds like a properly tutored voice. I guess well be seeing more of her. Cheers, Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

An amazing voice - just shows one can't prejudge the package by the wrapping. Although "American Idol" (not Idle!) has become stale, this woman has breathed new life into the concept. What a pleasure to listen to.

Vern

Thanks for pointing out the difference between Idol and Idle. My choice was made on the appearance of most of the contestants selected to perform on the American version of the program. Not really my idea of an idol in any sense of the definition. More like the definition of idle: Groundless, worthless, useless. Or, in other words, "very little real talent." (so much for my opinion .)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

An amazing voice - just shows one can't prejudge the package by the wrapping. Although "American Idol" (not Idle!) has become stale, this woman has breathed new life into the concept. What a pleasure to listen to.

Vern

She hails from the Scottish highlands. Apparently the Boyles are a legitimate Scottish highland clan, although they have one of the ugliest tartans in the book.

She was said to be rather "frumpy", and I'll admit that most highlanders aren't candidates for Glamor Mag. But can she ever sing!!! Did she get that voice calling sheep up in the highlands? I don't know, but I can hardly wait to hear more from her and to see some albums, when they come out!

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

I don't know how the media has been covering Ms. Boyle's audition appearance on that program but she has been all over television here in the United States. Her performance has been mentioned on almost every news and talk program broadcast both on radio and TV. And, last night, it was mentioned on one Fox News programs that her performance as posted on youtube had well over 20 million hits. I agree with Guy N. Heels in that I cannot wait to hear her sing more songs. :winkiss: Reminds me singers Josh Groban, Charlotte Church and the famous Irish tenor Michael Daly. All of three were "discovered" and became famous, talents.

There are a few talent shows from Simon Cowell (or clones)(shows that is). Here in the UK we also get the American versions. Ms Boyle is on my ISPs home page It seems she is a real gem and getting praise from many quality stars. As for the shows there is some average acts, many dire to be locked away for ever and a small number that with some guidance and training could make some comfortable money and of those, a few that are just WOW! do not worry I wont be there... Al

Ah yes, the ugly duckling syndrome. Well, you are certainly correct there. There wasn't much expectation based on her dowdy and frumpy appearance. But, that all changed as quickly as the first notes of her angelic voice floated across the audience. While it might be useful to some to dwell on the fact that appearance is a measure of worth and she really was rudely welcomed. It is worth looking at the youtube clip all over again just to watch the look on the Judges faces change from one of "on my, do we really have to do this" to one of realization that they were truly witnessing the exposure of a "major talent". Chagrin? You betcha! I'd rather think of all of the hours of enjoyment I am going to get from listening to here future CD's. :winkiss:

Ah yes, the ugly duckling syndrome. Well, you are certainly correct there. There wasn't much expectation based on her dowdy and frumpy appearance. But, that all changed as quickly as the first notes of her angelic voice floated across the audience. While it might be useful to some to dwell on the fact that appearance is a measure of worth and she really was rudely welcomed. It is worth looking at the youtube clip all over again just to watch the look on the Judges faces change from one of "on my, do we really have to do this" to one of realization that they were truly witnessing the exposure of a "major talent". Chagrin? You betcha! I'd rather think of all of the hours of enjoyment I am going to get from listening to here future CD's. :winkiss:

As has been observed on another thread, dresses, shoes, accessories, even hairstyles can all be purchased! Those things can always be added if needed. But that VOICE; By the time she had hit her 4th note it was clear that money couldn't supply that! Now we're all on tenderhooks awaiting her next release. I certainly wish her all the best.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Has anyone seen Jay Leno's impression of Miss Boyle? The tears running down his cheeks really had me laughing hard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOHSef0Wevk

As usual, Jay Leno was hilarious! (He sang almost as well as Ms. Boyle, didn't he? :winkiss: )

Good luck on your trip to Europe. (I think I spent a week in Stockholm one night - :silly: )