Why Do I Wear Heels?

sandalguy

Strange thing hapened to me this morning. I was in Starbucks offering my morning tithe, and a woman behind me asked me why I was wearing heels. It caught me off guard because I wasn't actually thinking about my footwear at the moment, but rather what I needed to get done at work today. So, as you can imagine, I really didn't have an answer to offer her. She was pleasant, don't get me wrong, and I think somewhat intrigued, but she did get me thinking about what my answer is. I humbly submit that the decision for a man to wear heels is somewhat more involved. Certainly we have the same problem as women do on the actual shoe selection - anything over 3" takes a certain amount of courage. To be completely honest, I don't wear heeled shoes because of the heel. As my screen name suggests, I am a sandal fan, and to that end, have always worn them whenever possible. My preference in the style of shoe was not inside the normal "blocky and black" mens styles in the market. So, I started wearing ladies styles, and most people never noticed. Heels came into my life through experimentation, and mostly because of the styling. It wasn't until I started wearing sandals to work that they became almost an exclusive part of my wardrobe. Men's sandals just do not fit in a working atmosphere, but, womens sandals are actually designed for it. So, every day, I put on my khakis and polo shirt, and strap up, and I love it. It's actually to the point now at awork where nobody really notices what shoes I am wearing. There is the occasional comment from someone who wants to know where "I got those shoes." So the net is, I wear heels because the styles are more professional and less "beach like."

I like your reason for wearing female foot wear. I feel the same as you do. Not much interesting in male foot wear. I also like the feel i get from wearing female shoes. Esp. heels. I would like to see men in my office wear female sandles and other female shoes.

Sandalguy, I guess that would catch you off guard for sure, geez even before coffee. What kind of shoe did you have on? I am now looking toward summer and warm temps, time to look for sandals and other fum summer heels. Thanks for sharing the encounter. Mtnsofheels

• 2 weeks later...

Strange thing hapened to me this morning. I was in Starbucks offering my morning tithe, and a woman behind me asked me why I was wearing heels. It caught me off guard because I wasn't actually thinking about my footwear at the moment, but rather what I needed to get done at work today. So, as you can imagine, I really didn't have an answer to offer her.

She was pleasant, don't get me wrong, and I think somewhat intrigued, but she did get me thinking about what my answer is.

I humbly submit that the decision for a man to wear heels is somewhat more involved. Certainly we have the same problem as women do on the actual shoe selection - anything over 3" takes a certain amount of courage.

To be completely honest, I don't wear heeled shoes because of the heel. As my screen name suggests, I am a sandal fan, and to that end, have always worn them whenever possible. My preference in the style of shoe was not inside the normal "blocky and black" mens styles in the market. So, I started wearing ladies styles, and most people never noticed.

Heels came into my life through experimentation, and mostly because of the styling. It wasn't until I started wearing sandals to work that they became almost an exclusive part of my wardrobe. Men's sandals just do not fit in a working atmosphere, but, womens sandals are actually designed for it.

So, every day, I put on my khakis and polo shirt, and strap up, and I love it. It's actually to the point now at awork where nobody really notices what shoes I am wearing. There is the occasional comment from someone who wants to know where "I got those shoes."

So the net is, I wear heels because the styles are more professional and less "beach like."

Could you post some pics of what you wear to illustrate your tastes and preferences?

Sandalguy,

I guess that would catch you off guard for sure, geez even before coffee.

What kind of shoe did you have on?

I am now looking toward summer and warm temps, time to look for sandals

and other fum summer heels.

Thanks for sharing the encounter.

Mtnsofheels

Let me first take this opportunity to say welcome to the forum, Sandalguy! :winkiss::silly:

And I am somewhat intrigued about the little story you told, although I do sincerely hope that you have developed a plausable answer for anyone who pops the same question to you in future. Quite frequently, especially when it's a woman asking the question, I use the old rejoinder, "Why do YOU wear 'em?" That usually buys me an extra minute or so to come up with some kind of answer.

Now my question to you is, "morning tithe?" You spend 10% of your income, or at least what pocket money you have on hand, for coffee every morning? If that is the case then I must assume that you work in some industry that is now the proud recipient of a major fraction of Obama's trillion dollar spending spree. If that is in fact the case and you are not misusing the word, please keep spreading the joy and sunshine around! Maybe someday a little will trickle-down to poor blokes like me.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels